The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
How about we try ranking his most underrated/unappreciated songs? :nerd:

Now that his body of work is a bit more... diverse>D

1Heaven or Las Vegas
2Life of the Party
3The Knowing
4Initiation
5False Alarm ( :lol: :smh: aye man, what can I say... that track grew on me)

Last edited:
False Alarm would be alot easier to listen to if it wasn't for that awful chorus.

I'm not getting into lists though. My favorites change with the seasons :lol:.

Underappreciated could only be argued for anything post-Trilogy. Up to that, he was batting .1000. After KL, .997 with Live For being the only miss (btw, that doesn't negate the album being certified classic).

I'd say TITR & Angel may be underappreciated here. Honestly, both BBTM & SB are a few missteps from being really great albums.

trap-card-2.jpg

How can Wicked Games not be in everyones top 5?!

Actually NVM son has so many gems its crazy . Also HOB is pure perfection thats the greatest album ever also IDC.

What's everyone's opinion about Gone?

You see, this is that real genius I was talking about.

The Hills is a farce in that arena.

Top 5 completely off the top of the head.

1. Professional
2. The Morning
3. Gone
4. The Party and the After Party
5. Next

Look man, I understand why most of ya'll won't put Starboy that high on your list. It's a different Weeknd. It's more polished. It's got more structure. It isn't as raw as his earlier stuff.

But I thought Thursday was weak outside of LOTP and Valerie. EOS is cool. Montreal, Outside, XO/The Host, Same Old Song, Next, Till Dawn - all dope. I love KL. It dropped a few months after I started getting into The Weeknd with Trilogy. That album has a special place in my heart just because of where I was in life at that time. But objectively, half that album was good. And BBTM.........let's not start. Maybe 3 songs still hold up.

HOB
Starboy
EOS
KL
Thursday
Every feature he's ever done
50 Shades of Gray Soundtrack
His Old Haircut

BBTM

Starboy the song or album?

It's better than BBTM and I liked that alot. The first 6 joints on that album >>>. At this point, his biggest problem is that he's putting too many songs on his albums.

Back
Top Bottom