Thinking about moving to norfolk

I lived in Sterling for about half a yr and I`ve always loved VA. Now the company I work for has a branch down there. I guess the biggest question is do ya`llsee any West Indians down there
laugh.gif

I don't know about all that...
laugh.gif

But if your company is gonna pay you the same (or more) to go down to Norfolk, I say go for it.

It's nothing like the "7 cities" anywhere in the U.S.
pimp.gif

And most importantly, you'll feel like you're making a hell of alot more money down there (cost of living and "people" economy compared toSterling, etc).

Reason I'll never leave Richmond for D.C. again...

Yes there are definitely a few of us West Indians in the 7 cities....
Carnival is held in Norfolk every year-and in 2k9 they are bringing back Carnival to the penninsula-the other side of the "757".
But other than that, I honestly don't like living down here. I stay in Richmond now for school, but I've lived in Newport News and Williamsburg, and Ihave friends who live all over the 757, so I have seen it all. Granted it may be different because you will be living on the Southside, and from what I haveseen it is a bit more lively over there, but I prefer Northern VA over the 757. But that's just me.
Link me for Carnival info.

Lively is right. Lol, I would say "its all what you make of it" but thats not the case most of the time. I don't regret growing up in Norfolk (Ilove my city and the people in it). I would say the 7 cities > anywhere else in VA.

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

Lively is right. Lol, I would say "its all what you make of it" but thats not the case most of the time. I don't regret growing up in Norfolk (I love my city and the people in it). I would say the 7 cities > anywhere else in VA.

straight facts

southside>>>>>>>>>>>>every other part of VA

our swag is splashin on you $!@+
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

Lively is right. Lol, I would say "its all what you make of it" but thats not the case most of the time. I don't regret growing up in Norfolk (I love my city and the people in it). I would say the 7 cities > anywhere else in VA.

pimp.gif

cue the clay davis clip..."SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT"...allow me to get mySilky Johnson on...*pause*...noVA>>>(x10000)soVA...

^
No harm,

But NOVA is not on 757 level. General people alone are more down to earth and all about love down there. As well as each city having its own identity. Yeah,Norfolk is minutes from Va Beach... Hampton is minutes from N.News... But you KNOW when you are in which city.

Nova? More actual broke people going into more debt to PROVE to another muthf'ka that they "got" money, stuck up,and its always a way to get lost! I can't tell Sterling from the "new" Lorton to Springfield to Arlington. All the !%+$ is the same, and rt. 1ain't what it used to be now.
laugh.gif

And most of all, most "true" NOVAians act like D.C. is 25 hours away, rarely going into the city, like D.C. is some plaque.
eyes.gif

^lol

im a true NOVAian n i hit the city atleast 2 times a week, second home to me. i mean i cant knock SOVA, it def feels alot different then around my way, butyour right about the "showin love" part, dudes is mad friendly down there, actually it kinda makes me uncomfortable sometimes, random dudes comin upto me at waffle house at 230 in the mornin while im drunk askin me n my boys if were from DC, then goin on about spots we might like lol, i was like
indifferent.gif
atfirst but i realized that would of never happened if a outta towner came up north to my neighborhood lol, he would have gotten mean mugged

stuck up is true, but i guess thats what areas in nova your at, IMO the majority of fairfax people are stuck up, i work out here so i see this everyday, peopleact like there better then me because im in a old car or i dress a certain way, and you have to approach girls a certain way in order not to get carried, butwhen i go to VA beach of newport or downtown norfolk i just hit chicks with the finger wave n tell em to come here, n they do lol.

even tho we aint THAT far away, it truly feels like im in another state when i go down south, different lingo, different style, different trends, differentattitudes, different everything.

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

^lol

im a true NOVAian n i hit the city atleast 2 times a week, second home to me. i mean i cant knock SOVA, it def feels alot different then around my way, but your right about the "showin love" part, dudes is mad friendly down there, actually it kinda makes me uncomfortable sometimes, random dudes comin up to me at waffle house at 230 in the mornin while im drunk askin me n my boys if were from DC, then goin on about spots we might like lol, i was like
indifferent.gif
at first but i realized that would of never happened if a outta towner came up north to my neighborhood lol, he would have gotten mean mugged

stuck up is true, but i guess thats what areas in nova your at, IMO the majority of fairfax people are stuck up, i work out here so i see this everyday, people act like there better then me because im in a old car or i dress a certain way, and you have to approach girls a certain way in order not to get carried, but when i go to VA beach of newport or downtown norfolk i just hit chicks with the finger wave n tell em to come here, n they do lol.

even tho we aint THAT far away, it truly feels like im in another state when i go down south, different lingo, different style, different trends, different attitudes, different everything.

your the first _ to say that and make sense with it

but foreal its easier to get shot and WALK to the ER than it is to bag a jawn up there...even ugly betchs hit you with the
grin.gif
im insulted cause im some kind of sexy......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by reeeem0

even tho we aint THAT far away, it truly feels like im in another state when i go down south, different lingo, different style, different trends, different attitudes, different everything.

your the first _ to say that and make sense with it

but foreal its easier to get shot and WALK to the ER than it is to bag a jawn up there...even ugly betchs hit you with the
grin.gif
im insulted cause im some kind of sexy......
laugh.gif

roll.gif

you aint neva lied i promise you if you step foot in a club or lounge n NOVA and expect to come out with a few numbers or a bad chick to take home for thenight you are sadly mistaken my boy, i use to think i was just wack, then i started hittin parties in different areas, i love goin down to VCU n those collegesdown there, chicks is so easy to bag for the one nighter, lol, i mean dont get me wrong i pull chicks up here too but its def WAY HARDER then it is anywhereelse IMO, clubs in pittsburgh girls show MAD LOVE to out of towners, same with VA Beach, when they started playin the GOGO in entourage n me n my dudes was theonly people on that lil $!* dance floor rockin to it chicks was diggin us no bull lol, dudes was like
alien.gif
but i aint show up for them. this cat from NY came up to us wit his boys n evensaid i can tell yall aint from around here like us, lol. these dudes look hostile up in here, its weird up here, like i live in woodbridge, went to school outhere n everything, n it was easy when i was in school to talk to chicks, but now that im out i try to holla at the chicks i went to school wit n there like
eyes.gif
but if i go to lorton or alexandria or arlington or even manassas andtell em im from woodbridge its like
eek.gif
lol, girls heads are SO gassed uparound here, makes me sick man, thats why i make that trip to VA beach a couple times every year, hell thats why i like chillin in MD and DC so much,

come to think of it the only 2 girls ive ever been in a SERIOUS relationship for more then a few months were from other cities, my first junt was from houston,and my recent ex is from bmore, lol. all these other tricks get the boot

when they started playin the GOGO in entourage n me n my dudes was the only people on that lil $!* dance floor
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

that is joint is mad small. can't get more than 5 people up on that joint
laugh.gif

Grew up in NN (Marshall Ave.) and graduated from Mason. IMO 7 cities>>>>>NOVA. The dudes up there swear they are the hardest N's out. Itsjust laughable. They have no identity at all. Do you wanna be from DC or do you wanna be from NY?

my family is from norfolk and is the job market was what it is up in the nova i would move down there a.s.a.p. and its mad cheap down there to live

Funny though because we(most moco, pg residents) see no connection with northern virginia. My best times spent in VA were at VCU and HU.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Funny though because we(most moco, pg residents) see no connection with northern virginia. My best times spent in VA were at VCU and HU.

most _'s outta DC and MD that ive spoken to see it that way.

like said...NoVa has no identity..so they d-ride yall jp...or am iiiiii?

its funny when DC/MD folk come to southside thinkin its the same as NoVa..._'s going into shocc when they find out gogo doesnt exist here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by reeeem0

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

most _'s outta DC and MD that ive spoken to see it that way.

like said...NoVa has no identity..so they d-ride yall jp...or am iiiiii?

its funny when DC/MD folk come to southside thinkin its the same as NoVa..._'s going into shocc when they find out gogo doesnt exist here
laugh.gif

very true in a street lifestyle aspect, i know alot of dudes who been gettin money here in north VA who can give two S_ about DC or MD, dont have no urge to goout there and dont view us as being apart of the same "tri-state metro" , so thats a two way street in that case. NoVA does have an idenity, its alotcloser to DC then richmond and the "7 cities" so alot of us get our style/lingo/attitudes from DC heads. i would say true DMV heads are located onroute one in VA. we dress like were from DC, act like it, talk like it, western counties jump on trends from all over, theyre confused, dont kno how to act, idonno, its hard to explain,

Back
Top Bottom