There Will Be Blood...for those who saw it, what did you think?....spoliers

Great movie, saw it the first time last night.

Daniel Day Lewis is a damn good actor.

SPOILER

He became incredibly wealthy, but he lost everything, his integrity, his son, everything. Like damn, he sold his soul almost by the end of the movie.

Oh and I thought Eli was schizo until the end...
laugh.gif

From IMDB

this is the scene where he has his son in his office....

Plainview: It's the truth. You're not my son. You never have been. You're an orphan. Did you ever hear that word? You operated here today like one. I should have seen this coming. I should have known that under this all, these past years you've been building your hate for me piece by piece. I don't even know who you are because you have none of me in you, you're someone else's. This anger, your maliciousness, backwards dealings with me. You're an orphan from a basket in the middle of the desert. And I took you for no other reason than I needed a sweet face to buy land. Did you get that? Now you know.
[Plainview whistles mockingly]

Plainview: Look at me. You're lower than a bastard. Mmm-hmm. You have none of me in you. You're just a bastard from a basket.

When I was watching this....
eek.gif
/
smh.gif

Its not a horror movie. He does some horrific things, but I'm sure the title misled some people who went it thinking it was going to be like Saw or anaction movie. Hell, people probably saw the setting and thought it was a cowboy movie. In this situation, I can see how they would think it was"wack".

Great movie, nobody can mess with Daniel Day-Lewis, guy puts his all in every role and delivers every single time.

One thing about the movie is that it was tense from the first minute to the final minute. It didn't keep me on the edge of seat, but it did force my sensesto be at its keenest.

Also, it was scored PERFECTLY.

Damn, I didn't think I would like this movie. I'm suprised so many on here did. I'm gonna have to check it out now.

One thing about the movie is that it was tense from the first minute to the final minute. It didn't keep me on the edge of seat, but it did force my senses to be at its keenest.

Most definitely true. Its not your typical run of the mill dramatic film. It has its own sort of genre in a sense. Its suspenseful in a strangeway, and i think the score adds to it a great deal. When i watched the movie, just about the whole time i was kinda feeling like o_O
I was perplexed the entire time and trying to figure it out
nerd.gif
Heck, i wasso engrossed in it, i never realized that those two boys were actually twins, i thought it was one the whole time
eyes.gif

i thought this movie should have taken best direction over ncfom. everything about this movie did it for me.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From IMDB

this is the scene where he has his son in his office....

Plainview: It's the truth. You're not my son. You never have been. You're an orphan. Did you ever hear that word? You operated here today like one. I should have seen this coming. I should have known that under this all, these past years you've been building your hate for me piece by piece. I don't even know who you are because you have none of me in you, you're someone else's. This anger, your maliciousness, backwards dealings with me. You're an orphan from a basket in the middle of the desert. And I took you for no other reason than I needed a sweet face to buy land. Did you get that? Now you know.
[Plainview whistles mockingly]

Plainview: Look at me. You're lower than a bastard. Mmm-hmm. You have none of me in you. You're just a bastard from a basket.

When I was watching this....
eek.gif
/
smh.gif

My favorite scene in the whole movie. We truly see the extent of Daniel's selfish personality and how ruthless he is. To add to that, the third guysitting there had to translate EVERYTHING
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

One thing about the movie is that it was tense from the first minute to the final minute. It didn't keep me on the edge of seat, but it did force my senses to be at its keenest.

The violin strings reminded me of Lost
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom