THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how sports hate works, I've hated Kobe and Kobe fans my entire adult life,

but im sitting here completely shell shocked by his death.

dude was with me for my entire adult life and was one of the few athletes that inspired serious passion and emotional investment positive or negative

and whether it was hate or love him I respected the ability, the drive, the competitiveness and the naked ambition and the desire to be great and say it out loud and take on the criticsm that comes with showing that type of ambition.

when i was a kid i hated but now all im left with is awe, respect and the devastation of losing him.

Man this **** has just got me wrecked and will for who knows how long. And with Gigi :smh:

I, thankfully, have never lost someone especially close to me and I'll keep it 100, I never in my life thought a famous figure would ever really mean that much to me but my pops called me a couple hours ago and he got emotional talking about he knew how much Kobe meant to me when I was younger playing middle school and HS, which I had even pushed those times outta my mind cause I haven't seriously hooped in over a decade and kinda fell off being that passionate about it and that convo sparked up all these memories.

It's honestly wild for me to think about heroes and/or the concept of heroes, at least for me, especially with something like ball/sports where I knew that it wasn't necessarily going anywhere for me but having someone who had the ability to push the realm of possibilities beyond your understanding and instill in you a belief that you never realized existed is truly amazing.

This is just... damn

503A9AB4-1869-498B-A18E-34FB167EB2EB.jpeg
Me n the homies feet’s for our rec league game today .. only fitting

100% I’m wearing Kobe’s to work tomorrow

the del sol vi are my favorite pair all time

Also, I want to show big ups to the thread today and keeping it civil and paying their respects. Even though we often talk greasy to each other, ever one coming together today shows that regardless of the team you rep, we all love and respect the game and what it’s given to us and others. Respect :nthat::nthat:
If you love hoop you love Kobe. Even if you "hated" him, you loved him. I expected nothing dels from a community that by and large loves basketball. Yall are my basketball family and the only place I even felt like discussing this outside of with family and friends.

So there was no fire on the helicopter? What exactly happened?

they were flying with low cloud cover, while trying to stay clear of the clouds.... which dangerous no matter where you are. They flew into the mountain side. Whether it was a controlled flight into terrain, or whether or not there was a mechanical failure, it’s too early to determine that.

they were flying with low cloud cover, while trying to stay clear of the clouds.... which dangerous no matter where you are. They flew into the mountain side. Whether it was a controlled flight into terrain, or whether or not there was a mechanical failure, it’s too early to determine that.

Are you a pilot/aerospace employee? Not shading, I’m asking legitimately.

Its not like I can afford it, but if I could, I'd never fly by private chopper. No offense (I can tell you're a pilot?)

It's funny how sports hate works, I've hated Kobe and Kobe fans my entire adult life,

but im sitting here completely shell shocked by his death.

dude was with me for my entire adult life and was one of the few athletes that inspired serious passion and emotional investment positive or negative

and whether it was hate or love him I respected the ability, the drive, the competitiveness and the naked ambition and the desire to be great and say it out loud and take on the criticsm that comes with showing that type of ambition.

when i was a kid i hated but now all im left with is awe, respect and the devastation of losing him.
I always slandered the man, but when I found out he died, I realized I had more respect for him than I thought. Seeing how he was with his daughter softened me up too. I realized how I was looking forward to more future videos of him grooming her into an wnba player. You can't watch the vids of him talking about his daughter and not tear up, you can feel the pride he had in his daughter.

Last edited:
I always slandered the man, but when I found out he died, I realized I had more respect for him than I thought. Seeing how he was with his daughter softened me up too. I realized how I was looking for more future videos of him grooming her into an wnba player. You can't watch the vids of him talking about his daughter and not tear up, you can feel the pride he had in his daughter.

Well said Amel

Its not like I can afford it, but if I could, I'd never fly by private chopper. No offense (I can tell you're a pilot?)

sadly, in the aviation business, we’ve all lost somebody dear to our heart along the way. We all read the reports, to try and not make the mistakes others have made and paid for with their lives. Some couldn’t have been avoided, while others seem to be reckless. However, it’s always difficult to place blame on the pilots when it’s extremely difficult to put yourself in their position and “know” how you would react.

the stuff is tragic. I feel for everybody involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom