THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember in school when you'd be half asleep at 8 AM pledging allegiance to the flag? It was basically muscle memory after a while.

Some cult ****.
When I was in the 3rd grade my mother sent me to a private school in the bronx. Every morning, they'd have all us kids line up in the basement of the school, pledge allegiance to the flag, then sing the national anthem, my country tis of thee and america the beautiful.

At the time I was just an annoyed kid but as an adult I've realized just how creepy that is.
The optics would've been far worse if we were singing in arabic. Fox News would never shut up.

I definitely remember that and have be thinking about it recently....anyone with children or nephews/nieces, do y’all know if kids are kneeling in the classroom? DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican also might be able to answer.

My son is 14 now and, as best I can recall, has never been required to recite the Pledge of Allegiance at any school he’s attended

When I was in the 3rd grade my mother sent me to a private school in the bronx. Every morning, they'd have all us kids line up in the basement of the school, pledge allegiance to the flag, then sing the national anthem, my country tis of thee and america the beautiful.

Wow. That's OD to say they least.

At my elementary school once a week the school nurse would bring around a tray of fluoride and make us swish for a minute. Looking back, sh*t was beyond weird. The hell is mouth wash 1x per week gonna do? :lol:

At my elementary school once a week the school nurse would bring around a tray of fluoride and make us swish for a minute. Looking back, sh*t was beyond weird. The hell is mouth wash 1x per week gonna do? :lol:

that mouth wash had tracking chips in it :nerd:

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F782dad788e4144aea49e4a4a352b4c95%2F0x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D0%26cropX2%3D4857%26cropY1%3D0%26cropY2%3D2733

Using plus minus as the stat as proof of that is oh so hilarious.

The hypocrisy is outstanding

White couple that ran the school wanted to make sure our little black asses loved America. Thankfully they told my mother I wasn't a good fit (always in trouble) and she sent me to public school after the school year was done where we never had to recite anything :pimp:

In HS though we did have to recite the national anthem at school gatherings. I remember one time I decided I wouldn't and stayed seated, no doubt inspiring Kaepernick's own protest years later, only for a white teacher to get upset and threaten me. I regret giving in but I was a kid. Now I don't respect it at all.

Remember in school when you'd be half asleep at 8 AM pledging allegiance to the flag? It was basically muscle memory after a while.

Some cult ****.
I definitely remember that and have be thinking about it recently....anyone with children or nephews/nieces, do y’all know if kids are kneeling in the classroom? DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican also might be able to answer.
My son is 14 now and, as best I can recall, has never been required to recite the Pledge of Allegiance at any school he’s attended

im a public school teacher here in Houston and we still do the pledge at all levels. Only have had one kid, who’s mother wrote a note and had our admin approve, sitting or kneeling during the pledge.

Lol SKA is the troll god b. He mastered typing a bunch of words but still saying nothing.

This! Well, he's not elite by any stretch but a troll for sure.

The best was in the Ahmaud Arbery thread where he got exposed for being tone deaf and dog whistling, denied it, then tried to apologize while simultaneously patting himself on the back for realizing what everybody had called him out for.

A true piece of work...

I work at a Middle School and have been there since 2010. I haven't seen a Pledge since being there.

When growing up, we did it during Elementary School but I can't remember doing it after that.

Silver already hedgin his bet

prob what 50 - 50 right now Orlando happns, and them odds fallin fast
They def gon spark back up at this point...Its just gon end up being annoying and pointless when they shut down again once one of the big guns gotta take that 2 week timeout in the middle of a series

Some cult ****.
Gotta plant the "Patriotism" bug early and often...So that when those same kids grow up they can accept any bs being fed to em long as its "for the country" or "America 1st"

But just like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I cant remember saying the pledge on the regular since 5th grade, maybe it is a regional thing...They damn sure played the anthem before even JV or freshman ball games tho :lol:

im a public school teacher here in Houston and we still do the pledge at all levels. Only have had one kid, who’s mother wrote a note and had our admin approve, sitting or kneeling during the pledge.
Would they get in trouble for not participation without a note or is that a teachers discretion type of thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom