The Zoom Kobe II Thread vol. LITES

hahaha yah I wonder how it would sell out in the US..if it didnt sell in asia where people are nuts about basketball and kobe..aside from the south west/westcoast do you really want to give the kobe haters more ammo to hate on the shoe.

Kobehead seriously man get your pair and be done with it because u need to get over this whole nike is screwing over kobe deal.Maybe lebron is getting more pubthan kobe and yah maybe kobe is a better player and deserves more but lebron doesnt have a "perceived" image problem with everyone else except forpeople in the city he plays at.People either hate or love kobe and when you have someone as polarizing as that,its hard to put money behind the guy becausetheres no in-between..youre not going to get someone who hates kobe to buy a kobe shoe...you may have the percentage that doesnt care one way or another andyou may sway them but if the break is 40% love and 40% hate and 20% dont care thats it..you may or may not get all of that 20% and youre not gonna sway the 40%so youre stuck with what you have with very little room to grow.

You also need to realize that kobe isnt the only one getting big pub in asia.In case you forgot the olympics are in china next year..where did the playersspend a majority of their time??china/asia promoting for nike or adidas..Theres more money right now to be made in asia where a global event is about to happennext year.I dont work for nike and I dont have insider info about marketing practices but If you were to look at things from simple supply demandperspective..the olympics are in the highest populated country in the world..and basketball is one of the most popular sports in all of asia..without lookingat numbers..I would almost be willing to bet kobe shoe sales in just the colors released in both japan and the US..that japan killed the us in terms of overallsales.Where do you think nike is going to spend marketing money???in asia where basketball and kobe is wildly popular or in the US where a majority of hisfanbase is in the southwest...

so we can rant and rave about a shoe that will most likely not ever be released domestically simple fact is nike isnt in the position it's in withoutthinking about where a product will be most effective.I wish I could rant and rave about how I gotta pay $150 for a pair of zoom brave 2's..oh i jusdid..hahaahah

If Nike doesn't want to fully release them in the US, they should atleast put them online somewhere to give those of us who want them a solid chance.

If Nike did release these, it would be $150. I know nobody here would buy these for that price.

just came in today from my hookup in taiwan

aug233yb5.jpg

aug232yt5.jpg

What is the hookup for the lites if i may ask ? and do they run a little large on you?

they fit big.... i normally wear size 11 in all nikes ... these are big.. a 10.5 would of been perfect.
love the shoes.. very high tho.. i paid $120 shipped ....

can anyone post a full review about the performance of the lites? I might snag a pair once I get out of the Marshalls

all the lites on they bay in tawain are legit, but they want $175 shipped, luckily I was able to find a guy in the US, they should be here tomorrow

I'm still looking for a pair of these in 11.5. Someone hit me up if they can make it happen.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Originally Posted by never wear them

sarteaga0408 wrote:

Kobe outsells both Lebron and Jordan in Asia. This is why Nike markets the hell out of him over there.
i always thought about it but did not know that it was true.

Kobe's rarely make it to outlets in Asia. Barely now are they getting some MPLS and some Sharkfins to the outlets in Asia, yes of the AZK1. Even the 2k4 lasers that released years ago were hitting outlets in extremely limited quantities about 2 years after their release. This was only the case with the black/gold, I don't think the black/purple ever made it to outlet shelves.

I am not sure where you got that info on Kobe Outselling Bron and Jordan, but do you mean lately? Or do you mean since the inception of Kobe signatureshoes by Nike?

If you mean the Sell Thru is Higher, you'd be right. If you mean in sheer Volume, you would be wrong.

But yes, Nike does Market Lebron and Kobe equally, however, they Market Kobe due to the High Sales of Lebrons Initial Campaign in China. Nike will MarketRasheed there, if they thought it would sell shoes.

They run a little big about half a size, very lite lost of room in toe box, you can feel the liteness while playing same grip as all the kobe 11 I would say Ilike this shoe best in the kobe11 series. If they ever come to the outlets I will purchase two of them. Got mine from japan site. Speaking of neck breakerthis is the shoe. I hope this helps thanks Merry Christmas.

I need a pair of these in 11.5, maybe even 11...what japan site are you referring to jonj99??

Originally Posted by SlimSolejer

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Originally Posted by never wear them

sarteaga0408 wrote:

Kobe outsells both Lebron and Jordan in Asia. This is why Nike markets the hell out of him over there.
i always thought about it but did not know that it was true.

Kobe's rarely make it to outlets in Asia. Barely now are they getting some MPLS and some Sharkfins to the outlets in Asia, yes of the AZK1. Even the 2k4 lasers that released years ago were hitting outlets in extremely limited quantities about 2 years after their release. This was only the case with the black/gold, I don't think the black/purple ever made it to outlet shelves.

I am not sure where you got that info on Kobe Outselling Bron and Jordan, but do you mean lately? Or do you mean since the inception of Kobe signature shoes by Nike?

If you mean the Sell Thru is Higher, you'd be right. If you mean in sheer Volume, you would be wrong.

But yes, Nike does Market Lebron and Kobe equally, however, they Market Kobe due to the High Sales of Lebrons Initial Campaign in China. Nike will Market Rasheed there, if they thought it would sell shoes.

sell thru...i know production is smaller for Kobe's line than bron's and jordan's.

Go to ebay type in kobe lite it will show you two legit sites 4kicks store and idshoes they have both the wht and the black you many have to e-mail for yoursize good luck

im here in the philippines right now...saw a lot of Kobe lite. i really like it but for $165 should i pickup 1? or just wait for the US release? are they evencoming to US?

Waiting for my black/gold pair. I would love a black/white pair of these. Purple is a tough sell for me. It has turned me off to quite a few different Kobes.

Back
Top Bottom