The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
High For This playing on the radio [emoji]128546[/emoji]
Nothing will ever beat when I saw Abel at Sweet Life Festival, after waiting for him for forever to come out for his set, and all of a sudden I heard the instrumental to High For This which is what he opened to. 
sick.gif
nthat.gif

Was a moment bruh, great vibes. 

They don't let me down
But they lee-ee-eead me ooonnnn
They don't let me dow-ow-owwwnn
But they leeeaaad me oooonnnnnnnn
They leeaad me on

:smh: :pimp:

Feel a little way about one of the greatest vocal moments on this album not being from Abel :lol:

Last edited:
I know it's been said, but damn, I really wish Sidewalks wasn't autotuned

Still a dope song

anyone know the openers for the tour? i saw lil uzi vert as one of his openers in EU.. :nerd:

Pop is a term that gets misunderstood.

There is a genre of music known as Pop. However, POPULAR music is also referred to as "Pop". 
The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular (and can include any style).
For what it's worth, Earned it was classified as "Chamber Pop" 

I've just caught up on the thread and damn lol lot of discussion.

Starboy was solid, even though it's not what I truly want. 

What I want (and I think a lot of us do) is an album like his unreleased one that leaked in May, ones that still have a dark tone but definitely aren't the same as Trilogy (it's more trap and urban and ****). Like I get that the boy needs to get his $$$ but he should at least drop a mixtape or something out of the blue with just dark tracks for the OG fans. Kinda like Drake did for IYRTITL. 

ALSO FOR YOU OG FANS IDK HOW YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THE DELAY AND GET CHILLS. That song really hit me, more than any of the Starboy tracks ever will. Maybe it's the thought that we'll never get that sort of music back...

That old Weeknd died at the beginning of the Starboy video.

Maybe y'all will appreciate Tears in the Rain now.

That old Weeknd died at the beginning of the Starboy video.

Maybe y'all will appreciate Tears in the Rain now.
Always appreciated Titr

But that was the Weekend from the BBTM period that died because he killed his og self during the hills or Tell Your friends

ALSO FOR YOU OG FANS IDK HOW YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THE DELAY AND GET CHILLS. That song really hit me, more than any of the Starboy tracks ever will. Maybe it's the thought that we'll never get that sort of music back...
It has a dark tone but that doesn't automatically make it "fire".

That's the stigma with this thread that anything like dark is automatically OG fire. As someone who's listened to him since the beginning.... delay is trash...dark, coulda went somewhere, but trash

Last edited:
Dudes been living in LA/Cali...

His next album he's gonna be recording/living in NY

We'll be fine

We won't get that darkness until he goes back to Toronto in wintertime though

Last edited by a moderator:
1. If ROCKIN isn't the #1 song on the radio, in the club, everywhere soon, some people aren't doing their jobs. This is the type of song you crank in the car and dance in the club. It has such a great vibe and beat.

2. Reminder and Sidewalks are the 2 songs I skip immediately

3. Party Monster, False Alarm, Six Feet Under, True Colors, Lonely Night, Die For You, I feel It Coming - are all excellent

4. I feel like Lonely Night can be the next single

5. the interlude with Lana is great, I feel like they would have great chemistry on more songs together

Rockin is [emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji]

1. If ROCKIN isn't the #1 song on the radio, in the club, everywhere soon, some people aren't doing their jobs. This is the type of song you crank in the car and dance in the club. It has such a great vibe and beat.

2. Reminder and Sidewalks are the 2 songs I skip immediately

3. Party Monster, False Alarm, Six Feet Under, True Colors, Lonely Night, Die For You, I feel It Coming - are all excellent

4. I feel like Lonely Night can be the next single

5. the interlude with Lana is great, I feel like they would have great chemistry on more songs together
You must really really like pop like Halftime

Back
Top Bottom