The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
A lot of you guys are sleeping on this tape

Its not as up beat as HOB buts thats the point this is soley about Thursday its supposed to be more dark and real

Lyrically and production wise this is wayyyyy higher quality stuff

A lot of dudes saying Lonely Star is the goods, but I can't understand what dude is saying, since his voice is drowned out by the production. Maybe it's just me
laugh.gif

Thursday the track, is probably my favorite
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Its not as up beat as HOB buts thats the point this is soley about Thursday its supposed to be more dark and real

While that could be true, the tracks on HOB were something else. For lack of a better term, his style was revolutionary to R&B. There were a couple tracks on HOB I wasn't really feeling while so far with Thursday, I like pretty much all of them. However, tracks like Loft Music, High For This, What You Need & The Morning have all hit over 100+ plays on iTunes for me (including 400+ for Loft Music, that's my shiiiit).

Downloaded this late last night. Gave a couple songs a listen, then went to sleep. Have you guys made a ruling on this, as far as HOB > Thurs? or vice versa?

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

While that could be true, the tracks on HOB were something else. For lack of a better term, his style was revolutionary to R&B. There were a couple tracks on HOB I wasn't really feeling while so far with Thursday, I like pretty much all of them. However, tracks like Loft Music, High For This, What You Need & The Morning have all hit over 100+ plays on iTunes for me (including 400+ for Loft Music, that's my shiiiit).
8/9 tracks from HoB are on my top 25 most played 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bighead2205

Does anyone else feel like the track Thursday is a diss aimed at Rebecca Black???

reaching-for-star-big.jpg

This dude is on a whole 'notha level of superstardom; he aint concerned with that chick...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still though, I'm of the opinion that he had no choice but to name this Mixtape thursday because Friday was already taken. Friday would work perfectly with the whole idea of "TheWeeknd".

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

my ONLY gripe is that I wish I could hear his lyrcis a little more..

Yeah the beats overshadow his voice at some points. Might not have been mixed properly
ohwell.gif

Yup.. this really mess up the mixtape.. in my eyes..

Lyrically?  
laugh.gif
 He's damn near in audible in every song but birds and rolling stone

when i first heard H.O.B. i was blown away at how amazing it was...i posted that in here somewhere.
So i don't see why i should let it breath to form certain opinions. also when i first heard The Party & The After Party i was just through...my face was stuck like this
sick.gif
(nothing on Thursday compares after 2 listens)
and the way High For This comes on >>> Lonely Star
Gone
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
just my opinion...don't shoot me down

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by hymen man

Standouts:

Lonely Star
Life of the Party
The Zone
Birds Part 1
Rolling Stone
Gone
so 70% of the tape is standouts
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Guess I should of just wrote tracks I like the most huh?  It was late, give me a break. 
ohwell.gif

Smh at this guy's music making me want to consume and/or put substances in my body

Can't stop listening though
ohwell.gif
any time of the day any mood
frown.gif

I listened to the whole album this morning as I walked along the beach, and I must say im impressed The Birds part 2 is my %*+* 
jud46w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom