The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
I wish I could hear what this mofo was tombout. I shoudn't have to read lyrics to know what's going on. It's aggrevating.

Not a knock on the dude, but if I didn't know who the Weeknd was, and you told me this was The Dream, I'd believe you.
laugh.gif

I think this tape is solid, but it does irk me how you can't hear him on like half the tracks.

I also don't think it helps that we heard The Birds Pt. 1 and Rolling Stone already. Good tracks, but I think the wow factor would be higher, if we didn't hear 'em.

At the end of the day, I don't think he'll ever release another HOB. That joint is borderline perfection, so we should temper our expectations with the next tape.

After giving it a couple spins through front to back, I'd give it a solid 8/10

HOB 11/10
laugh.gif

awwsome is right.  I wanted to him to hit some sick high notes but my mans was whisperin.

but then again, I didnt like HOB till like the 4rd time around so we'll see.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Yall dudes really feeling it like that?
This #!$@ is wack to me, only joints I mess with are Thursday & The Zone
You can barely hear my son's voice on most of the songs, not to mention, it's pretty overproduced.
I do respect that he didn't try to directly copy HOB but this #!$@ ain't it to me.
this....sorta....i don't think it's wack, it's just decent. a couple songs jam, but other than that it's not THAT good.
*plays The Party & The After Party*

Second listen, already like it more than the first.

Slim....nice %%#+%@! work man. I dig your version so much

Am i the only one that likes Birds1 better than Birds2?

Like on HOB i think i really had to listen to it a couple of times before i pass judgment. But peeps are right some tracks u can barely make out what he is saying....

Originally Posted by rrickrude

Am i the only one that likes Birds1 better than Birds2?

Like on HOB i think i really had to listen to it a couple of times before i pass judgment. But peeps are right some tracks u can barely make out what he is saying....
Nah, Birds Part 1 is 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. I think it's just because we've all heard it before.

Birds PT. 1 > 2 .. Not saying 2 isn't tho
pimp.gif

I CAN'T stop playin 'Gone'.. $#*# is serious 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.. DATSLOWSTROKEMUSIC

pimp.gif
 great mix tape. I can't stop listening to this mixtape. I can listen to the entire mixtape without skipping any songs.

I like his music both of the tapes are ok but sadly hes already fallen under the his first tape is so great he wont top it category im sure if thursday came out first yall would say otherwise but good music keep it comin

HOB was much better....no knock on Thursday because it's a solid effort....just the bar was raised so high w. the first mixtape.

Anyways, I feel w. Thursday, the production outshines the lyrics....by a wide margin.

*edit*

I feel like Lonely Star is the standout track...

Originally Posted by awwsome

Yall dudes really feeling it like that?
This #!$@ is wack to me, only joints I mess with are Thursday & The Zone
You can barely hear my son's voice on most of the songs, not to mention, it's pretty overproduced.
I do respect that he didn't try to directly copy HOB but this #!$@ ain't it to me.

someone already revealed the pattern man: if one person says its good then that usually dictates the rest of the responses in a thread unfortunately.
i don't know what people are listening to because this is not that good and people are treating this dude like some drug-fueled R&B God.

camping out for this nonsense lol.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Not a knock on the dude, but if I didn't know who the Weeknd was, and you told me this was The Dream, I'd believe you.
laugh.gif

I think this tape is solid, but it does irk me how you can't hear him on like half the tracks.

I also don't think it helps that we heard The Birds Pt. 1 and Rolling Stone already. Good tracks, but I think the wow factor would be higher, if we didn't hear 'em.

At the end of the day, I don't think he'll ever release another HOB. That joint is borderline perfection, so we should temper our expectations with the next tape.

After giving it a couple spins through front to back, I'd give it a solid 8/10

HOB 11/10
laugh.gif
I don't get the inaudible argument. I don't know about y'all but I can hear him fine lol.
But you're definitely on the money about the wow factor, thankfully I didn't like The Bird (Part 1) that much when I first heard...now, it's the second most played so far for the mixtape. :tongue:

This shows how spoiled the consumer has gotten. Dude drops an amazing well produced project for free and gets backlash from it. 3 years ago this wasn't even thought of until so far gone dropped, and then artists started dropping high quality material for free. Im not saying anyone shouldn't like it cause we all have have different preferences, but this is a free mixtape at the end of the day. And props to anyone who drops good material like this with no cost at all.

EDIT: I'm not saying you shouldn't have a negative opinion on it, but keep the idea that this is a mixtape and not a real album

Back
Top Bottom