discussing pros and not cons... insta fail

cons
=====
u can most likely kiss your social life goodbye

hopefully u dont have a family or u can prolly kiss them goodbye as well

u will destroy your lower back

u increase the odds of ending your life in a car crash 10 fold

ur butt will go numb ALOT

any NTers here drive truck? i though it may not be such a bad luck for a year or two myself...
BINGO

its not worth 50k dudes

going on route for pepsi, furniture co. w/e you do

driving sucks, you think its good money but its really not, if its for short term go head but id never do it as a career

most jobs are gonna be 12-14 hr days easy

im cool with this dude who is a Sysco driver.........
sick.gif

like many gigs, you gotta load up do 100 stops against time/traffic/customer interaction/
get back up unload, do w/e paper work etc

it sucks

o yea a lot of companies put GPS trackers in the trucks now too.

drivers basically live da life of a traveling artist....doesn't mean you have to leave da local area.

but da money is closer to 80-100k when you factor overtime..and they get ALL KINDS of benefits.

for a cat like me thats a only child with no kids, i wouldn't mind doing that at all...long as my pockets is laced.

drivers basically live da life of a traveling artist....doesn't mean you have to leave da local area.

but da money is closer to 80-100k when you factor overtime..and they get ALL KINDS of benefits.

for a cat like me thats a only child with no kids, i wouldn't mind doing that at all...long as my pockets is laced.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im not about workin 70 hrs a week, and when youre doing that driving/physical labor its even worse

like its said its alright for short term

polorico give it a try to see for yourself

how is it crappy? JewSeeJay......read what he wrote

ninja.............80-100k?

i dunno about that............that can vary GREATLY obviously.

travel, hours, company, product etc.

im not about workin 70 hrs a week, and when youre doing that driving/physical labor its even worse

like its said its alright for short term

polorico give it a try to see for yourself

how is it crappy? JewSeeJay......read what he wrote

ninja.............80-100k?

i dunno about that............that can vary GREATLY obviously.

travel, hours, company, product etc.

Hazmat endorsement homie, thats da key between 20-30k easy...and here's da catch, can't have any kind of felony record to possess one

i know people who just have a class B who make a grand plus a week with no hazmat...you get a class A with a hazmat and you seeing cake...u do da holy trinity and get a arm guard license WHILE having a CDL master license w/ da hazmat?

psshh..

Hazmat endorsement homie, thats da key between 20-30k easy...and here's da catch, can't have any kind of felony record to possess one

i know people who just have a class B who make a grand plus a week with no hazmat...you get a class A with a hazmat and you seeing cake...u do da holy trinity and get a arm guard license WHILE having a CDL master license w/ da hazmat?

psshh..

lol i turned down a armed guard job back in the day for Dunbar....i interviewed and everything

couldnt believe how much starting pay was.........again like 70 stops a day lol, no time for a damn lunch break, you carry all that money

man, but yea hazmat endorsement there is a upgrade for a reason.......you prolly dealin with some ($# that can leave you sterile.

lol i turned down a armed guard job back in the day for Dunbar....i interviewed and everything

couldnt believe how much starting pay was.........again like 70 stops a day lol, no time for a damn lunch break, you carry all that money

man, but yea hazmat endorsement there is a upgrade for a reason.......you prolly dealin with some ($# that can leave you sterile.

Do it .....i have my B license and i make about $700 a week after paying my helper $350

I work locally here in NY...Planning to take out the A so i can drive 18 wheelers

Do it .....i have my B license and i make about $700 a week after paying my helper $350

I work locally here in NY...Planning to take out the A so i can drive 18 wheelers

Exactly P , dudes who would say it was wack are allready sittin clean.

i would not have a problem traveling around and coming home from "tour" for 2 days to a hot whip nd cake to spend .

I got uncles , and cousins who work for the MTA driving buses and doing maintenance on them dudes stay guapped up.

Once you get were you need to be you can have people drive for you and make that money .

im trying to bounce and move around and explore new areas as well.

Exactly P , dudes who would say it was wack are allready sittin clean.

i would not have a problem traveling around and coming home from "tour" for 2 days to a hot whip nd cake to spend .

I got uncles , and cousins who work for the MTA driving buses and doing maintenance on them dudes stay guapped up.

Once you get were you need to be you can have people drive for you and make that money .

im trying to bounce and move around and explore new areas as well.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by moneymike88

i'd only do it if i didnt intend on having a wife/family
gym and food schedule ()&#$#$ me when i was driving

i was even too tired to smash more than handful of times

ooo i forgot i even drove for Europa, major supplement supplier

damn ive had madd jobs
laugh.gif

Yo how old r u son? Jw

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by moneymike88

i'd only do it if i didnt intend on having a wife/family
gym and food schedule ()&#$#$ me when i was driving

i was even too tired to smash more than handful of times

ooo i forgot i even drove for Europa, major supplement supplier

damn ive had madd jobs
laugh.gif

Yo how old r u son? Jw

im doing da same thing as a supplement to college...that plus da Hazmat = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Truth right there.  My boy got his CDL for free through some workforce program and got a job driving/delivering for a beer company straight out of the program.  He was making like $40k a year and worked there for two and a half years.  Yea it wasn't the easiest job in the world, but you do what you got to do especially to gain the road experience.  He moved up to driving/delivering gas and last year made $75k.  Plus he gets benefits/time off.  During the "busy season" I know he cleared $10k in one month.  He works nights which he gets paid more for doing so and at times does work a lot of hours and sometimes six days a week to max out his hours especially during the "busy season", but it's all his choice to.  It's basically what you make of it.  He said it is the easiest job he has ever.  For a job you can get with no degree and work experience it isn't bad depending on what type of driving you decide on doing.

Originally Posted by bronxstreets

Mind doing a quick day n the life? As well as how u got ur gig?

im doing da same thing as a supplement to college...that plus da Hazmat = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Truth right there.  My boy got his CDL for free through some workforce program and got a job driving/delivering for a beer company straight out of the program.  He was making like $40k a year and worked there for two and a half years.  Yea it wasn't the easiest job in the world, but you do what you got to do especially to gain the road experience.  He moved up to driving/delivering gas and last year made $75k.  Plus he gets benefits/time off.  During the "busy season" I know he cleared $10k in one month.  He works nights which he gets paid more for doing so and at times does work a lot of hours and sometimes six days a week to max out his hours especially during the "busy season", but it's all his choice to.  It's basically what you make of it.  He said it is the easiest job he has ever.  For a job you can get with no degree and work experience it isn't bad depending on what type of driving you decide on doing.

Originally Posted by bronxstreets

Mind doing a quick day n the life? As well as how u got ur gig?

Also most of my family lives in NYC , and thats were i want to end up at.

Ninjahood whats the deal on the hazmat ? is that some tri state area type stuff? or is that for the whole Us?

i could see me stacking bred for a year and getting experience and hitting up the city and grabbing a Hazmat and having my CDL also.

How long does it take to get a hazmat ? fill me in dukez.

Also most of my family lives in NYC , and thats were i want to end up at.

Ninjahood whats the deal on the hazmat ? is that some tri state area type stuff? or is that for the whole Us?

i could see me stacking bred for a year and getting experience and hitting up the city and grabbing a Hazmat and having my CDL also.

How long does it take to get a hazmat ? fill me in dukez.

Originally Posted by jackl45

agree with that

high paying blue collar work, i wouldnt call it the easiest, id say your boy is def braggin like many folks do. he earns that money

one thing i noticed

working nights.................nope, im good on that.

OP try it out you might love it, you might get burned out after a while, you could make it a career, its what you make of it no doubt

there is a reason a lot of truckers look like crap also..........its not a normal lifestyle at all.

Originally Posted by jackl45

agree with that

high paying blue collar work, i wouldnt call it the easiest, id say your boy is def braggin like many folks do. he earns that money

one thing i noticed

working nights.................nope, im good on that.

OP try it out you might love it, you might get burned out after a while, you could make it a career, its what you make of it no doubt

there is a reason a lot of truckers look like crap also..........its not a normal lifestyle at all.

Back
Top Bottom