The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Thursday is getting much more credit than it deserves, i can only bump Lonely Star and The Birds Pt.1 consistently
....yeah it's just you.
Lonely Star is the only song i CAN'T play consistently 
Dang seriously you guys?

The Zone? Gone? Rolling Stone?
re-read what i said.

Son actually left the room tho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BTW, who the hell is that at the conclusion of Same Old Song with the sideline commentary? Sounds like Juicy J to me...

Ishh be having me rolling every time I hear that part of the track..."shut the eff up...we tripppinnnnnn mannnnn" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

after listening to EOS over 10x today, EOS is a great ending to the trilogy. im so looking foward to what abel does in 2012. i will see him in concert if he comes to NYC

HOB > EOS > Thursday

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by TiDE619

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yooooo 1:53-2:05 is the exact same thing I do when listenin to this shhh what the fuuu Abel got dudes in trances

My guy really had to take a break half way through just to slam a turkey samwhich and a canada dry to the neck
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You can't tell me that ''Mr. Enigma'' himself who gave us ''The Knowing'' video riddled with symbolism just happened to randomly number his three classic albums at 9...

...I'm not suggesting that it means something sinister, but it definitely means something.

And let's be clear here: this man's trilogy is nothing short of classic.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Thursday is getting much more credit than it deserves, i can only bump Lonely Star and The Birds Pt.1 consistently
....yeah it's just you.
Lonely Star is the only song i CAN'T play consistently 
Dang seriously you guys?

The Zone? Gone? Rolling Stone?
Yea dude is seriously wrong Tracks 1-6 mesh too damn well on Thursday

I'm scared to think about where this will go next. The obvious next move is to go major and release a retail album but I'm scared it will kill his raw/organic sound. If he tries to make a song for radio play it may not end well. I need this dude to continue singing about poppin pills and poppin pu$$y on a monday.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I'm scared to think about where this will go next. The obvious next move is to go major and release a retail album but I'm scared it will kill his raw/organic sound. If he tries to make a song for radio play it may not end well. I need this dude to continue singing about poppin pills and poppin pu$$y on a monday.

All of this. The powers that be need to realize the movement
and let him do whatever he wants. U can't restrict the creativity
of an artist of this caliber.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by RavageBX

All of this. The powers that be need to realize the movement
and let him do whatever he wants. U can't restrict the creativity
of an artist of this caliber.

94993_profile.jpg

who cant..?

Dude should just stay indy and _ the game up.

I got hyped when I heard the beginning of Echoes of Silence w/ the song D.D.

Paying homage to the king of pop..

Michael Jackson.

Rest in Peace.

Everything The Weeknd has done is just...incredible.

I remember downloading House of Balloons just a day or two after it came out, with no idea who this guy was and a mystery shrouding his image.
None of it mattered, just some amazing music.

It's insane what he has done this year, actually having released the trilogy and completely living up to everything I could have wanted.
Kind of surreal too, the music has perfectly transformed to fit the relationship I was in this year and recently ended.
Overall, HOB is my favorite probably regardless of what he did on Thursday or EOS but I'd say they are both completely up to par

"i hope they don't hang me for my decisions on #echoesofsilence lol"
Pretty sure that was in reference to Juicy J on Same Old Song.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

"i hope they don't hang me for my decisions on #echoesofsilence lol"
Pretty sure that was in reference to Juicy J on Same Old Song.

Juicy J sampled "Loft Music" on his last mixtape. I thought it was cool that he was randomly on it.

But this tape will be my favorite one by the end of the year. The beats plus what he is saying just makes this incredible.
pimp.gif

Drake just needs to get that OVOXO label up and running and sign young abel and let him do as he pleases. They can't lose right now..

Are you kidding me?
laugh.gif

Are you kidding me?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom