THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shoes_nike_air_jordan_16c.jpg

img01.jpg

Stop it wavycrocket wavycrocket

Gotta cop some 16s to wear around the crib when these government checks come

Different! 🔥🔥🔥

44BF8C58-7F99-4925-B924-B660A5165B44.jpeg

Maaannn. This brought back memories. Years ago I was the money guy for my boy's bachelor party in AC meaning that I was responsible for the banking and acquiring all the $1 bills then everyone just Venmo'd me their share. I was going to transport and bring the money to the strip club in a cardboard box ala Drake but instead copped that Jordan suitcase off eBay instead :pimp: :lol: Definitely still got that in storage somewhere.

Did anyone in here cop when they originally released?

Maaannn. This brought back memories. Years ago I was the money guy for my boy's bachelor party in AC meaning that I was responsible for the banking and acquiring all the $1 bills then everyone just Venmo'd me their share. I was going to transport and bring the money to the strip club in a cardboard box ala Drake but instead copped that Jordan suitcase off eBay instead :pimp: :lol: Definitely still got that in storage somewhere.

Nope. My mother damn sure, wasn’t spending no $200 on shoes in ‘01 :lol:.

Was content with white and Baby flue forces, and the converse battle weapons that were hot for like a year :lol:.

I had the OG 17 SEs with the snakeskin on the back, but that was my only pair of 17s. Had them until last year when I wore them to the office and the sole blew out on the left shoe.

Had 3 color ways of OG 16s though. Bred, Ginger and Cherrywood.

Nope. My mother damn sure, wasn’t spending no $200 on shoes in ‘01 :lol:.

Was content with white and Baby flue forces, and the converse battle weapons that were hot for like a year :lol:.

Yeah, I didn’t cop either. I ended up copping the 17 Lows the fall after they released at the Nike Outlet in Hagerstown on sale :pimp: .

Cool to hear players talking about owning teams, but it's been dope to hear D Wade and now KG being specific about wanting to be part of a potential Sonics franchise:

Kevin Garnett Says His Dream Is to Bring Seattle SuperSonics Back to NBA
PAUL KASABIAN APRIL 8, 2020

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - FEBRUARY 14: Kevin Garnett, a finalist for the 2020 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, speaks during a ceremony announcing the finalists at the United Center on February 14, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett spoke with Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press about a number of topics and said that his dream is to buy a team and re-form the Seattle SuperSonics, who left the Pacific Northwest in 2008 to become the Oklahoma City Thunder:
"If I have a dream, I would say that I would love to be able to go and buy the Seattle SuperSonics and reactivate the Seattle Northwest and get NBA loving back going into that area. I think it's needed and it's essential. Seattle was huge to our league. Not just Portland, but the whole northwest. I would love to be able to do that."

Garnett had plenty of battles with the Sonics during his NBA career, which began in 1995. KG's Timberwolves even met Gary Payton's team in the first round of the 1998 playoffs, losing in five games.
A Seattle NBA team could conceivably share the New Arena at Seattle Center with the expansion NHL team that's set to begin play in 2021.
But Dan Shafer of Seattle Business cautioned in January 2019 that Seattle was unlikely to get an NBA team any time soon, noting that commissioner Adam Silver was not in favor of expansion at that time and that there wasn't an obvious relocation candidate among the league's 30 franchises.

Still, Seattle is a passionate sports town, as evidenced by raucous booing of WWE wrestler Elias when he took a shot at the Sonics' leaving:

The team didn't leave town because of lack of fan interest or poor attendance. The team was still popular in the 2000s despite the Payton and Shawn Kemp era being long gone, especially with Kevin Durant in town.
But Oklahoma City businessman Clay Bennett bought the team from Starbucks founder Howard Schultz in 2006 and moved it to OKC two years later. A dispute over a potential new arena in Seattle was at the heart of the decision, and Bennett reached a $75 million settlement with the city to break its lease on Key Arena.
NBA basketball could certainly work in Seattle, although some logistics may be hard to hurdle. Still, Garnett at least recognizes how important basketball was to fans in that city, perhaps leaving a glimmer of hope for a return someday.

Word a week or so ago was the the Grizzlies owner looked into relocation last summer, I personally would love to be able to watch Ja Maront and Co. on a semi-regular basis in person in the future.

Kobe died at a young age but aside from being an all time great ball player.

There might not be another person who has .

Multiple time Olympic Gold Medals
Oscar award winner
NY times best selling author

Hell he had a couple hip hop songs

Not to mention that he was a great father and mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom