THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really gotta take a step back and see how silly you look :lol:. Yall beat us like 50 straight times and the all time record is still 148-74. Majority of those wins came when the Lakers were tanking and playing guys like Marcelo huertas and Rob Sacre. That was during the greatest stretch in clipper history and yall still never made it past the 2nd round.

The franchise has been a joke since it's inception so I get that you have to hang your hat on something but it's just funny to puff your chest out over regular season wins given the #context. If yall beat us in the playoffs or at least make it to the finals I would honestly give props and say they have turned a corner and are a legit franchise now. But until that happens yall are the ones making yourselves seem like lil bro by bragging about a handful of regular season wins
tenor.gif

none of what you said has to do with right now. and right now, the lakers cant get a W vs. LAC.

and as stated before, had the lakers been 2-0 vs. the clippers, you and others would be bragging about that feather in your cap. but since you're 0-2? "oh it means nothing, congrats on being the city champs, oh we got banners, yall aint never been past the second round", excuses, excuses excuses.

and i wouldnt even bring it up if yall didnt have a full on stiffy comparing the lakers to the clippers every single chance you get.

just enjoy your W folk! LOL

You really gotta take a step back and see how silly you look :lol:. Yall beat us like 50 straight times and the all time record is still 148-74. Majority of those wins came when the Lakers were tanking and playing guys like Marcelo huertas and Rob Sacre. That was during the greatest stretch in clipper history and yall still never made it past the 2nd round.

The franchise has been a joke since it's inception so I get that you have to hang your hat on something but it's just funny to puff your chest out over regular season wins given the #context. If yall beat us in the playoffs or at least make it to the finals I would honestly give props and say they have turned a corner and are a legit franchise now. But until that happens yall are the ones making yourselves seem like lil bro by bragging about a handful of regular season wins

1578293192618.gif

Have the Clipper got past the 2nd round of the playoffs in franchise history?

Lollll the typical Laker responses. Let’s bring up a bunch of rings and games that were won by players that are retired now and have absolutely nothing to do with the actual teams at hand.

We’ll see what happens when/if the two teams matchup in the playoffs but it’s seemed like the Lakers are solely relying on their two best players to win them these games and play heavy minutes in the regular season to ensure they have the #1 seed....and none of these wins they’re racking up are going to matter if they continue not being able to beat this Clipper team. Their reward for getting the #1 seed over them is they get “homecourt advantage” against the Clippers in the same damn arena they play in :lol:

Gotta love ALA in here :lol:

Lakers still un defeated against the bad 500 or sub 500 teams this season and people saying "Oh their predictable and are lucky"

Clippers got a bad record against these teams and lost by 30 yesterday and yet people think we they are still the better LA team :lol:

Bottom line is great teams find ways to win against these bottom feeder teams. If it's ugly, close, or whatever. So be it.

Dubs did the same thing on their championship runs. 3 peat Lakers with Kobe & Shaq did the same thing also.

But if clippers keep beating Lakers, who cares what the record is against teams not the Lakers? Clips lead 2-0 and kawhi averaging 34 in the series so far.

If we're going by regular season records, the Clippers might not even get to meet the Lakers because the Clippers are 1-2 against Utah and Houston. Two teams they might have to face already in the 1st round due to their idiotic "load managment" strategy.
So instead of playing a team they might beat in 4 or 5 games in the 1st round, they might have to play a team where they might need 6 or 7 games to beat or even lose to, and need Kawhi to play extra games anyway. :lol: Except not regular season games, but playoff games.

Only in here would another Lakers win somehow end up with them being critiqued for not blowing them out :lol: :lol: .

The Lakers are "trying to hard" for regular season wins as if the objective is not too win games.... Bron/AD are both playing 35 minutes per game & people acting as if they get no rest. I don't know how many times i have to reiterate this but players "load managing" a quarter of the season isn't a normal thing. And having your two best players playing 35mpg isn't some kind of excessive feat :lol:

It's more along the lines than outside of it, Historically players didn't load manage unless they literally had an light injury or were exhausted. Most of that would come towards the end of the season, And if we keep going at this rate i don't see why that still wouldn't be an option.

Also i must say it's very interesting to me all the concerns about Lebrons minutes, yet there's a guy across the hall with a degenerative knee condition & somehow the same worry of wear & tear isn't as prevalent when discussing him.

If we're going by regular season records, the Clippers might not even get to meet the Lakers because the Clippers are 1-2 against Utah and Houston. Two teams they might have to face already in the 1st round due to their idiotic "load managment" strategy.
So instead of playing a team they might beat in 4 or 5 games in the 1st round, they might have to play a team where they might need 6 or 7 games to beat or even lose to, and need Kawhi to play extra games anyway. :lol: Except not regular season games, but playoff games.

I truly don’t care if the Clippers drop a game here and there against teams they should beat in the regular season. Their best player is focused on being 100% for the playoffs, not for getting the most regular season wins. Kawhi knows when it’s time to show up. That’s why he’s **** on your Lakers in both matchups.

