The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Yeah… this was a major disappointment. Production is enjoyable but nothing that stuck out to me. I can see a few songs growing on me though, Take My Breath did lol.

Doesn’t slap the same during the day as it did during the live listen last night

This album definitely daytime music

Barely any drug references if any, only by Jim Carrey.

Might be his sober album lol

This album sucks

The lyrics are mediocre at best, majority of the songs sound the same, he's singing in a similar tone almost the entire time

I was waiting for a hard beat to drop for an hour and nada....oh and his album covers have progressively gotten worse each project.

Gonna spin HOB and Thursday later to cleanse my ears, consider me strictly an OG Abel fan lol

It’s okay, definitely gonna keep some songs, but I’m definitely a little disappointed after first listen. I didn’t like the features at all, the beginning of their verses throws off the flow of the song. Both features made the song worse off for me.

Starting my listen now, I strongly prefer his old work up to Kissland but I've generally enjoyed the newer albums.

Gasoline... Nah, that's not for me.

Kinda hard to compare it like that. The music is a completely different style. If folks aint into poppy 80's then yeah, they're gonna think lowly of it lol

Low key confuses me when people say oh this doesn’t sound like old abel lol of course it doesn’t fam was couch surfing, broke, and scouring the streets for drugs and *****es

Mans is rich with everything at his fingertips now

The sound gonna be different

And where’s BBTM and Starboy? BBTM was alright to me and I didn’t enjoy Starboy at all. Loved After Hours and I share the same sentiment when it comes to kissland

They come after

We ever getting soul sample r&b from
Him again or is it going to be all 80’s Zara fitting room music?

Real talk we need that ovo-xo album 🤷🏽‍♂️

has anyone ever been in zara? i haven't.. so just curious if you guys cappin' or livin' that zara life.

Back
Top Bottom