THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooting for the oppressed to succeed in a space in which they have been marginalized is not the same as rooting for the oppressor to continue to flourish

Dude thinks people can be racist towards white folks lmao we wasting our time with MAGABuKKK

8005E234-6B3F-4656-B77F-BCA921324D4D.jpeg

what we sippin today fellas

We got options today

A7822C4C-2098-4289-B4B5-FB03EAB2FE75.jpeg

Don’t sleep on The bud light jawn 👀

Sad part is the majority of the "dominant society" are just that dumb. Quick to call a black man "racist" for rooting for other black people but even quicker to denounce anything deemed racist on their end.

I don’t think that it’s stupidity as much as willful ignorance because acknowledging and understanding the truth makes them too uncomfortable.

It’s why a lot of white people still say things like:

“What’s wrong with me saying the N word if I’m just repeating song lyrics or movie lines?”

and “Nobody’s ever given me anything free just because I’m white so white privilege isn’t real.”

These concepts aren’t hard - some people just don’t want to get it.

"I hope all white QBs die." => Racist

"Black people have historically been denied opportunities at the QB position because we weren't deemed smart enough, so I root for the success of us who play the position so that we can prove that theory wrong." => Not racist

It's a very simple formula

Not everything requires you to play devil's advocate
I'm not playing devil's advocate, but let's just keep this on how well we know Brees personally. If a conversation on whether or not you or me or buc em buc em knows Brees personally turns into a conversation on how well you know me personally, things just get real complicated real quick.

I'm not playing devil's advocate, but let's just keep this on how well we know Brees personally. If a conversation on whether or not you or me or buc em buc em knows Brees personally turns into a conversation on how well you know me personally, things just get real complicated real quick.
I mean when one talks in absolutes, he gives off that assumption

Reactions: MVP
Yeah I don’t believe that Drew Brees is racist. Dude just displayed that he remains ignorant to why folks choose to use the national anthem as a time to protest. Was he coming/speaking from a place of privilege and bias? Hell yeah.
= my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom