THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem with analytics comes in where if coaches and those staffs are actively telling players not to take those shots as was alluded to on the Jump yesterday. Any open shot regardless of distance is a good shot.
A wide open 3 is better than a wide open (mid-range) 2. Statistically, it really isn't debatable.

I think the problem with analytics comes in where if coaches and those staffs are actively telling players not to take those shots as was alluded to on the Jump yesterday. Any open shot regardless of distance is a good shot.
Outside of Pringles what coach or staff has ever preached that message though.

Coaches work through a shot hierarchy for sure but outside of the Rockets no team is running at a "0 midrange" philosophy.

All other factors being equal a three is just better than a mid range.

It’s remarkable how often it turns out that someone who consistently has trash basketball takes also has trash takes on non-basketball things...

Not that I have anyone specific in mind or anything...
Lmao.

Let's talk in June.

$250 says the Lakers and ALL THAT SIZE gonna beat your Clips in a 7-game series should they meet in the playoffs. You down to find out who got the better "basketball take?"

#readytobookmarkthis****

Basketball needs the midrange. FT like extended pull-ups, elbow jumpers, etc are a part of the game. Worst shot in basketball is anything within 1 foot of the 3pt line though. People need to stop taking those all together.

EF05605E-6579-403E-BC69-9CE5F97075DA.jpeg

Which explains his ignorance and lack of an education. Again, still doesn't take away from the fact he's been talked about in the same sentence as Ali, like Max Kellerman, among other, has mentioned.
Leading absentee in the Phillipine’s senate
Supported the imprisonment of 9 year olds
Agreed with the sentiment that drug users should be executed
Hates gay people

Don’t utter name with Ali’s, just because he’s had his checks cut in different locations doesn’t make him the biggest global icon since him either. He wasn’t even the most popular boxer of his era, let alone athlete.

I don't think anybody is giving China the benefit of the doubt, people just know that there's nothing america can do about it, and that everyone in the country of china doesn't view the situation the same way Americans do.
This. We got a lot of ethnocentric people in this country

A wide open 3 is better than a wide open (mid-range) 2. Statistically, it really isn't debatable.

Sure it's better if you're able to hit it. But there's plenty of players chucking 3s that don't have the proficiency to be doing so. And since defenses are rarely even defending that area of the floor anymore due to the prevalence and volume of 3s being taken league wide. Taking a closer shot shouldn't be shunned upon.

But analytics aren't hardfast rules. They're just tools used to better understand things. It's simply data. No different than using data to drive decisionmaking or understanding in any business scenario.

The problem is some people are using these numbers and weighing them heavier than what actually happens on a basketball court or accounting for the variables of the sport.

Also because there's such a vast list of numbers analytics are being used as a way to discredit/overcredit players depending on the argument.

The mid range jumper isn’t dead for your PNR guys, just the role players. Why would you want your least talented guys taking lower percentage shots?

If my role player is shooting low 30's% from the floor and has barely took that shot the majority of his time playing ball, i would much rather him get to a range where he can shoot significantly higher of a percentage rather than the 3

Sure it's better if you're able to hit it. But there's plenty of players chucking 3s that don't have the proficiency to be doing so. And since defenses are rarely even defending that area of the floor anymore due to the prevalence and volume of 3s being taken league wide. Taking a closer shot shouldn't be shunned upon.
Those same guys are going to shoot the same (if not worse) of a percentage from the mid range than from three. This has been the case for a while, So why wouldn't you then encourage them to shoot the shot that carries a higher expected value.

Again no one's saying that the mid range should be ignored but I don't think it's hard to see why one is emphasized over the other.

The Boomers in this country who grew up around segregation shouldn't be faulted for being pro-discrimination, amirite? It's just part of their culture. You weren't around then, so you wouldn't understand.
That answers my question. You ain't lived out the country so you wouldn't understand.

Now answer me this....why has your trash franchise only win one chip in the last 33 years?

If my role player is shooting low 30's% from the floor and has barely took that shot the majority of his time playing ball, i would much rather him get to a range where he can shoot significantly higher of a percentage rather than the 3
But.... They don't shoot significantly higher from there.

The Houston Rockets model taints some people’s opinions on analytics
This this this. Like I said earlier outside of the Rockets who else plays like that? Nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom