The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by RavageBX

I don't know what happened between last night and this morning but I am upgrading my previous "ok" rating to an "
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
" rating lol

Let's really talk about this Dirty Diana cover though. Simply magnificent
pimp.gif

Can we though? Abel just reached a new level with that, how you cover the God and body it?
I had chills, one of my favorite MJ songs too.

Son is 21? God bless any other singing $#@@# out here, UPS is hiring.

Originally Posted by awwsome

I don't know what happened between last night and this morning but I am upgrading my previous "ok" rating to an "
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
" rating lol

pimp.gif

Can we though? Abel just reached a new level with that, how you cover the God and body it?

The funny thing is Dirty Diana was never one of my favorite MJ songs. Not that I didn't think it was great but there are just other songs I prefer to it. But this cover has me looking at the song in a whole new light. And that's truly the mark of a great cover. You aren't just re-singing the song, you have to bring something more to the table. And Weeknd does that well. Same way I felt about Trust Issues. I can't even listen to the Drake version anymore. I won't say that Weeknd's Dirty Diana is better but I feel confident stepping out there and saying its on par. It's that good. 

Lots of people saying Thursday is their least favorite of the 3. I must be the only one who liked Thursday the most. It goes; Thurs > HOB > EOS in my opinion. Thurs and HOB just had a lot of stand out tracks. Even tho I like just about every song on EOS, only a couple tracks on stood out to me right away. Still a good tape tho. Very smooth.

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

Lots of people saying Thursday is their least favorite of the 3. I must be the only one who liked Thursday the most. It goes; Thurs > HOB > EOS in my opinion. Thurs and HOB just had a lot of stand out tracks. Even tho I like just about every song on EOS, only a couple tracks on stood out to me right away. Still a good tape tho. Very smooth.
I feel like EOS is a lot different in that the tracks are not as sing alongable as his first two tapes. Also his first two tapes had several tracks that would immediately make me dance, while this one I'm still waiting to see what effects it'll have on me. All in all just a different tape.

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

my sentiments exactly. 
I have "Same Old Song" on repeat. This man/group whatever it is..AMAZING

so, HoB is the middle, Thursday is the ending, and EoS is the beginning of a relationship. Anyone else feel like this?

No significance really about each album having 9 tracks. After spinning this many times, Outside is my favorite track. This tape is on par with HOB.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

so, HoB is the middle, Thursday is the ending, and EoS is the beginning of a relationship. Anyone else feel like this?

Don't think so. It is what it is. The trilogy starts with High For This and ends on the last track EOS. Kinda
eek.gif
when you listen to High For This then EOS right after.

Originally Posted by awwsome

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
" rating lol

pimp.gif

The funny thing is Dirty Diana was never one of my favorite MJ songs. Not that I didn't think it was great but there are just other songs I prefer to it. But this cover has me looking at the song in a whole new light. And that's truly the mark of a great cover. You aren't just re-singing the song, you have to bring something more to the table. And Weeknd does that well. Same way I felt about Trust Issues. I can't even listen to the Drake version anymore. I won't say that Weeknd's Dirty Diana is better but I feel confident stepping out there and saying its on par. It's that good. 
Exactly, I love how he brings he aesthetic to anything he jumps on, even a cover or a remix.

Man this dude is such a special talent, what him and his team have done this year is legendary, never seen anything like it.

Just downloaded it and will check it out over the holiday weekend.  Gotta finish Jeezy, then Common, and then this mixtape 
pimp.gif

I fell asleep to this joint, best sleep in a while
pimp.gif
I always get shivers when he first starts singing on Echoes

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Forgive me if I'm late, but what's the significance of every album being specifically numbered with 9 songs?
3 albums 9 songs
999 = 666

nerd.gif

My first born will be concieved to The Host.

I told myself I'd leave the molly alone but I gotta get high to this $+$@

MONTREAL
Personally my fav track on the tape.
Gonna smoke that good tonight and listen to the entire thing again....but with RainyMood in the background.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EOS is his best I think he's progressively gotten better.

HOB was experimental and a good first look to catch people's attention but each EP is amazingly better than the previous to me

After ignoring the previous Weeknd mixtapes I finally caved in and downloaded Echoes of Silence after listening to one song. Hope I like it.

I still think HOB is the best.
EOS might surpass it though
Thursday is still his weakest effort to me, albeit still great in it's own right which says alot
That %+*+ is flawless in my eyes

Back
Top Bottom