They say your life is what happens while you're making other plans.

So for those who have gotten to live a little bit, has your life gone accordance to your original plans? I look back to when I was 18, and I wrote outchronological plans on how my future would be. And man, years later, nothing has gone to plan
laugh.gif
. But I'm not mad, I'm still living and the stuff that has happenedwhile I was making other plans wasn't too bad.

But if things did go according to plan, I'd have a Bachelors Degree in Biology, I'd be in my third year of Medical School, and I'd have the baddestchick in the game wearing my chain.

However, I'm a twenty five year old Sr. in college finally about to graduate with a Bachelors, and I'm set to go to law school in the Fall of 2010. Ican't complain too much.

So I ask, if your life went the way you originally planned, how would you be living right now, in comparison to how you're really living right now?

And for those of you who are living exactly the way you originally planned. Congratulations, you've done what I seldom see happen.

i dont believe in "life plans"

i believe in setting goals and aspirations and whatnot, but to me, life is about being able to adapt and overcome any situation thrown at you, like a curveball on a 0-2 count.

And i always swing for the fences.

Originally Posted by Club29

i believe in setting goals and aspirations and whatnot, but to me, life is about being able to adapt and overcome any situation thrown at you, like a curve ball on a 0-2 count.

Club I agree with you. That's where I am in 2009. Now if I was there in 2002 I think I would have avoided a lot of stressful situations.

But you mean to tell me that as a youngin you weren't naive enough to map out your life? If you weren't, good damn job,

i tired to map out a plan but my ADHD didnt let me

what ever it would have been i know i wouldnt have stayed to it since i hate when my summer is already planed

Other than my school, state I live in, relationship status, incoming income, and overall attitude on life I'm where I thought I would be.

i believe in setting goals and aspirations and whatnot, but to me, life is about being able to adapt and overcome any situation thrown at you, like a curve ball on a 0-2 count.

My dude came in with that Def Poetry.
laugh.gif

"Life plans" never go accordingly because you envision your path for the future differently as you get older. At least that's how it is for me. I have short term goals for myself that I aim for, and know that life has its ups and downs...just gotta get through the hurdle.

When I was in highschool I saw myself becoming an editor at Complex Magazine.

Now I just wanna graduate with this English degree, go to law school, and hopefully work in the entertainment industry in a legal capacity.

If not that, work for the government and try to make my way into the legislature.

Let's see how it pans out.

Aight well when i was about 8-14 I thought i was going to make the NBA or be a successful business man making million dollar decisions jet setting around theworld in expensive suits. From 15-17 I expected to go to college, bang hella women, party like they do in movies, go on spring breaks, and have study groupswith witty comments and ridiculously good looking people. From 18-22 I expected to make it out of college and fasttrack a career, but around 20 regretted mydecision to be a business major and wish I did molecular cell biology, or some sort of engineering. At 23 (now) I have been out of work for six months, livingat home with the rents, about 15 pounds overweight, and just am trying to land a solid job that I can stay at for a few years before getting my masters. Looking back, it seems I've always had a vision of greatness and an equally strong amount of laziness. Not being able to make things happen FTW. Though inbetter (was 30 pounds overweight) shape, having a vision of where to go, a roof over my heads, loving family and friends, and getting better with laziness andconsistency I feel content, but motivated, at the moment.

Seems like the saying is true..everyone grows up sometime. It is a bittersweet feeling because most of us had a yearning for some sort of greatness when wewere young, but as we get older we readily satisfy for an average life. Not to knock average...friends, family, roof, food, and bball really are all that areimportant. It is just disheartening to know that the things in life you dreamt of wanting are not in realistic grasp.

I wanted to live in London, Sydney, Bombay and Cape Town each for 6 months, but at this point I don't see any realistic way of making these things happen. I did okay with girls in college, but now without all that opportunity around me meeting women in super tough, paying off college loans and credit cards is aslap in the face everyday of reality.

i feel off track as hell...my notch count should be higher, and i should be further along in school

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Club I agree with you. That's where I am in 2009. Now if I was there in 2002 I think I would have avoided a lot of stressful situations.

But you mean to tell me that as a youngin you weren't naive enough to map out your life? If you weren't, good damn job,

Oh, most definitely. Unfortunately, with age comes the realization that some dreams will stay dreams and that reality is constant.

"I find the great thing in this world is, not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe-

I have aspirations I guess you'd say, but after high school I was fixated on playing college ball and that all worked out and although I didn't set outto get a particular degree, I ended up coming out of it all with a Business degree, which fits me perfectly, because my aspirations are so broad and If I planon doing anything, it's to experience many different ways of making money.

i sure hope you dont swing outside the strike zone as much as Pablo Sandoval

Original Plan: Grad in 2009 with Bachelors in business admin. Get paralegal/legal secretary job. ****Pass LSAT with 170/180 in 2009 summer and get accepted toMercer Law. Four years later pass the Bar. Work for at least four years and then start a family.

Real Life: Married at 18. First child at 20. Just grad w/ A.S in CRJU. Need 12 classes for B.S in public Service. So approx 2010 will Grad with B.S.--- Thenwill follow up with ****^ (except for the start a family part b/c its already started)

So overall I am happy with where I am. It is taking a little longer but I am getting there!
happy.gif

When people are young they start making plans on what they wanna be when they grow up but whens years are passings things change.

cant worry about the what ifs. i am just very thankful for the blessings i do have.

Back
Top Bottom