THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devin Booker "not being good at basketball" was one of the most nerdiest ,cringiest, takes in the basketball blogsphere.

That was the tipping point.
Wait folks were actually saying he's not good at basketball? Who??

Eric Paschall is gonna be a problem in the future

the next 75 games for the warriors is basically a season-long tryout. He’s definitely making the roster

Dawg Bill Simmons was killing him for not playing in the WC this summer and was questioning how good he was all summer. And he wasn't alone.

Him being a looter in a riot has been a pretty steady take for awhile now.

There was a whole contingent of #Winz guys saying that he wasn't good.

Imagine how good Booker would be if he played for Team USA in FIBA like Simmons said he should've.

Dawg Bill Simmons was killing him for not playing in the WC this summer and was questioning how good he was all summer. And he wasn't alone.

Bill Simmons is good at certain things, and has a lot of knowledge, but his hot takes about things currently happening in basketball and football usually ain't it.

U tried it. Relax

Devin Booker is MUCH better at basketball than Brandon Ingram. I know the 7 game sample size has given you a chub, but D Book CAME into this season averaging 26/6/6 w/a 57TS% over the past two seasons while playing with g leaguers.

Nobody was comparing Book and BI's games. You pretty much wrote BI off after 2 seasons.

The latter is still my stance, I’ll admit defeat if the Suns still relevant come February

Eric Paschall is gonna be a problem in the future

the next 75 games for the warriors is basically a season-long tryout. He’s definitely making the roster

they got two good ones in paschall and bowman. i already like bowman's game way more than cook's

i want to see paschall get better at rebounding and staying in front of his man as the season plays out

Bill Simmons is good at certain things, and has a lot of knowledge, but his hot takes about things currently happening in basketball and football usually ain't it.

For now, Booker presents a potential case of a “good stats, bad team guy,” a kind of tag that has been applied to the likes of Nick Young and the Sacramento version of DeMarcus Cousins.

From SI. NICK FRIGGIN YOUNG :lol: and this was just LAST SEASON

As much as we detest Skip, he has a loud voice. Just last season he was saying this

From SI. NICK FRIGGIN YOUNG :lol: and this was just LAST SEASON

As much as we detest Skip, he has a loud voice. Just last season he was saying this

Yeah I'm not taking anything Skip Bayless says seriously :lol:

I thought you were more so talking about the Zach Lowe types of the world.

That SI guy is a moron.

1572930504458.png

Nobody was comparing Book and BI's games. You pretty much wrote BI off after 2 seasons.

This is wrong. If you're going to say I "wrote" BI off then you have to mention that I came around on him to a degree. Don't do that. He's a bucket getter who doesn't shoot 3's, and needs an entire ecosystem to be the best version of himself. That doesn't mean that I think he's bad, I just have real reservations about how he'd fit in on a team that was a winner.

Regardless, he was literally one of the worst rookies OF ALL TIME AND I relented on my BI stance a long time ago.

Nope. You can look up my stance on him last season it changed .

I have serious reservations about his ability as a player on a winner though. His only real offense is terrible pull ups and hard right takes to the rim which is fine, but he doesn’t project to be a top tier #1 or #2 to me unless he makes some drastic changes to who he is as a player. Like you can’t run anything through him at all. Kind of a ball stopper when he’s going.

We kill bron for stat padding but BI has never in his career produced in a winning setting. It’s only come in tanking and bad team scenarios and he hasn’t been overwhelming great in those scenarios.

But he’s actually talented on the offensive end. Has tools. Length size and is still putting on weight.

Jan 2018

Opponents are trash during this streak, but BI showing signs as a playmaker.

Nov 2017

BI looking like he'll be a 8+ FT attempt guy in the future. Dude is relentless going downhill.

Also, this isn't a rookie but BI has looked really good the last 6 games or so. Coming into his own a bit. Using those long strides to his advantage.

Dec 2017

Still not there with BI.

He's definitely improved, but he has extreme tunnel vision and is basically a hard right drive to the rim for a contested layup most times. Either that or a long two.

He still has a ways to go as a shooter and a playmaker. Showing signs though.

The biggest criticism of Book was he was putting up 'empty stats' and me being a day 1 fan he obviously had/ has a complete offensive package but it didn't translate into winning basketball. Hopefully it does going forward.

They weren't even being competitive though. The roster around him right now isn't 'great' now either. Credit to Monty Williams too for seemingly changing the culture.

c'mon blazers get it together daddy needs this parlay to come through

glenn robinson III is certified doodoo...how are you the 2nd oldest player on the team to hit court, get close to 30 minutes of PT and manage only 5 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom