THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why he's a part time activist. Sometimes activism, sometimes business man IMO. Sure he's done a lot in the community. But it's safe stuff like building a school. Or tweeting the president is a bum. Even the helping with voters, from what I read is supposed to take place mostly through social media.

Not even saying he could or should do more. But I'm saying, he does the safe activism. Avoiding saying stuff where you may turn off some fans to speak on a greater issue. None has been controversial. See his scolding of Daryl Morey to keep the Chinese money rolling in.

Again, not saying he could or should. I don't think it's fair that the responsibility falls on him. But when you speak on things, you take the baton. When you speak on some things and not others, it's noticeable.

i have been thinking about the exact same thing except without the LBJ lens. I feel like HELLA people do this.

Mane the GM’s/owners really were making terrible deals/decisions...Don’t ever wanna hear em cry bout how much the players making, when they agreeing to and offering the deals :lol:

My guy Festus Ezili got like 8 mil a year to be a backup center that summer :sick:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S8GRb0MHxo0/VOKrn_WA5cI/AAAAAAAAar8/wn0YaD9qOxs/s1600/palestine.jpg

remember when dwight got heat for this?

Simmons has tried to bring back the atrocious GM Summit for years, but he knows it will kill his access. It's really too bad.

BTW, his original Atrocious GM Summit column is still required reading for any NBA fan. It's from 2006. It still applies today.

BTW, his original Atrocious GM Summit column is still required reading for any NBA fan. It's from 2006. It still applies today.

When Otis Thorpe became desperate and unhinged after the Magic lost in the finals to LA, he was the epitome of atrocious GM’ing ...One or my fav moves was when yo traded for Gilbert Aremas then used the amnesty on him right after that :lol: ...Then Orlando replaced Thorpe with the Henigan/Vogel combo for decision making :sick:

Florida had 2k more cases today. 2nd day in a row.

Over 10k cases just this past week. And Disney isn't open yet. Sea world isn't open. Water parks aren't open.

How are we going to talk about the 2016 offseason without these two fellas?
1592199045286.jpeg

Lakers really gave Deng 4/$72MM and Mozgod 4/$64MM in 2016.....and are/were the favorites to win in 2020. That’s a helluva turnaround :lol:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Bron joining The Show is absolutely the driver of those favorite odds. I just think it’s funny because during the dark times of Lakers History last decade the running joke was about how they were going to sign all these free agents but struck out only to end up with Mozgov, Deng and a bunch of #2 picks to show for it. They finally ended up getting a star FA, handled the horrible contracts, ended up flipping their picks for AD and are back in the drivers seat. Just goes to show it’s different for some franchises/markets.

How are we going to talk about the 2016 offseason without these two fellas?
1592199045286.jpeg

Lakers really gave Deng 4/$72MM and Mozgod 4/$64MM in 2016.....and are/were the favorites to win in 2020. That’s a helluva turnaround :lol:
I remember that these moves were so bad most Laker fans on here ain’t eem try to spin it like they usually do, they knew it wouldn’t end well :lol:

Bron was def the catalyst.

And AD. Majorly AD.

If we had kept our roster from last season, would've still been meh this season.

But Bron + AD stronger than we ever could've imagined. And fit together perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom