Things aren't going my way, does Praying work for you?

prayer works but not for the reason most believe. people tend to give a higher being more credit and short their own abilities.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

i dont see how me finding you obnoxious makes me a tool.

i was referring to your remark above my initial post.

it seems to me, simply put, that you just like starting *+%+

especially when it comes to topics about god's existence
Ok, me voicing my opinion is starting %%$#. Turning the tables, maybe your belief in prayer offends me as well?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by SplashySplash

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Yes. Maybe not in an instant dramatic type of way but in the long run,....yes

Balderdash, prayer works instantly. OP, tell him what you want and he WILL deliver
I just prayed for Stacy Dash to appear in my bedroom....didn't happen. I'm just saying.

You gotta have faith (which you clearly dnt)...Not tryna be facetious, but you should ask your OG Lucifer
I prayed to everyone Xenu, Muhammed, Jesus, Buddha, Yahweh, Jesus Shuttlesworth, Zeus, Osiris...etc.

Nothing happened....and I really wanted it to happen. I had as much faith as a man could possibly have, I wanted it bad.

I find that odd, I just prayed for Lauren London to appear....and she did

Balderdash, prayer works instantly. OP, tell him what you want and he WILL deliver
I just prayed for Stacy Dash to appear in my bedroom....didn't happen. I'm just saying.

You gotta have faith (which you clearly dnt)...Not tryna be facetious, but you should ask your OG Lucifer
I prayed to everyone Xenu, Muhammed, Jesus, Buddha, Yahweh, Jesus Shuttlesworth, Zeus, Osiris...etc.

Nothing happened....and I really wanted it to happen. I had as much faith as a man could possibly have, I wanted it bad.
This is not faith.

Yeah. Praying does work for me.

It's weird because, sometimes I feel lazy to even pray
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Tidei

This is not faith.

So am I supposed to pick one? What if I have faith in all those Deities equally? In your opinion what qualifies as faith?

Ok, me voicing my opinion is starting %%$#. Turning the tables, maybe your belief in prayer offends me as well?
Common sense  says  joking about s someones belief's is different  then someone   praying in their privacy

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Common sense  says  joking about s someones belief's is different  then someone   praying in their privacy

Hmm......you right you right.  Sry guys I can be a tool sometimes.

But all jokes aside, how do I make prayers work INSTANTLY?

Anyhow prayers and faith can be powerful but not in the way you guys think. It's psychosomatic, the same phenomena that governs the placebo effect. Faith/ prayer can have a huge impact in recovery from disease and surgical procedures.....or simply just staying positive.
happy.gif

Prayer however, will not make Megan Fox appear on top of my erect penis. Doesn't work that way.

Anyhow prayers and faith can be powerful but not in the way you guys think. It's psychosomatic, the same phenomena that governs the placebo effect. Faith/ prayer can have a huge impact in recovery from disease and surgical procedures.....or simply just staying positive.
happy.gif
Ok, I'll take it.

You can also wish on an airplane which you are pretending is a shooting star, same effect.

Originally Posted by HoisanDoiXHaze

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Damn, from the look of things. I need to pray more.
It won't work for anyone who prays and questions the faith.
Hmm I don't mean to be a %##% again....but so everyone who doesn't get their prayers answered is questioning their faith? I find that kinda hard to believe. History has shown the most religious of people are usually the most desperate....a lot of times/ most of the time their prayers do not get answered.

Do people still get on their knees for God? (No mystical-$%!#)

people do whatever they need to do to get in the prayerful/spiritual mood.

OP just ignore all of AntonLavey's posts in this thread, he's pretending to answer your question but clearly just wants to stir up debate.. yes, prayer works for me. i cant even count the number of times me and my family/friends have been pulled out of tough situations due to prayer and faith in God. someone could say it was all luck or human perseverance, but with the frequency of prayers i have seen answered, i'm not buying that.

you can always go to God with a contrite heart.. just lay down your problems in life, make the heartfelt effort to commit everything into His hands and strengthen your faith everyday, and also to give God the glory when your prayers are answered instead of assuming the credit for yourself.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

prayer works.

not just because there is a god but because its gives you hope and something to believe in. It boost your moral. Try it. I guarantee you will feel better after but you must believe in who you pray to.

Word? It's so simple, why didn't I think of this. Thanks fam.
pimp.gif

happy.gif

Prayer however, will not make Megan Fox appear on top of my erect penis. Doesn't work that way.

I agree with this one very much.

Prayer works. This is coming from someone who didn't believe in God for most of his life.

It works....

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

God tells you what you want him to say

roll.gif

Originally Posted by D723

Prayer works. This is coming from someone who didn't believe in God for most of his life.

It works....
How are ppl gonna say prayer works when they have no proof? Example:My leg hurts, I pray to God to heal BUT I go to the doctor to get it checked out and he gives me medicine. In the end my leg gets better, is that the result of prayer?  or the doctor's medicine? How do you even prove that the act of you praying made your leg heal, I think most ppl use prayer as an excuse to say God is powerful/almighty/etc and as it has been said 1 million times. Prayer: the act of doing nothing but still think you're doing something.

Everything takes time to work itself out. I find that praying gives people hope and that's all you can really ask for. Works for me.

Originally Posted by DT43

Do people still get on their knees for God? (No mystical-$%!#)

people do whatever they need to do to get in the prayerful/spiritual mood.

OP just ignore all of AntonLavey's posts in this thread, he's pretending to answer your question but clearly just wants to stir up debate.. yes, prayer works for me. i cant even count the number of times me and my family/friends have been pulled out of tough situations due to prayer and faith in God. someone could say it was all luck or human perseverance, but with the frequency of prayers i have seen answered, i'm not buying that.

you can always go to God with a contrite heart.. just lay down your problems in life, make the heartfelt effort to commit everything into His hands and strengthen your faith everyday, and also to give God the glory when your prayers are answered instead of assuming the credit for yourself.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Is debate such a bad thing?  All I was saying is, there are plenty of very religious people in sh5## situations that don't get their prayers answered. Why did you deserve to get your prayers answered but they don't?
Can someone who isn't afraid of debate please answer that....sheesh.
smh.gif

There are also non-religius folks like myself who consider themselves pretty damn lucky in life (for the most part), is this a result of God's blessings as well?

The answer I gave about the placebo effect/ hope/ staying positive was my genuine opinion...i wasn't trying to stare up debate with it.

Back
Top Bottom