THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What else were y'all wearing back in the day on the court?

Middle School- Questions, Garnetts, Iverson 4, Penny 4, Zoom GP 2

High School- Jordan 12, Jordan 17, Huaraches, Air Raids
KB8 II's in elementary, The KOBE and Garnett III's in Middle School, Air Jet Flights and BB4's in HS, post HS Huarache 2K5 and the OG Hyperdunk

B67CB349-A860-456B-8EB4-BCCAD157783B.png
B67CB349-A860-456B-8EB4-BCCAD157783B.png

I'd rather my Girl be a 'Chef Curry' in the kitchen than on the court.

Ain't no way I'm letting her score on me on a 1v1... I'm running that VCU Full-Court press

What else were y'all wearing back in the day on the court?

Middle School- Questions, Garnetts, Iverson 4, Penny 4, Zoom GP 2

High School- Jordan 12, Jordan 17, Huaraches, Air Raids
Everything.

Questions. Answer 1. Answer 3. Answer 4. These fire *** Tommy Hilfiger zipper joints that the answer 4 was based on. They were so damn lit. Jordan 11-12-13-14-17-18s. The Gary Payton jawns. The converse worms. Pippen more air uptempos. Barkley Godzilla's. Black low Air force 1s lol. Air Jordan V.5 melo joints. denver color 2s. Foams. Hella foams. Cooked my toes. Crazy 8s. Adidas Kobe 1 Sunshine's. Adidas Silver Kobe 2. Deion Sanders dt max joints. Wore hella kicks on the courts and black top.

Look good, play good; play good, they pay good.

Grade school Jordan 4 Oreo And 1 Thai Chi Mid, Son of Glove, Zoom GP after they went on sale, Air Force Max is part of my love of the Penny lineOG White and black, Jordan 17 is very under rated, that same year I played in a couple AF1 GR Mids when Sheed was killing it. Jordan 8 had a few tournament runs, Adidas Pro Model 2G is the best team shoe I ever decided to regularly wear. Jordan 18, white and blue (would come to the game in the black and blue joints)
Jordan 19 Air Max 360 basketball there is a Lebron Zoom Generation and the 2's in there. 2k4 and 2k5's also were on the list. The first BB4 retro hit the list and the OG Lapris Colorway was on there after the 17's

Buddy the stuff I played in during 6-7 and 8th grade was amazing. I'm missing like 3-4ths of what I got too. I think I paid full price for like 1 pair of shoes in that before HS era.
High School was mostly trying to stunt. So a lot of retro J's . When it was time for a good run though I always went to those Penny's mentioned above.
The craziest part of being 28 is that I been wearing a size 12 since I was 12. I hooped in so much heat and got so many steals that going to buy shoes now is a challenge. I don't want them unless they are 30% off retail price.
You have all these collab's and stuff and I end up with a decent amount of new shoes every year (30-35 pairs) But its not the same, and I spent less at the time.

I had the black/red Tai Chis in junior high.
I got 2 pair they were good looking. I took that first pair apart after one of the bball "season" sessions and saw that black rubber and said "nah these are wack".

2k5 Hurrache is better than the 2k4 by far....

Nah, not in my circle.

The dudes that did hoop in em were scrappy tho. Nobody that really did and 1 moves wore them lol. We all hooped in the baggy shorts and tees with the durag like hot sauce and a.i. tho.

I played in Forces in like 6th grade because of Sheed :lol:
High school rotation was Jordan XIX Se then Melo 1.5/V.5 then I got the Kobe 1's the day they dropped and played in those.
Huarache 2k4s/5s were in rotation too

No one played in And1s?

I did. I have no idea what model it was, but this would have been 1998-99 era. They were really comfortable in terms of support, but they dug into my ankles too much when cutting. My parents probably still have them at their house. I should bust those out for old times' sake. They aren't in bad condition lol.

Tried to find a video of Max bringing it up earlier and found this tweet from a month ago. So I guess this is something he brings up often :lol: that’s crazy nobody says anything about it

AND1’s were so ****ing terrible to play in. I had a couple pairs and they were beyond garbage. Had to play a whole season in them one year cause my team was sponsored by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom