Thieves steal $100,000 in toys, food for poor

Disgusting
smh.gif

[h2]California agency scrambles to recover donations 24 days before Christmas [/h2]
msnbc.com staff and news service reports

updated 12:57 p.m. ET, Wed., Dec . 2, 2009

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. - Thieves in Orange County stole $100,000 in toys and food donated to the poor, leaving an agency scrambling to recover just 24 days before Christmas.

Sgt. James Colgrove said crooks broke into an underground storage facility in Garden Grove over the weekend. They took an estimated 20,000 pounds of food and about $25,000 worth of toys that were donated to the United Labor Agency of Orange County.

Colgrove says the goods were being collected for homeless families and those whose breadwinners recently lost jobs.

"There are going to be a lot of homeless and underprivileged children and families who are going to go without," Colgrove told The Orange County Register.

Colgrove told the California newspaper that detectives believe the heist happened between Friday and Monday morning. Employees were being interviewed to determine how someone could haul away the huge load without being noticed, the newspaper reported.

A grill from the agency's storage facility and items donated for a raffle also were taken.

An employee discovered the theft Monday morning.

smh.gif
smh.gif
x10000000

Linky

Sounds like employees could have been in on it, there's no way they could have just gotten away with all that with out someone noticing. Smh at peoplethese days.

Why?
smh.gif
if they wanted to steal at least steal from a regular store (not that stealing is ok in general)

why/how the heck would anyone steal 20,000 lbs of food? and toys? not like they're easily sold for cash...but this is just horrible.

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

Man I thought this was gonna be a Robin Hood type situation..smh
So did I. I was about to roll up in here with a lot of
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
s. Not anymore. Shameful.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom