The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Why do ppl get up in arms when comparing Weeknd to Sade? It's very clear imo. Obviously we aren't comparing careers or even talent but the way Weeknd uses his voice and the "haunting" quality of his songs is very reminiscent of Sade. Cue dealwithit.gif

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

keep tryin to put my friends onto this but they aint goin, ol non versatile one genre of music listenin %$+ !@%*+@ smh

this.

I tried putting a couple people on, but they "ain't never heard of him" so they all 
eyes.gif

but i shouldve known better they just hearing novacane for the first time 

Is this real??

If so, i will be pretty disappointed, with 2 tracks being on there that has been out since summer....

^ well its not too far off.....the Thursday mixtape had rolling stone and the birds which were released well before the tape.... just sayin *kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by SlimK4

^ well its not too far off.....the Thursday mixtape had rolling stone and the birds which were released well before the tape.... just sayin *kanye shrug*

The Weeknd didn't even want those "The Noise" era songs to be released though. He recorded those years ago, and people on KTT dug them up and put together that unofficial EP.He PERSONALLY released The Birds Pt. 1 and Rolling Stone as singles in the same fashion that he released that three track zip (What You Need, The Morning, and something else I can't remember) last December and Wicked Games as singles to build hype for his mixtapes.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

The Weeknd didn't even want those "The Noise" era songs to be released though. He recorded those years ago, and people on KTT dug them up and put together that unofficial EP.He PERSONALLY released The Birds Pt. 1 and Rolling Stone as singles in the same fashion that he released that three track zip (What You Need, The Morning, and something else I can't remember) last December and Wicked Games as singles to build hype for his mixtapes.
Oh thats whats up, I stand corrected....
As you can see, im a relatively new fan.....i didnt start really listening to him after the trust issues remix dropped 
laugh.gif

shame on me for sleeping that long...

Originally Posted by Slim

"heaven or las vegas" is the sleeper on here. best song on the tape. the reggae rhythm is sick.

my only criticism so far is sequencing. the ending of "lonely star" would be a perfect prelude to the title track, instead of "life of the party."

Exactly what i was thinking. Somebody dropped the ball. But Thursday girl says she loves the guitars at the end of lonely star and that what comes in from life of the party.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

keep tryin to put my friends onto this but they aint goin, ol non versatile one genre of music listenin %$+ !@%*+@ smh

Yep, all my boys listen to is trap rap for the most part. So when I throw on some Weeknd they get the 
eyes.gif
sick.gif
 faces, so I don't even try anymore. I just listen to it by myself or with a nice young lady now.

Is this real??

If so, i will be pretty disappointed, with 2 tracks being on there that has been out since summer....
I'm guessing that these pictures are made by a designer that does Weeknd's covers?

I found these on  a Tumbler
tumblr_lq7tu9vE971qfsu3bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lq7rt8tSpk1qzfg2so1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by cotter07

Is this real??

I'm guessing that these pictures are made by a designer that does Weeknd's covers?

I found these on  a Tumbler
tumblr_lq7tu9vE971qfsu3bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lq7rt8tSpk1qzfg2so1_500.jpg

Naw, the style is just relatively easy to emulate, so any one proficient with Photoshop / Gimp can make them. These are all unofficial. I think the dudes on KTT make the best ones.

Originally Posted by henz0

I CAN'T stop playin 'Gone'.. $#*# is serious 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.. DATSLOWSTROKEMUSIC
roll.gif

This dude's music has me wanting ({'}) 24-7-365.
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
pusha-t-featuring-50-cent-raid-produced-by-the-neptunes-1.png

After finally acquiring da mixtape and giving it a spin, I am definitely feeling this joint. I feel this is a bit more accessible than House of Balloons. The only song I'm not feeling much is Gone, other than that. Thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom