THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not 10 guys playing better basketball today than Luka Doncic. And he's 20.

We really gonna look around and try to say people are overreacting because he's white?

His body is breaking down 10 games into the season. Zo is just injury prone. He hasn't finished an NBA season and he's almost missed half of his games. Nobody is building around an injury prone PG who can't shoot or finish at the basket. Glad the Lakers got rid of him.

Zo has been injury prone thus far, we have seen plenty of young guys come in and be banged up and improve health wise as they have went along

As far as can't shoot... he's knocking down 37% of his threes thus far on 6 attempts per game, & he's finishing 70% of his shots 5ft & under, 67% in the 5-9 range...

So he's slowly improving on his offense, He's not gonna be THE GUY you build around but he will be a major part of a teams core if he gets himself healthy.

Davis, Lebby, Leonard, Greek, harden

Dame, siakam, Irving, Luka then any of Embiid/Jokic/towns

Outside looking in

Booker, ratsull, Mitchell, beal, Trae, Kemba

Gobert just so wavy won’t come at me

I'm not too fond of advance stats but i see a lot of the blog boyz use on/off stats to champion guys... based on basketball reference Porzingis on/off is negative 25 which based on this article means he's actually hurting the team more than helping?

when looking at the rest of the team i also noticed that Luka has a +/- per 100 possessions of negative 14.5 & a top 7 usage rating in the league... something tells me that can't be good for the Mavs

There's not 10 guys playing better basketball today than Luka Doncic. And he's 20.

We really gonna look around and try to say people are overreacting because he's white?

Luka is a baller, no one is stressing otherwise but can we hold off on calling him a top 10 player until, I dunno, he plays at this level for a whole season? I don't feel comfortable ranking him above guys who've made all-nba multiple times.

He's been great. But his skin color is a factor for sure. THEY always looking for that next one just as people were trying to knock him when he was coming in because of that same skin color. If he was American it'd be even greater.

You don't become a top 10 player after 10 games though I believe is what the larger point is.

Luka is a baller, no one is stressing otherwise but can we hold off on calling him a top 10 player until, I dunno, he plays at this level for a whole season? I don't feel comfortable ranking him above guys who've made all-nba multiple times.

That makes sense, but even if he sustains his current level of play for a whole season or longer, there will still probably be a contingent of people who say he gets more hype than he deserves because he’s white. It happened with Larry Bird; it’ll happen with Luka. I don’t say that in a judgmental way either because I get the reasons why.

Oddly enough out of that 2016 draft Ingram seems to be the best suited today to play the role the Sixers need.

Can play make for others, Can go on on one & get a good shot off most of the time & seems to have consistently knock down the three

I said it from the jump and I'm still riding with BI being better than Simmons.

26/7/4 on 53/47/72%

14/6/6 on 55/scared to shoot outside 5 feet/53%

Simmons is a great passer and defender but he has shown no growth in his shooting while BI has put in the work and got better every single year. Son still only 22.

You don’t become a top 10 player in the NBA after 10 regular season games. This isn’t complicated.

It continues. :smh:

The only other dude on the active roster making threes :lol: jesus

He's been great. But his skin color is a factor for sure. THEY always looking for that next one just as people were trying to knock him when he was coming in because of that same skin color. If he was American it'd be even greater.

You don't become a top 10 player after 10 games though I believe is what the larger point is.

THEY are reaching for someone that looks like them. I get it. But it would be indeed reaching if they said someone like Kristaps was a top x player. Luka is legit. Me personally, I’m not going to knock him because he isn’t black (not to say that’s what you are doing) because that’s what THEY been doing to us forever. Luka is nice for real. Jokic is nice for real. Nash was nice.

Last edited:
Can someone name 10 players that are playing better basketball right now than Luka? I think it’s really easy to name 6 or so, but 10? Gonna need to hear it.

Who y’all favorite players in the L right now? Top 10
No order
Not Bron
Not AD
Not Kuzma
Not Javale
Not KCP
Not Caruso
Not Rondo
Not Danny Green
Not Dwight
Not Bron

ALA gang or don't bang!
https://66.media.tumblr.com/3d3c3b0305bbff485d2167123b088827/tumblr_ncq66i1b4l1s5djgpo1_400.gif

Independent of team record? In regards to Luka.

Giannis
Bron
Kawhi
AD
Harden
Embiid
Joker
Booker
Dame?
Kyrie?

Status
Not open for further replies.