The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This album is nice! It's not the coked up, codeine sipping, bang your wife in the bathroom stall sex addicted Weeknd from House of Balloons that I want, but this is a solid album flat out. That Weeknd is gone and never coming back, but quality music is quality music and this man delivered!

Yeah, "Secrets" is the one. That breakdown at the end...

Just realized the album version of Attention and the leak version are different. OG better

alright, got a few album spins in between hitting the bar last night, smashing my best friends cousin, and today

as others have said, this is what BBTM shouldve been

I mess with it heavily, its not HOB, but thats  ok, this direction is encouraging, and this is an album that has it all... songs for any situation

on par with KL for me, which I also heavily **** with

best track for me is ordinary life

KL2 would be 
pimp.gif

also, secrets is smooth, good to dance to, and i like the inspiration from this track: 

dude stays sampling so many genres which always has been dope to me

Last edited:
I mess with this album
HOB is GOAT(trilology in general)
& I enjoy a good portion of BBTM despite popular opinion

what's other classic Abel that I absolutely need to here?

Slowly digesting the album, one thing I do think is worth mentioning especially for the og fans.

None of the mixtapes or KL grabbed people in their entirety the first few listens.

Go back and read pages 1-25 of this thread. People were coming back many months after HOB dropped, myself included, talking about they just understood _______ song for the first time and came to realize its greatness.

Of course Starboy isn't the same direction, sound, or maybe even quality as the stuff earlier in the catalog. But dudes deleting tracks after a handful of listens? Foolish, but I digress.

Last edited:
Slowly digesting the album, one thing I do think is worth mentioning especially for the og fans.

None of the mixtapes or KL grabbed people in their entirety the first few listens.

Go back and read pages 1-25 of this thread. People were coming back many months after HOB dropped, myself included, talking about they just understood _______ song for the first time and came to realize its greatness.

Of course Starboy isn't the same direction, sound, or maybe even quality as the stuff earlier in the catalog. But dudes deleting tracks after a handful of listens? Foolish, but I digress.
NT is full of hot takes and contrarians in general (just look at the sneaker section) :lol:
I was at KTT instead of this thread when the hype for The Weeknd was starting when Thursday and EOS dropped
Universal praise on that site even when people found out about HOB through mainstream music blogs and Drake of course

Everybody hear swears they loved KL on first listen

Everybody hear swears they loved KL on first listen
I gotta be honest
I'm still not a big fan of KL
I used to hate it
Now I'm ok with it :lol:

First time I heard Kiss Land I was sober. Second time I was high and the rest is history... Still his best album imo

Back
Top Bottom