THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how the Celtics perform this year. I still think there's major overlap in talent and one of the three wings will have to get traded.
The 3 wings all have different skill sets and bring something different to the table. Hayward is a facilitator and slasher that can shoot the 3. Jaylen is defense, 3s, and cutting to the basket. Tatum does a little bit of everything.

I’d wait to see what this actually looks like with a more healthy version of Hayward before saying someone definitely needs to be traded.

Just heard this, so the surgery Zion is having is a trim meniscus as opposed to swelling it which would take a couple months to recover. Sewing the meniscus is the better option long term, Dwade said having his trimmed lead to more issues and he should have chose to sew it.

The 3 wings all have different skill sets and bring something different to the table. Hayward is a facilitator and slasher that can shoot the 3. Jaylen is defense, 3s, and cutting to the basket. Tatum does a little bit of everything.

I’d wait to see what this actually looks like with a more healthy version of Hayward before saying someone definitely needs to be traded.

i
i
i

AD goes for 35/12/3 tonight

Show 115 Dippers 106

lakers easily by 20 tonight. no PG, and kawhi looking kind of heavier than normal and had no rhythm in the preseason. Will have to play himself into game shape. Show by 20. book it.

Well he regressed from year 2 to 3. Don't know why they'd give him a bag when he didn't show any improvement but hey Ainge is washed.

Because (this has been stated already) Kyrie COULD have been a significant hindrance.

Just heard this, so the surgery Zion is having is a trim meniscus as opposed to swelling it which would take a couple months to recover. Sewing the meniscus is the better option long term, Dwade said having his trimmed lead to more issues and he should have chose to sew it.
Absolutely, 100%. Sewing it back and just taking the time off is the best option long term. The recovery is 3 months. So 12 weeks over 8. But then you're good. Removing pieces of the cushion isn't even logical for an athlete. It's a much faster recovery, but at what price? Removing cartilige deminishes the amount you have, clearly. I understand making rash decisions and wanting to come back, i get it....but you gotta think long game.

Random note: I don't really understand what San Antonio is doing now. They're just in basketball purgatory. As long as Popovich is coaching there, I don't think they're going to tank but what's the point of fighting to be the 8 seed with an aging roster? Today want to get swept in the first round that badly? Any other franchise I would trade Aldridge and Murray and rebuild.

Or he still hasn't figured out how to dribble and his offensive skill set coming into the league hasn't exactly expanded. Myrie is gone so no excuses.

Exactly. It's either one or other. Contract will be validated one way or the other by the end of the season.

Random note: I don't really understand what San Antonio is doing now. They're just in basketball purgatory. As long as Popovich is coaching there, I don't think they're going to tank but what's the point of fighting to be the 8 seed with an aging roster? Today want to get swept in the first round that badly? Any other franchise I would trade Aldridge and Murray and rebuild.

Dejounte byke my boy.

and are they really aging or is that just the narrative we've always had? a lot of the old guys they've had are gone now.

Zion is a freak of nature. He'll probably have a bunch of injuries like Westbrook did early on and come back still with 100% athleticism.

Someone built like Zion, trimming it sounds like a mistake. Surgery before a regular season game is crazy, I’m shocked they picked the trim

He outweighs Russ by almost 100, so nope :lol:

Russ is also the average weight for someone his size. Yet 99% of the population with his metrics cant withhold the contact Russ does. Yet he always comes back the same after every surgery.

Not everyones body is the same.

Give him an Oscar

This is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen in my life

After all he had to go through to force a move in terms of his rep taking a hit and being portrayed as a bad guy for the first time,it really would be hilarious if he bounced after a year :rofl:

Yeah right. It would take something like a losing streak, Lebron making passive aggressive comments about AD needing to play harder in an attempt to cover up his regression on the court and a WCF exit in 6 games, which would never happen.......

:nerd:

AD goes for 35/12/3 tonight

Show 115 Dippers 106

I put money on the Clippers winning tonight. I just have a hunch.

Dejounte byke my boy.

and are they really aging or is that just the narrative we've always had? a lot of the old guys they've had are gone now.

atlsfinest atlsfinest It's a slippery slope when you have a small market team that has been winning/dominant for as long as they have. Subsequently the small market fan base isn't ready for them to just mail it in so you gotta taper expectations gradually. The first round exits are frustrating but they have a good system in place to maximize all their players' abilities.

This guy knows what it is. Should have been tanking smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom