THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s honestly ridiculous. He’s had five games scoring 6 or less points in the last two weeks and nobody says a word. But then he pops up with a good game and everybody immediately wants to ask if we made a mistake again. He’s a point guard shooting 26% from three...he is not the type of player we’re missing.

We talking about PGs that can’t shoot 3s and score single digits?

🤔

Ya'll roasted Fultz for years and now are saying Philly done goofed by not keeping hiim

I think the one common theme here is that ya'll just love to hate on the Sixers and are using any narrative to support that.

Fact of the matter is, no way Fultz would be playing like this in Philly. We're in win now mode and he's in Orlando under the radar where he's getting his confidence back. How are people not seeing this?

It looks like the Tobias trade happened first, so they didn't need to move Fultz first in order to bring him in. And the Sixers had Tobias' bird rights, so they could go over the cap to re-sign him in the summer like they did.

I dunno. Just seemed like something else could've been done.
Right but we couldn’t bring in anyone else. Simmons expiring was beneficial albeit him being useless

It looks like the Tobias trade happened first, so they didn't need to move Fultz first in order to bring him in. And the Sixers had Tobias' bird rights, so they could go over the cap to re-sign him in the summer like they did.

I dunno. Just seemed like something else could've been done.
Hindsight is 20/20

I'd say there's also a solid group of posters in here that have always been behind Markelle and thinking he could be something.

He couldn't be the starting PG of this team right now?

Fultz
Richardson
Harris
Simmons
Horford
Of course he could. But do you think that he would have this confidence in Philly at this moment in time? No chance. If dude didn't have a shred of confidence in the years we spent waiting on him, no way he was going to develop that when the stakes are even higher this year.

And for the record, I was a Fultz supporter till the very end. Even called out cats for roasting him for his clear mental health issues. Cats gotta realize that these players are people first and foremost. Had to feel sorry for the dude towards the end of his time here.

Also for the record, I was always iffy about the Al Horford deal. Sure, I could have convinced myself that signing the only dude in the league who could guard Embiid was a smart move so he could help him develop. But I always wanted D'Lo over Big Al. Especially for the money.

Lol u really tryna justify that foolery. Just admit they goofed on that one ain't a big deal

Fultz played 19 games with the sixers in 2018-19. avg 8 points in 22mins, sat from game 20 to 54

we traded him after game 54.. He sat out rest of the season with the Magic for obvious reasons

at the time in the 18-19 season he was useless for us he was NEVER going to grow in philly with the way everything was going.. Every knows this from just watching the team and games

if he was doing bad media would destroy him **** even some low life fans.. now look at him over in orlando playing care free and enjoying life with no pressure on his shoulder only time he gets talked about is when he does good, the bad games for get about it who even cares with the magic

now with the magic in the last 2 months hes at almost 28mins per game as starting PG

sometimes you just gotta move on with things in life

Of course he could. But do you think that he would have this confidence in Philly at this moment in time? No chance. If dude didn't have a shred of confidence in the years we spent waiting on him, no way he was going to develop that when the stakes are even higher this year.

And for the record, I was a Fultz supporter till the very end. Even called out cats for roasting him for his clear mental health issues. Cats gotta realize that these players are people first and foremost. Had to feel sorry for the dude towards the end of his time here.

Also for the record, I was always iffy about the Al Horford deal. Sure, I could have convinced myself that signing the only dude in the league who could guard Embiid was a smart move so he could help him develop. But I always wanted D'Lo over Big Al. Especially for the money.
I hear you.

I just feel like the team could've remained competitive while also seeing what he could become instead of selling him at his lowest value. Even when he actually played games for Philly, he showed that he could do useful things on the court. Just don't think it was worth giving up on potential upside to basically make lateral moves.

I hear you.

I just feel like the team could've remained competitive while also seeing seeing what he could become instead of selling him at his lowest value. Even when he actually played games for Philly, he showed that he could do useful things on the court. Just don't think it was worth giving up on potential upside to basically make lateral moves.
I'll agree with that. When I saw what we got back, I was shocked considering he was the #1 overall pick a few years prior. The thinking at the time was that we needed a bench and Fultz was a distraction.

Should be a red flag when you’re bidding against the Kings.

The only good signings they’ve had out of all the junk they did the past few years is probably Richuan and Cojo .

Imagine being the coach and trying to repair the locker room after that. I feel for Kenny Atkinson.

KD midas whale say that he can’t win with those cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom