Things to do in Boston?

I'm heading out to Boston next week for work, staying in downtown for two weeks. Ill be working most of the week but I'll have the weekends and night time to explore.

Anyone got any recommendations as to places to visit, places to eat, etc? I'm down to check out old historic sites, museums, anything touristy really.

The two places I can think of seeing are Fenway and Harvard. any other suggestions would be appreciated!

If you want good Italian food go to the North End, not far from downtown. "Lo Conte" is a really good small restaurant. Mikes Pastry is the spot for canoli's and other crazy delicious desserts. Basically the North end is all Italian restaurants and Bakeries. 

Faneuil Hall/quincy market is near downtown as well, its a big food court type place with a lot of different options. Also some bars,restaurants and shopping around there. 

Walk down Newbury street to see some fine women and cars, its a higher end shopping area. You could hit up the prudential center but its a really boring mall with OD expensive stores. 

Best bet for nightlife is probably the bars around Kenmore square/Fenway. If you would rather go to a club I like Gypsy(downtown),or Umbria Prime(Franklin Street) ,and I heard Splash was good but hard to get in/expensive. 

Harvard Square is a fun place to be, not sure how it is right now because school isn't in session. 

Sneaker stores:

Concepts(harvard area)

Bodega(Mass ave/Berklee area)

Expressions(Downtown Crossing)

Other food suggestions:

Bostones (newbury street)

Boloco

Santarpio's Pizza

Pizzeria Regina

posting for later since I'm going to college 10 min from here.

Im actually right here in boston at berklee college of music. The regional forum people helped me out. And a local cat showed me the "Bodega". its a secret store off Massachusetts avenue.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&outpu...cp.r_qf.&fp=917465cf75d369c2&biw=1280&***=590

check it out op

CLOTHES and SHOES: Bodega, Concepts, Johnny Cupcakes, Expressions, NikeTown, and anything on Newbury Street.

FOOD: Boston Burger Company on Boylston street. They actually just opened up a Georgetown Cupcakes. Quincy Market for snacks and whatnot. North End has Pizzeria Regina, Arnestos, Panino Expresss, Mikes Pastry. 

Last edited:
visit places where the departed was filmed.... including where Queenen gets tossed from the roof

http://www.wwifdb.com/where-was-the-departed-filmed

0.jpg

The New England Aquarium is pretty dope if you like that type of thing.

The North End is always a good spot on weekends during the Summer (feasts of patron Saints)
http://www.northendboston.com/visit-2/summer-feasts/

Kenmore/Fenway area, especially if you've never been.

Take a Duck tour for sure since you want something "touristy" to do.
http://www.bostonducktours.com/

Fanueil Hall is usually packed during the Summer and offers a decent variety of food and reasonable shopping; head to Newbury St. for a more expensive alternative.

Freedom Trail for a historical experience.

CLOTHES and SHOES: Bodega, Concepts, Johnny Cupcakes, Expressions, NikeTown, and anything on Newbury Street.
FOOD: Boston Burger Company on Boylston street. They actually just opened up a Georgetown Cupcakes. Quincy Market for snacks and whatnot. North End has Pizzeria Regina, Arnestos, Panino Expresss, Mikes Pastry. 

524540_3364545475642_1122192172_n.jpg

just had boston burger co for the second time ever today. Couldnt help but take this pic :lol:

the 420 burger and i subbed guac for the bbq sauce.

Last edited:
thanks for all of the replies guys! really appreciate it.

im staying right on state street so im def gonna check out that aquarium. its like a 3 minute walk from my hotel.

def gonna check out boston burger company as well and some other food spots.

thanks again!

The Allston neighborhood is great for a wide variety of food from Korean to Tex-Mex and bar food. Check out Sunset Grill for over 100 beers on tap and the best nachos in the city. Go clubbing at Estate or Gypsy on Friday or Saturday nights. Goodluck

And I would go to Modern Pastry (right down the street) in the North End instead of Mike's for two reasons, no line and they are not cash only. Giacomos is a solid choice too, arguably one of the best Italian joints in the Boston area (prepare for a huge line outside though). Have fun.

Last edited:
If you want good Italian food go to the North End, not far from downtown. "Lo Conte" is a really good small restaurant. Mikes Pastry is the spot for canoli's and other crazy delicious desserts. Basically the North end is all Italian restaurants and Bakeries. 

Faneuil Hall/quincy market is near downtown as well, its a big food court type place with a lot of different options. Also some bars,restaurants and shopping around there. 

Walk down Newbury street to see some fine women and cars, its a higher end shopping area. You could hit up the prudential center but its a really boring mall with OD expensive stores. 

Best bet for nightlife is probably the bars around Kenmore square/Fenway. If you would rather go to a club I like Gypsy(downtown),or Umbria Prime(Franklin Street) ,and I heard Splash was good but hard to get in/expensive. 

Harvard Square is a fun place to be, not sure how it is right now because school isn't in session. 

Sneaker stores:

Concepts(harvard area)

Bodega(Mass ave/Berklee area)

Expressions(Downtown Crossing)

Other food suggestions:

Bostones (newbury street)

Boloco

Santarpio's Pizza

Pizzeria Regina

just got into Boston last night. I had no idea how beautiful this city is. :wow:

I'm working right across the street from Quincy market/Faneuil hall so im sure I'll be eating lunch there often.

thanks again for all of the suggestions.

the only other place in the usa, metropolis wise, that comes anywhere near the beauty of boston is San Fran.

i suggest coppin some haze, going to boston common and straight up buildin, whether ur by urself or not.  just mentally and spiritually build urself up

dudes be tokin 24/7 by that central statue.

enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom