The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
73FA0FC5-448E-4EEA-9FC2-5D5A0D06C4A3.jpeg

Aiming for NYC on July 8
NYC crowd was fantastic when he did Starboy tour in 2017

Wish he changed the stage up too like he did with Starboy

Just peeped the atl show is on a Thursday. That’s where I’ll be :lol:

May still try to hit Ldn though. I can imagine the energy over there would be insane for homie. :smokin

Damn Sabrina on tour with him, def in there, never seen either one live...2-for-1 :smokin

Good read. Some quotes:

“I try not to read too many reviews, especially if it’s negative, but I never made My Dear Melancholy with the intent on saying **** you to anybody. It was just how I felt at the time. The sonic environment felt fitting for how I wanted to tell that story. I feel like I have sonic ADD and I can’t just stick to one sound and I feel like it irritates a lot of listeners but it’s just how my mind works.”

“I’ve been following the Safdies for years,” he says, a committed cinephile whose current obsessions include Claire Denis’ carnal thriller Trouble Every Day (2001), Brian De Palma’s neo-noir slasher Dressed to Kill (1980), Eckhart Schmidt’s West German, ’80s horror flick Der Fan, and Martin Scorsese’s The Color of Money (1986).

“I spend most of my days alone now,” the Weeknd tells me. “I don’t like to leave my house too much. It’s a gift and a curse but it helps me give undivided attention to my work. I enjoy being a workaholic, I think, or I’m just addicted to it. Even when I’m not working I’m always somehow still working. It distracts from the loneliness, I guess."

Back
Top Bottom