They robbed my car ......................Vol. My door? Really?

So I woke up at 6am to my mother screaming my car door is gone.

I go outside and see this:

(The taped wire in the first pic is my satellite radio ant.)

Tried busting the passenger window but it didnt break, just cracked.

So they busted the passenger side back window.

Alarm never went off. (Factory alarm ... its obviously not good )

Cops came here and were acting like it was an insurance job.

Saying they never seen this before and why would they break the windows.

Waiting for crime scene investigators to come finger print the car.

I got full coverage but this is crazy ... the car was parked in my driveway all night.

I was up till about 3am and didnt hear ANYTHING.

Cliff Notes:

They robbed my car door.

I know someone who stole a car hood
laugh.gif
they needed it for their car

Waiting for crime scene investigators to come finger print the car.

Ive never seen anyone successful in getting that to happen. Possibly they are checking to see if it was you? This isn't the first time Ive seen this, whatpeople fail to realize is people will often steal only the things they need. I knew someone with a highly modified Honda with countless valuable parts and allthey did was drive it south to a remote area, stole the wheels and left the car. There was an nter a year or two ago who also had his door stolen, its evencommon for thieves to steal the cab doors off of pickup trucks.

Edit:

I know someone who stole a car hood
laugh.gif
they needed it for their car

My point exactly. Happens all the time.

happens- usually they would just take the whole car if they needed the door tho-

and its not the cops place to call it an "insurance job"
grin.gif

but how the hell they break your windows AND REMOVE your door in your driveway and nobody hear anything??

so they didnt take anything but the door? and *@+! up your windows... god damn

Originally Posted by Kingtre

happens- usually they would just take the whole car if they needed the door tho-

and its not the cops place to call it an "insurance job"
grin.gif

but how the hell they break your windows AND REMOVE your door in your driveway and nobody hear anything??
alien.gif
's

Ive seen this before too, guess when it happens to you its crazy.

And yea the cops are acting like it is me or an insurance job.

Theyre not flat out saying it but theyre saying why would they break windows, was anything wrong with the door,etc.

Asking a bunch of questions like I would know.

eyes.gif

If I was doing an insurance job I would have stole something better or the car would have been burnt already.

Mangudai, I heard a story here of lots of trucks getting their tailgates stolen from the various park and ride locations. I didn't think it was forpersonal use, though. The news and others made it seem like it was to create a demand for expensive auto parts and labor... that all these chop shops would nowhave in stock because they were the reason you lost yours in the first place. Some local shop/dealership is going to get an order in from some guy who needs adoor and installation--all of which will be paid by the insurance company.

Garages FTW

Cold piece tho, hope you get everything back with nothing out of your pocket.

breaking the window silently is easy
and removing the door is probably an even quieter job than breaking the window.

Back
Top Bottom