THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how we love throwbacks...but hated certain jerseys when they were being used lol.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

Yeah, but not even nostalgia can make certain uniforms appealing. For example;

8A267B01-90C2-4809-ADFC-E34867C0CC53.jpeg
1526007D-9EC1-4F04-8446-12D967ABD160.jpeg

Orlando, philly, maybe Detroit.

Like I said, i think they missed their chance to move him at his peak or to cash in on some of their youngs guys for a 3rd impact player.

3rd? In the event that CJ is moved...who’s the 2nd? Nurkic?

Cause if so...what’s the point of that deal if Nurkic is going to be your #2 guy? It’s a lateral move. There is absolutely nothing that CJ is going to net back that makes them a better team. You’d simply be acquiring equal talent at best. What Portland has needed to do is ADD to Dame and CJ...and they tremendously dropped the ball on that when they gave $111 million to Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard.

Also, for all the talk about them being “undersized”...has that really been the reason they haven’t taken the next step? Dame and CJ could be 6’8...and they’re still getting tossed by the Warriors.

Last rookie that I remember shooting all time levels of bad was probably Austin Rivers. :lol:

If I was Portland, I'd be working the back channels to see if Iguodala was receptive to reporting. Maybe Bazemore, filler and a first rounder for Iguodala and Crowder. Bazemore and a first rounder for Gallinari works too, but that feels like a slight overpay.

I wonder if Dame and/or CJ ever take another step.

Dame has the skillset

CJ can do everything except get to the line.

Last rookie that I remember shooting all time levels of bad was probably Austin Rivers. :lol:

If I was Portland, I'd be working the back channels to see if Iguodala was receptive to reporting. Maybe Bazemore, filler and a first rounder for Iguodala and Crowder. Bazemore and a first rounder for Gallinari works too, but that feels like a slight overpay.
Trading anything for soon-to-be 36 year old Iguodala seems like a bit of an overpay. I'd much rather make the move for Gallo.

I wonder if Dame and/or CJ ever take another step.

Dame has the skillset

CJ can do everything except get to the line.
What else you want them to do? They are 28/29 years old. This is who they are. Both are very good players and victims of playing in the GSW era and having a poorly constructed team around them.

If you were the Blazers, would you rather have Marcus Morris, Julius Randle or Bobby Portis?

:emoji_thinking:

What else you want them to do? They are 28/29 years old. This is who they are. Both are very good players and victims of playing in the GSW era and having a poorly constructed team around them.
Literally just said what I’d like CJ to do. His points and shots are usually almost equal.

Since it appears Dame has topped out at 36-37% from deep, he should aim to keep the volume where it is now.

The 2000's produced some weird alternates man :lol:

wiz_display_image.jpg

N6JDJZI5AXW3TTTMDCDEID4L5E.jpg

bos-celtics-big-three-era-alternate-620x913.jpg

screen_shot_2016-12-27_at_10.35.12_am.png

smith_third_111504.jpg

The Celtics one was decent but the rest were :sick:

I actually am OK with those orange/grey Suns joints too. But the Wizards and Kings ones both are in the running for worst NBA uniforms of all time. Just heinous.

Literally just said what I’d like CJ to do. His points and shots are usually almost equal.

Since it appears Dame has topped out at 36-37% from deep, he should aim to keep the volume where it is now.
I just don’t really think it’s realistic to expect for someone at that point of their career to just flip a switch and get to the line significantly more.

He is what he is.

3rd? In the event that CJ is moved...who’s the 2nd? Nurkic?

Cause if so...what’s the point of that deal if Nurkic is going to be your #2 guy? It’s a lateral move. There is absolutely nothing that CJ is going to net back that makes them a better team. You’d simply be acquiring equal talent at best. What Portland has needed to do is ADD to Dame and CJ...and they tremendously dropped the ball on that when they gave $111 million to Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard.

Also, for all the talk about them being “undersized”...has that really been the reason they haven’t taken the next step? Dame and CJ could be 6’8...and they’re still getting tossed by the Warriors.
I'm saying they could've traded the young guys (Simons, Collins, picks) for 3rd impact player like a Wiggins or got the most value for CJ.

Now CJ has a huge deal and zach collins has no trade value. So they're kinda screwed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom