They got Whitey Bulger up outta here

Apparently Lloyd Christmas got to him.

freddy_geas.jpg

Freddy Geas, convicted mob hitman from Greater Springfield, raises profile as suspect in Whitey Bulger death

SPRINGFIELD -- Convicted mob hitman Freddy Geas stole, brawled and killed his way to the top of the organized crime hierarchy in Western Massachusetts in the early 2000s.

Now reportedly a suspect in the death of legendary Boston gangster James J. "Whitey" Bulger Jr. at a high-security West Virginia federal prison Tuesday, his profile as a savage local killer has been raised considerably.

Geas, 51, formerly of West Springfield, has been serving out a life sentence at the Hazelton federal penitentiary in West Virginia since at least 2015. He was among those convicted of the 2003 murders of Springfield mob boss Adolfo "Big Al" Bruno and low-level associate Gary Westerman in 2003 -- plus the near-fatal shooting of a New York union boss the same year.

He and his younger brother, Ty Geas, and Genovese crime boss Arthur "Artie" Nigro, were convicted at trial in 2011 for murder and other crimes. Their undoing was a trusted friend turned government informant. The brothers refused to cooperate and stoically took their life bids while co-conspirators in the murders received lighter sentences.

"Freddy is a dying breed," said Springfield attorney Daniel D. Kelly, who represented both Geases in multiple criminal cases and maintains a friendship with Freddy Geas to this day.

"He has great disdain for informants," Kelly added. "I'm not saying Freddy did this just because the media says so, I'm just telling you what I know about him."

Bulger, on the other hand, was a notorious and duplicitous mob informant for the FBI. He went on the lam from 1995 until 2011, when he was captured by federal agents in California with his longtime girlfriend.

He was convicted of a litany of crimes -- including 11 murders committed while he was on the FBI's payroll -- and was serving a life sentence. Bulger's transfer to the West Virginia prison made national headlines on Monday, and his slaying inside of a day at the facility lit up news outlets around the globe.

U.S. Bureau of Prison officials have yet to release much information about Bulger's death beyond confirming he was discovered in his cell just after 8 a.m. Tuesday morning.

No one has been charged in the killing.

Dude got beat so bad that he was unrecognizable and his eyes were dislodged from his head :wow:

Tried to remove his tongue too. Dude was in a wheelchair so they just rolled him into a cell and put in work with a lock in a sock. Sounds like Dr. Seuss.

Reminds me of the Souza-Baranowski killing of the old dude. Same prison in MA that Hernandez was at

They cut out his tongue too I read or at least tried too... same with his eyes.

Not sure if they were successful with either, but man that is brutal.

I saw this other vid on youtube with this dude who was the most successful mobster making so much money off the mob with this gas station scheme. Dude even went toe to toe with John Gotti and he never snitched or anything like that, but he did leave the life after he felt like things were getting hot and he felt things were going to fall apart because new laws were created where snitches would be taken care of for life. So he knew if it came down to it should a guy have a choice between years in prison or a nice middle class life in Arizona they would choose the middle class life.

Even though he never snitched and outlived all the dudes that wanted him dead because that life once you're in, you're in for life he was always watching over his shoulder. He said he always respected the game and knew to never show his face back in NY or anywhere close to those guys even though they were all gone, but still just respect the code and not insult them by walking freely in front of them.

Not saying Bulger didn't respect the code, but that life caught up to him. Also, I think they had help with the prison to do this hit because Bulger is such a high profile inmate and they place him on general population :smh:

Higher ups set that up and sent a message also.

Yeah he had it coming. Killed women and ordinary citizens. Snitched. Took down the whole New England Italian mob. Dude who killed him hated informants and was a Genovese associate.

I read Bulger actually requested gen pop. Prison admin were probably happy to oblige.

old head i work with (here in MA) was like you don't even know. he's a boston native and was like dude buried prolly more bodies than they could find. said good riddance. im indifferent to it all, but the old boston heads seem to hate this mf...not that it's undeserved. times were so different back then man..

Back
Top Bottom