I already looked it up last night and was going to make a post about it but.... LeBron is +306 on the season, second in the league. AD is +196 which is fine but..... The Lakers look terrible whenever LeBron sits.

The offense stagnates, Rondo can't make simple reads anymore and continues to dribble the air out of the ball, playing through AD looks the same way it's always looked; kind of meh in the spectrum of the truly elite, LeBron is truly the Lynch pin of this team.

I truly don’t care if the Clippers drop a game here and there against teams they should beat in the regular season. Their best player is focused on being 100% for the playoffs, not for getting the most regular season wins. Kawhi knows when it’s time to show up. That’s why he’s **** on your Lakers in both matchups.

LOL

It's:

"Doesn't care about regular season if he gets stomped on by the Grizzlies"

while at the same time:

"Brags about two regular season wins if he beats the Lakers"

Nope, zero contradictions here.

Replace Clippers with Sixers and Kawhi with Embiid lol

:nerd: :smh:

I already looked it up last night and was going to make a post about it but.... LeBron is +306 on the season, second in the league. AD is +196 which is fine but..... The Lakers look terrible whenever LeBron sits.

The offense stagnates, Rondo can't make simple reads anymore and continues to dribble the air out of the ball, playing through AD looks the same way it's always looked; kind of meh in the spectrum of the truly elite, LeBron is truly the Lynch pin of this team.

I truly believe that no "AD is the real MVP of the Lakers" troll sincerely believes that to be the case. If they lose AD, the Lakers are hurt really, really bad, but between McGee and Dwight they still have some decent rim protection. If they lose LeBron they have no one, and I mean NO ONE who can run an offense. Rondo is atrocious while trying to do so over 20 minutes against bench players. Imagine how atrocious he would be if he had to do so over 30 minutes against the opponents starters. Of the Lakers 7 losses so far, their worst one by far is in the one game LeBron missed. Coincidence?

With that said, the difference between LeBron's value and AD's value to the Lakers is nowhere near as big as the difference between AD/their second most valuable player and whoever you consider to be their third valuable player. They really need to make a move and get a legit third wheel. The difference between their second leading scorer and their third leading scorer is the biggest of any team in the league. I am beyond done with that bum tweener Kuzma and sick of wondering which one of him will show up. 4 points on 2-8 shooting yesterday. 0 points on 0-7 shooting against the Mavericks. :sick: If he stays and the Lakers don't win a chip this year, not trading his bum *** will forever be discussed as the reason why they missed out on a championship.

Last edited:
LOL

It's:

"Doesn't care about regular season if he gets stomped on by the Grizzlies"

while at the same time:

"Brags about two regular season wins if he beats the Lakers"

Nope, zero contradictions here.

What are you not understanding here...........

Kawhi does not give one single **** about the Grizzlies, Magic, Suns, Hawks, Bulls, Pistons, Hornets, Wizards, etc and for the most part he’ll just let the rest of his team take care of those games.

When it’s time for him to play against a team he can possibly play in the conference finals though? He shows up and he’ll do the same exact thing if they meet in the playoffs. Dude is a cyborg.

What are you not understanding here...........

Kawhi does not give one single **** about the Grizzlies, Magic, Suns, Hawks, Bulls, Pistons, Hornets, Wizards, etc and for the most part he’ll just let the rest of his team take care of those games.

When it’s time for him to play against a team he can possibly play in the conference finals though? He shows up and he’ll do the same exact thing if they meet in the playoffs. Dude is a cyborg.

Then why is he 1-2 against the Jazz and the Rockets? Curb-stomped by the Bucks?

Lollll the typical Laker responses. Let’s bring up a bunch of rings and games that were won by players that are retired now and have absolutely nothing to do with the actual teams at hand.

We’ll see what happens when/if the two teams matchup in the playoffs but it’s seemed like the Lakers are solely relying on their two best players to win them these games and play heavy minutes in the regular season to ensure they have the #1 seed....and none of these wins they’re racking up are going to matter if they continue not being able to beat this Clipper team. Their reward for getting the #1 seed over them is they get “homecourt advantage” against the Clippers in the same damn arena they play in :lol:
The guy said long time, I don't know how many times he said long. Obviously he wasn't just talking about this season. If they win the season series and get stomped out in the playoffs what does it matter? I remember Orlando swept the season series against the Lakers. And then they met in the Finals. Plenty of LeBron teams have lost the season series against teams they beat in the playoffs. Do it when it matters is all I'm saying. If the clippers had 16 rings to the Lakers 0 you think they wouldn't mention it? Lmaooo

Last edited:
The guy said long time, I don't know how many times he said long. Obviously he wasn't just talking about this season. If they win the season series and get stomped out in the playoffs what does it matter? I remember Orlando swept the season series against the Lakers. And then they met in the Finals. Plenty of LeBron teams have lost the season series against teams they beat in the playoffs. Do it when it matters is all I'm saying

Kawhi ain’t Demar Derozan and this ain’t the 2017 Raptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom