Things to do in Houston, Texas vol are you all still tippin?

you got to get out and talk to people :smh:

exactly!!

sounds like homie has a hard time socializing

don't get me wrong - houston not New York or Vegas but its not hard to find things to do

plenty of crawfish parties and day parties on saturdays right now

Idk about ya but I f**** with the H. I wasn't born here nor raised here but have grown to love this city... Really wanna move inside the loop or somewhere near.. Living in the burbs sucks.. Lol

houston is slept on..ppl dont even realize its like the 3rd biggest city in the country lol

the tone is slept on too...mad hispanics there..like 60 percent

4th Chicago JUST passed Houston.

Houston has been the 4th largest city for easily 10+ years, maybe even 20 :lol:. It's been NY, LA, Chicago, and Houston for a loooooooong time

you got to get out and talk to people :smh:

exactly!!

sounds like homie has a hard time socializing

don't get me wrong - houston not New York or Vegas but its not hard to find things to do

plenty of crawfish parties and day parties on saturdays right now

That's what it sounds like to me too. Most of the people I know who says Houston sucks are from Dallas or the outskirts of Dallas, yet they got the hell out of Dallas and built their life here :lol:

Last edited:
Frat boy scene is real... But shops of legacy and stonebriar mall areas are pretty dope...

Austin ranch is like... College dorms for 25 year old professionals

Six flags, baseball games, cowboy games, NBDL and pro soccer team, mavs tix are CHEAP, college ball... So from a sports perspective, much to look at.

I haven't been much to fort worth... But its cowboy world out there... And... Like... Real cowboys... Not the actual football team.
laugh.gif

Healthy black and Latino communities

Thanks for reppin’ Dallas famb, the slander in here was hurting my feelings!! Haha THE DISRESPECT!!

But yall are nuts saying Dallas is boring, probably hanging with the wrong people.

Just a condense list:

Uptown – Every bar there is dope, Social House, Kung Fu, Barcadia, The Den, Three Sheets and the list goes on with baddies everywhere
Clubs – Monroe, Sisu (pool parties are a must), Club 8, Gatsby, and the list goes on.
Arlington – The Highlands, nothing but bars and restaurants and you already included the SPORTS
Lower Greenville – So many fun bars here with great patio and view .. and The Rustic, huge patio with stage and live bands
Klyde Warren Park – every last Thursday of the month they have a free concert that is insane
Downtown Ft Worth – Landmark, Kona, Vee Lounge, Bar Louie, Reservors, and the list goes on.
Places to eat at : THE WHOLE TRINTY GROVE AREA and it has a brewry next door, Boiling Crab, Hopdoddys, Ramen in Addison, Uncle Ubers, Rudys, Sweet Georgia Brown, Fred’s BBQ, Babes Chicken, all the Asian food in K-Town, Arlington and Garland, man there is just too much too list.
The Bishop Arts area nothing but great bars and food too!!

Can’t believe you guys are slandering my city like that .. THIS IS MY HOME FAMBS! Haha get at me if you’re in Dallas and want to kick it though, I’ll show you around.

My favorite thing about Addison is they'll offer you water or make you a margarita no matter where, sitting there waiting for my girl to get her nails did, waiting for her to finish shopping, whereever. But it's extra snooty and they hit us with a "do you have a reservation" when the place was clearly nowhere near capacity and so many open seats at the bar. That's when I discovered Rafain Steakhouse where we went to nistead so I ain't mad. SPeaking of, I have a Groupon for Rodizio Grill (another Braziliian steakhouse) in Irving for 4 people. Only catch is it must be used by the end of next week and its Mon-Thu only. If anyone wants it and will use it and send me pics and tell me how it was, it's all yours. HMU

And I disagree on the traffic compared to Houston. Granted I have gone to Houston during high demand times like All Star Weekend and playoff games, even getting a hotel just right on the other side of the interstate from downtown took hours and it was bumper to bumper gridlocked. I could have gotten out and walked faster. Happens almost every time I'm down there.

Yea man allstar weekend here gets crazy. Lol the traffic isnt normally THAT bad.. But it does suck.

Dallas is way too materialistic and pretentious for me. Nothing but snobs mostly in downtown/uptown..you are judged by everything here. Your car especially. Clothes..it's like everyone is trying to out do each other.

I live here.

Last edited:

Frat boy scene is real... But shops of legacy and stonebriar mall areas are pretty dope...

Austin ranch is like... College dorms for 25 year old professionals

Six flags, baseball games, cowboy games, NBDL and pro soccer team, mavs tix are CHEAP, college ball... So from a sports perspective, much to look at.

I haven't been much to fort worth... But its cowboy world out there... And... Like... Real cowboys... Not the actual football team.
laugh.gif

Healthy black and Latino communities

Thanks for reppin’ Dallas famb, the slander in here was hurting my feelings!! Haha THE DISRESPECT!!

But yall are nuts saying Dallas is boring, probably hanging with the wrong people.

Just a condense list:

Uptown – Every bar there is dope, Social House, Kung Fu, Barcadia, The Den, Three Sheets and the list goes on with baddies everywhere
Clubs – Monroe, Sisu (pool parties are a must), Club 8, Gatsby, and the list goes on.
Arlington – The Highlands, nothing but bars and restaurants and you already included the SPORTS
Lower Greenville – So many fun bars here with great patio and view .. and The Rustic, huge patio with stage and live bands
Klyde Warren Park – every last Thursday of the month they have a free concert that is insane
Downtown Ft Worth – Landmark, Kona, Vee Lounge, Bar Louie, Reservors, and the list goes on.
Places to eat at : THE WHOLE TRINTY GROVE AREA and it has a brewry next door, Boiling Crab, Hopdoddys, Ramen in Addison, Uncle Ubers, Rudys, Sweet Georgia Brown, Fred’s BBQ, Babes Chicken, all the Asian food in K-Town, Arlington and Garland, man there is just too much too list.
The Bishop Arts area nothing but great bars and food too!!

Can’t believe you guys are slandering my city like that .. THIS IS MY HOME FAMBS! Haha get at me if you’re in Dallas and want to kick it though, I’ll show you around.
Dallas is a bit too pretentious for me as well, but I'm Arlington born & raised and I like this city. Dallas is great to visit and spend a Saturday night in would never want to live there though.

Love Fort Worth, but I also like going to the Rodeo and the food and the laid back vibe of the city.

Haven't been in Houston in years but I think it is crazy overrated due to rap culture's obsession with that city.

Austin is a really dope city to visit and hang out in, but I would never live there. I recommend living in Pflugerville instead... 15-20 minutes away from everything in Austin and much cheaper.

Galveston schliterbaugn is wack compared to the new braunfuels one. i wouldnt recommend anyone go there. Kemah is just another place to eat with a few kiddie rides. Actually after obama stopped space exploration JFK is just a shell of its self. There is more space in cali now. The air space musem in the national mall has way more exhibits and its free.

I joined the navy in 99 and waz back home in 05 and didnt leave until november of last year. of my 34 years on earth 28 was spent in houston.

I wouldnt be surprised if i havent spent more time in the H tgan youve been alive.

I remember when Meyerland and gulfgate malls being the place be. Hell astroworld waz my babysitter i the summer.

and yet, you bring up a theme park that got closed down. :lol:

You just hate the city, and its clear.

When asked about what does DC offer that's so awesome, you brought up the fact that Obama sleeps there and you can go visit a Thomas Jefferson exhibit...

And a theme park (Kings Dominion) that's almost an hour and a half away from DC. :lol:

You keep sating why Houston sucks... But you can't tell me why other cities (specifically DC) is better.

:nerd:

I only brought Astroworld to show I'm know Houston.

If you think Houston is anywhere on the level DC or any other city your sadly mistaken.

I said nothing about Kings Dominion.

I love Houston by I'm not naive to think there are touristy things to do in the H that can compete with other major cities.

If you want to party Houston is ok by for not the best.

The partying was alot better when T-Town, Coco Locos, and Max's was open. I'm sure you are too young to know any of those.

^The Houston party scene was at its best when everything was centralized in the Downtown area after the super bowl in 2004.

Galveston schliterbaugn is wack compared to the new braunfuels one. i wouldnt recommend anyone go there. Kemah is just another place to eat with a few kiddie rides. Actually after obama stopped space exploration JFK is just a shell of its self. There is more space in cali now. The air space musem in the national mall has way more exhibits and its free.

I joined the navy in 99 and waz back home in 05 and didnt leave until november of last year. of my 34 years on earth 28 was spent in houston.

I wouldnt be surprised if i havent spent more time in the H tgan youve been alive.

I remember when Meyerland and gulfgate malls being the place be. Hell astroworld waz my babysitter i the summer.

and yet, you bring up a theme park that got closed down. :lol:

You just hate the city, and its clear.

When asked about what does DC offer that's so awesome, you brought up the fact that Obama sleeps there and you can go visit a Thomas Jefferson exhibit...

And a theme park (Kings Dominion) that's almost an hour and a half away from DC. :lol:

You keep sating why Houston sucks... But you can't tell me why other cities (specifically DC) is better.

:nerd:

If you think Houston is anywhere on the level DC or any other city your sadly mistaken.

I love Houston by I'm not naive to think there are touristy things to do in the H that can compete with other major cities.

The partying was alot better when T-Town, Coco Locos, and Max's was open. I'm sure you are too young to know any of those.

:lol: :wow:

Damn you must be OG, i haven't heard them club names in so long. That's them Jamaica Jamaica, Cornbread's days. When Harlem Nights was popping.

The city had a run like buddy up there said. The M-bar, Mercury, Visions. and Milkshake on Thursdays was the best **** going in the city for a while.

and i didn't realize cats really liked to sight see,:lol: The past few years everybody i show around Houston/Dallas all fall in love. I've had about 4 people move down to Texas, just off visiting for a weekend. It's all about what you in to, it gets boring everywhere.

homie mentioned T-town - i F with you off the strength of that :rofl: , but you still wrong

man you named clubs from 10 years ago, and when richmond didn't have those no U turn signals lol

Like i said, we can start this nawf side south side war back up just meet at pluckers with the yoppas ready to sing
laugh.gif

Idk about ya but I f**** with the H. I wasn't born here nor raised here but have grown to love this city... Really wanna move inside the loop or somewhere near.. Living in the burbs sucks.. Lol
Living inside the loop 
pimp.gif

Damn near everything is close by

^The Houston party scene was at its best when everything was centralized in the Downtown area after the super bowl in 2004.

Naw, Richomond ave in its heydey was on point everytype of club on one strip. Most nights all you had to do was Parking Lot pimp. I remember strippers getting off work to hang out on the strip.

So the whole city essentially went to Richmond to party, no matter the race you were on Richmond.

Then the news did that "Are your kids out on the Richmond 500" then the city installed those signs.

Last edited:

you said several theme parks that 'takes days to ride all the rides'

There's six flags, and kings dominion... what else?

again, you have yet to list any reason why DC is so much better except "it just is"

and you brought up tourist attractions... i'm talking about **** to do in general, whehter you live there or just visiting.

you said several theme parks that 'takes days to ride all the rides'

There's six flags, and kings dominion... what else?

again, you have yet to list any reason why DC is so much better except "it just is"

and you brought up tourist attractions... i'm talking about **** to do in general, whehter you live there or just visiting.

I was referring to the Austin area. I did austin because DC would be too easy.

1ST WARD IN THIS PEICE WHAT IT DEW FOOL?!

WASSUP NAWF CENTRAL, STUDEWOOD, HEIGHTS, IRVINGTON, PARKER RD, GREENSPOINT, WHATS GOOD HOPPER RD

I was referring to the Austin area. I did austin because DC would be too easy.
:lol:

I've been asking you to do DC famb...

If it's that easy, just do it! Tell why DC>>>>>>> Houston

Man I gave you the National Mall and all it has to offer in one place. What in Houston is better?

Wait, are you even from Houston or you one of those kids from the burbs claiming the H?

Back
Top Bottom