The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
It's a done deal if she wants you to stay. Start off light and ease into the skid.

Warm up (initially getting over there, talking, etc):
The morning
Glass table girls
Loft music

Drinking time:
Let high for this transition into Wicked Games, and let Wicked games transition into The Hills. If I'm right, she should be ready to go by shot #2.

The fun part:
The party and the after party (more so for the second half), the second half of Professional, and Gone. All of Gone. Every last second of Gone.
This is solid right here 
nthat.gif

Yes, Outside is a must. 

High for this
Coming Down
Next
What you need
Outside
Birds part 2
Wicked games

Can't remember if that's the exact order and I have a few more on the playlist... But used to throw those on every single time... :pimp: :pimp:

Save the tomatoes but I've finally put the Trilogy on repeat and have been in a loop ever since.

Funny, BYB (a DC GOGO band) did a cover of Wicked Games which is :pimp: with the live instruments. Made be go back and give it another listen.

Looking forward to the new album. Really messing with The Hills right now too

It's a done deal if she wants you to stay. Start off light and ease into the skid.

Warm up (initially getting over there, talking, etc):
The morning
Glass table girls
Loft music

Drinking time:
Let high for this transition into Wicked Games, and let Wicked games transition into The Hills. If I'm right, she should be ready to go by shot #2.

The fun part:
The party and the after party (more so for the second half), the second half of Professional, and Gone. All of Gone. Every last second of Gone.
The real Weeknd of the crew 
pimp.gif

Another potential snippet...

“I used to walk around town when i was homeless, Me and Lamar..."

Last edited:
Yall ninjas not even gonna mention adding Love in The Sky to that playlist?!!!
Do we have to a have a replay of Bigquints video?

HIPS....BANG EM! HIPS....BANG EM!

...What about them dishes?....

Bruhs I still have the most vivid memory of a particular night with this girl.

I remember I was laying in her bed while she was on top of me and the sun was coming up and all i could think of was the bridge in often.

I still think of that **** whenever I hear that song, then I usually proceed to hit her up :smh:

Last edited:

REALLY good read of the story of "Trilogy".

I honestly recommend checking it out if you don't really know the background behind the tracks.

I knew most of what it said but it was cool to read it like one big story and it all makes sense when put together. 
happy.gif

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=318487.0
You just had to do this. I'm gon have to relisten to the trilogy with a fresh mind again. I'ma be analyzing this **** like it was TPAB
mean.gif

You just had to do this. I'm gon have to relisten to the trilogy with a fresh mind again. I'ma be analyzing this **** like it was TPAB
mean.gif
roll.gif

But honestly it's amazing to have this open in one tab, and rap genius in another, and really dissect what Abel is saying.

When you're done, you'll really be thinking Abel is a genius or somethin. 

At least I did. It is so brilliantly made man, I was left in awe after going from beginning to end. 

And make sure you play the mixtape versions, way better experience. 

Let me know what you think after you analyze it! Lol  wanna hear what y'all think. I really have  a new found appreciation for the mixtapes man. #NTXO

I didn't start reading it yet but does it cut off after same old song? (which is my jam btw, need the playing for make up one time i'm never seeing you again sex for real)

Whoever came up with that interpretation definitely has some interesting points, but idk I can look at this as one big story. Gon listen to the tapes tomorrow back to back to back while at work with this in mind.

Last edited:
Even the OP of that thread said the interpretation/write up was corny. I only read a few of them, but they were more summary than analysis. To me, the music isn't hard to understand or very complex. It's just great poetry and imagery.

I just thought it was a good read.

At this point in the "mixtape's lifetime" I just listen so blindly.

It's cool to sorta analyze what Abel is saying, whether it is a summary of the song or it really is a story. 

Back
Top Bottom