Things we did as kids

Originally Posted by Club29

i used to have a WWF wrestling ring and pretty much every wrestling action figure. (i also used power ranger action figures as well)

Infact i made my own federation and gave all of the action figures new names and gimmicks.

I made weekly events and once a month pay-per-view events. I always wrote down the event cards. i never missed a month

i kept this up for 6 years.

My friends thought i was crazy, but looking back i was suprised at how dedicated i was to that whole shpiel.

i was only like 5 when i started that.
Man, wrestling was my religion. Since I didn't have cable at my house back then, whenever a Royale Rumble would come on. Me and all my cousinswould go to my uncles house buy pizza and ask him to order the Royale Rumble and then we watched it. We would proceed to wrestle right after it was over.Wrestling is not even close to what they had back then. Jake the Snake, the garbage ess Bushwackers, The Iron Sheik, Colonel Mustafa, Sensational Sherri,Demolition, Brickhouse Brown, Devastated Incorporated. It was just entertainment at it's best.

Spell *ICUP* in the bathroom
Bend over and spell *RUN*
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Going to school everyday with your books of cards and a Beckett magazine
Rocking snap back caps with Starter jackets
Eating Gushers, Dunk-a-Roos, Koala Yummies, Handi-Snacks and all sorts of other dope snacks
Collecting Ninja Turtles
PENCIL FIGHTING!!!
Playing Pogs after school
Writing raps during school and spitting em during lunch
Not having a bookbag, just folding a duo-tang folder in half and putting it in your back pocket
Getting a chick to the crib on early release days
Murdering dudes in NBA Jam (I still do this now!)
Asking someone if they've seen Malone...Malone who?...Malone d#*^ in ya mouth!
Walking around with unconnected beepers
Using words like flodging, trucked, drobin', green, dipped, Debo'd, boof
Rollin your pants leg up on sweats and wearing skullies when it wasn't even that cold

Originally Posted by vasweetz

"Dress down days" (not having to wear uniform to school)-we lived for those lol

Aww I miss those days
frown.gif

Laying out your outfit on your bed the night before, shoes included.

With that look in the mirror brushing your teeth like "Yeaaaaah, I'm 'bout to kill 'em tomorrow."

pimp.gif

Doing whatever we want and be alright at the end fo the day. Unfortunately with the changes in the world today kids are just p*ssies. Well most of them,I'm sure there's a handful out there that's doing alright, but you guys know what I mean.
smile.gif

Freakin watching Looney Toons and Inspector Gadget at 7PM on Nick at Night!
smile.gif

Go to arcades and stack quarters up on the screens to get dibs.

Four square, kick ball and tetherball at recess.
Oregon Trail and Number Munchers
POGS
Beating up boys I liked (grade school)
climbing trees
Kris Kross -Jump(LOVED THIS SONG!)

Lunch
Recess
Missing class to watch at the nearby movie theatre (perfect attendance ftw)
Having "dates" at the local plaza or mall
Rocking the velcros like no tommorrow
Snack Time
Book Fairs
Getting that "video game or shoe" for your Birthday or Christmas
Four Square
Kickball
Science Fair

A few stick out.

- Telling friends you only watched Power Rangers for the fight scenes.

-Spreading the word that Icy Hot felt good on the sack or inner thigh.

-Come home from middle school to watch Saved by the Bell while eating cereal.

FromThaTown wrote:
Walking up and down the street with my basketball, dribbling between my legs, and playing basketball without any worries of any responsibilities.

Whooping dudes in Street Fighter II.

Don't forget NBA JAM!!!

Things were better when I did not know about Economics or the fact that our Republic is being destroyed by greed or that I would have to own the LSATs to liveup to expectations.

I loved video games, basketball, football, soccer, hockey and baseball and could laugh at the most rudimentary sexual or excretory puns.

Now I cannot even read Dante's Divine Comedy without spending most of my time critiquing it and/or finding themes or historical precedents rather than justenjoying the damn story.

I almost forgot. The field trips to Los Angeles or Santa Barbara or the mountains or beaches of Ventura County were very much appreciated. It was always fungoing to Zoos, Museums and various historical sites with classmates.

laying out your outfit thinking about how you gon kill em in the morning the night before the first day of school
playin oregon trail in computer class
watchin' bebe's kids every weekend
staying after school to play soccer with the mexican kids
when the kid with the soccer ball was absent, staying after school and playing kickball with the school's ball.. but having to give it back after only likean hour
smh.gif

tag
pimp.gif

freeze tag
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hot peas and butter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

watchin Raw faithfully every monday night
only cleaning your room so you can practice wrestling moves
laugh.gif

askin the teacher for star stickers so you can put them on ur ear
coordinating the bobo's(
smh.gif
) in ur hair to what you were wearing..and ur moms gettin mad at you for askin her to change them every night
laugh.gif

the michael jackson video game was
pimp.gif

buying icees at recess thru the hole in the gate that the school refused to fix
smh.gif

being mad afterschool because u spent ur money on that icee
laugh.gif

ice skating trips before thankgiving break, xmas break, after xmas break and again before late winter break
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

trip to the pumpkin patch the week before halloween
pimp.gif

growth spurts
smh.gif
being last in line and having to close the door ftl
racing in the gym during recess when it snowed or rained.. ur class always winning ftw
matter of fact.. field day
pimp.gif

making new friends in summer camp
end of the summer BBQs
pimp.gif

birthday parties in school
pimp.gif
.. sadly, my birthday is in August.. so i never got to experience this myself.. but i did help my moms with my lil brothersparty a couple years
pimp.gif

not having to worry about anything except getting good grades.. which wasn't hard because you're a genius
pimp.gif

best days of my life.. only days where i was never judged.. or disliked by anyone for simply being myself..
miss em..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by delaacruuz

"Telling someone to look in their shirt and spell the word attic "

LOL
grin.gif
I don't get it
you wouldn't
laugh.gif
i'm joshin.

anyway...
freeze tag
koongies (sp?)
collecting pogs
playing manhunt in the dead end streets at night
pimp.gif

saying something at the same time as somebody else: "jinx!"..."double jinx!"

playin spin the bottle... jumpin out of trees for no reason...tryin to burn ants with a magnifying glass.. riding bikes in the woods...collecting baseballcards...playin in dirt with your brand new clothes...crying, then havin your parents say: "Stop crying or else i'll give you somethin to cryabout!"...playin Nintendo...watchin movies on VHS... listenin to a Walkman...

BB action
telling someone to spell IHOP (i ate cho pee)
"what are you eating under there" (under wear?)
punch buggy
laugh.gif

During the summer staying out all day and playing videogames all night (Goldeneye to be more specific).

Back
Top Bottom