THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven of the eight non-playoff teams participated in a call Thursday with league officials, with the New York Knicks as the lone team without a representative on the call, sources told ESPN.

Pistons coach Dwane Casey said he took an informal poll among the coaches who are not in Orlando, and he claims the majority of them prefer holding their own mini-camps.

"We'd rather do that than go to the bubble," Casey said, "because unlike those teams in Orlando, we wouldn't be playing for the same reason.

"The reason we want these mini-camps is to get our team together, to have that camaraderie, to improve and enjoy some competition. We feel we can do that safely in our own environment. We can't let these guys sit around from March 11 to December without something. It's going to hurt their careers. It's too long of a layoff."

The Warriors, who have notable veterans with championship pedigree, among them Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green, have agreed to participate if the bubble concept comes to pass, said general manager Bob Myers, although he did not specify who would be on the roster.

While it's highly unlikely Curry or Thompson would play in Chicago, there are a number of young players -- such as Hawks star Trae Young and Cavaliers star Collin Sexton -- who would welcome the opportunity.

The idea to provide the eight non-playoff teams with options to play arose out of concern that the long layoff would adversely impact young players whose ongoing development is critical to their franchises. Most teams did favor a mini-camp within their own market and then a week or two of games against other NBA clubs.

Last edited:

E20F55EA-C73C-49E3-8C84-7C34FB6B6E00.gif

2262DDC1-03AF-41E8-939A-A313003B83E3.jpeg

HIM HIM B Sox B Sox antidope antidope akajae akajae

it's a white claw shortage in my area so picked up these for the weekend

forced to drink these bull**** truly :smh:

Kona Island Brewery dropped their seltzers and those have been my favorite out what I've tried so far.
Seltzers have prob saved me from gaining a good amount of weight this lockdown :lol:
Still gotta grab some nice beer to have one or 2 of though.

Kona Island Brewery dropped their seltzers and those have been my favorite out what I've tried so far.
Seltzers have prob saved me from gaining a good amount of weight this lockdown :lol:
Still gotta grab some nice beer to have one or 2 of though.

I like Kona's beers. The flavors on their seltzers didn't interest me so I passed.

How will the players really be in a bubble if they go to and from the hotel to the ESPN wide world of sports every day??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom