The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
So this was a old verse from a juice song and Abel just added his part on. Never listened to Juice before but I'm intrigued to listen to his discography
I hadn't fully listened to him either until he passed but listen to Goodbye and Good Riddance. It's a little young-ish for my tastes but I can feel that vibe. If I was a teen or early 20's I probably would have dug it

You'll know off the bat why Abel wanted to do this. Juice is black and white about overdosing and ****. Low-key took me off guard how casual he is. No doubt kids were OD'ing in part because of that album

I hadn't fully listened to him either until he passed but listen to Goodbye and Good Riddance. It's a little young-ish for my tastes but I can feel that vibe. If I was a teen or early 20's I probably would have dug it

You'll know off the bat why Abel wanted to do this. Juice is black and white about overdosing and ****. Low-key took me off guard how casual he is. No doubt kids were OD'ing in part because of that album

The tape he did with Future was my introduction to Juice WRLD. I was one of those people who didn't really give him any respect and kind of wrote him off but I ended up going back and checking out Goodbye & Good Riddance and I later checked Death Race for Love when it dropped.

I grew to appreciate that dude was talented as ****, even if his music wasn't necessarily always for me. I find his entire sound to be completely unique. Him and his producer teams basically created an entirely new intersection of music where trap sounds meet punk rock.

I think you can see his influence in a lot of rap music in the past few years in the whole melancholy trap, contemporary blues sound that you see dudes like NBA Young Boy, Money Man, Polo G and Quando Rondo experiment with.

It wasn't until after he passed that I learned what a talented freestyler he was too. For real one of the best freestyle rappers I've ever heard. His freestyles are nothing like his recorded music. I always thought it was cool as **** how he could basically operate as two completely unique artist.

The reason I don't listen his music a whole lot is because it actually makes me feel bad. I'm naturally a pretty happy dude but man his music for real brings me down. :lol:

Still I'm kind of in awe of the sound and vibe he was able to capture. Juice WRLD deserve all his flowers.

Holy ****. This guy's walkout music just now he picked After Hours :wow:

**** was blasting over the speakers in the empty arena

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 7.39.27 PM.png

I was as disappointed in this as I am in his taste in women 🤦🏾‍♂️. I was expecting at least like a whole set.

Back
Top Bottom