This dance is becoming old......ESPN is STILL defending Romo...

I don't know how many people watch ESPN first take
but I just cant believe some of the things coming out of these people mouth.
After an SportsNation poll asking would Romo lead the Cowboys to an SuperBowl showed that all 50 states (including Texas) answered no.
They continue to back Tony Romo saying that he had an all-star weekend last game against Tampa Bay (one of the worst teams right now)
so that still shows a future in the season.
They then went on to blame non-other than Terrell Owens
eyes.gif
for turning TheCowboys fanbase against Romo.
What kind of mess is this?
Stating that the only reason people don't like him right now is because they are "prisoners of the moment"
If Donovan Mcnabb throws 3 INTS in an Sunday Night Game its time to bench him...
But yet ESPN continues to back Romo after so many failures.
%+#?
Skip Bayless and Jemele Hill are two of the biggest idiots to ever grace ESPN.
smh.gif

Prediction: Romo has an OK game against the Panthers prevailing in a Monday night football win.
Leading to ESPN once again crowning him as one of the upcoming "elite" QB's in the league.
laugh.gif

P.S. Sorry to all my Cowboys' fans but Im just trynna help.
Yall really need to get rid of this guy and move foward. Word to Kyle Boller
smh.gif

QFT

ESPN is a joke and Jemele Hill and Skip Bayless are both idiots.

His problem is fixable, but he has the personality of a guy who doesn't prepare week in and week out like some of the elite/good QB's in the league (hehas the same "whatever dude" persona as Cutler, no coincidence they have similar issues). He just reacts to situations rather than staying complacentand sticking to a plan, that falls all on him.

Steve Young said it best on ESPN Radio.....you can get away with losing the game for your team once in a while, but if you're a starting QB and your thereason your team loses most of the time.....you won't last in this league.

But with that said his problem is fixable.

That's why the guys who prepare the most and take their jobs more seriously (and professional) like Brady, Peyton, Big Ben, Eli, etc have had success inthis league (especially in late game situations where they are most calm). Its like they know they will march down the field and win a game, because they treata 2 minute drill in the 4th like practice and stick to the plan.

yall know how i feel ... its time to show me, cuz even if he goes out monday night and sets the record for passing yards tds and completions in a single game,i still wont believe he is any good ... theres always a possibility he can lose the game for you, not a good look ...

ps... nothing grinds my gears more than people who dont know how to use a vs. an ........

Mez 0ne wrote:
His problem is fixable, but he has the personality of a guy who doesn't prepare week in and week out like some of the elite/good QB's in the league (he has the same "whatever dude" persona as Cutler, no coincidence they have similar issues). He just reacts to situations rather than staying complacent and sticking to a plan, that falls all on him.

Steve Young said it best on ESPN Radio.....you can get away with losing the game for your team once in a while, but if you're a starting QB and your the reason your team loses most of the time.....you won't last in this league.

But with that said his problem is fixable.

That's why the guys who prepare the most and take their jobs more seriously (and professional) like Brady, Peyton, Big Ben, Eli, etc have had success in this league (especially in late game situations where they are most calm). Its like they know they will march down the field and win a game, because they treat a 2 minute drill in the 4th like practice and stick to the plan.

I kinda get where you coming from....
but I just dont thinks it's in em.
smh.gif

The only person that could push and force him to become an better QB, they threw him out of town.
The receivers are to young to open their mouth.
Jerry Jones is too much of an players owner to say anything and
Wade Phillips's 'doughboy' character couldn't make me take out the trash in the morning.
laugh.gif

Troy Aikman has said and done everything he can to motivate this guy...but it just ain't happening.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

he's not that bad as people make him up to be but espns slurrping of him can be favresque at times.
Bingo. He's not as bad as people on this forum make him out to be, and he's not as good as ESPN continues to prop him up to be... The guyis a good quarterback, he just has games now and again where he goes Space Cadet on everybody and falls apart...

He had a passer rating of 114 in the fourth quarter last season, best in football... It's not like he's a complete choke job, but he has fallen apartin some of the biggest games he's played in...

It's been the same problem with Tony since he took over the job... He's careless with the football. He floats a pass between Roy and Crayton oncrossing routes. He launches a ball deep like he never saw the safety standing 20 yards deep dead ahead of him before the snap... He plays like Brett Favre andCutler, but doesn't have the kind of arm strength to make some of the throws into small spaces those guys can make... It really is like he's playingtouch football in the neighborhood with his buddies sometimes, like he's not reading defenses just taking snaps and chuckin the ball around...
The only person that could push and force him to become an better QB, they threw him out of town.
Oh good lord... Unless you're referring to Bill Parcells or Tony Sparano, which I don't think you are, get the hell outta here with that##@$%$$!...

Oh good lord... Unless you're referring to Bill Parcells or Tony Sparano, which I don't think you are, get the hell outta here with that ##@$%$$!...

Say what you want about Terrell Ownes.
But guy knows football and knows how to get production out of someone.
I'll say about 45% of his rants was about constructive criticism.
If we come off the field every drive after an incompletion to Jason Witten or some off the wall interception...
I would be the same way.

man as much as i believe TO wasnt a problem and his situation was blown out of proportion, he would never HELP romo ... romos too much of a %%$!! to get"motivated" by criticism ... all TO did was make him feel worse about his situation, although for the record it really isnt TOs fault that romo is a%%$!! ...

if any of you have coached little kids before youd understand ... theres some kids who you can challenge and they get better, and theres other who do worsewhen its suggested they stunk it up ... romo was and is one of them lil fruit baskets ...

i see dirk liked my space cadet line though lololol ...

ESPN is just protecting their own. If that quarterbacking thing doesn't work out, Romo has a front desk receptionist job at ESPN to fall back on.

espn-romo.jpg

Originally Posted by THE FAME

I'll say about 45% of his rants was about bettering the team.
If we come off the field every drive after an incompletion to Jason Witten or some off the wall interception...
I would be the same way.
Yeah... Nothing Terrell Owens did in San Francisco, Philly or Dallas was about bettering the team... It was about getting his and attention.
i see dirk liked my space cadet line though lololol ...

laugh.gif
It's so spot-on though... That really is how heplays...

He's string together 5 or 6 games where he looks like an elite, big-time quarterback, then he'll throw one out there like Sunday night and leave youscratching your head or bouncing your TV Remote off the wall...

I think Romo is a talented guy, he has done some things, and made some throws that I was just like
eek.gif
, but I wouldn't trust him with my team. I know that any snap, he could dosome crazy thing that gets my team beat. I watch Eli, and I feel like he can get the job done. (with less talented playmakers mind you) or Peyton last night. Or Brady, even struggling like he did vs Buffalo, you just know he'll find a way, Brees, Rivers, Ben, you just figure they'll figure out a way to getit done. And then there's Tony. And I just wait for him to make a poor choice.

You can't teach the ability to just get the job done. You have it, or you don't. I don't think Tony has it.

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Originally Posted by THE FAME

I'll say about 45% of his rants was about bettering the team.
I would be the same way.
Yeah... Nothing Terrell Owens did in San Francisco, Philly or Dallas was about bettering the team... It was about getting his and attention.

I don't see how any one can deny the level of intensity that Terrell Owens plays at
and how he pushes people to rise to that level.
As lilstar put it alot of his 'bettering the team' came threw constructive criticism.

laugh.gif
I don't see how you refer to Terrell Owens' bickering and whining as constructive criticism...

The dude brings it on Sundays, there's no question about that... But when you're leading the league in drops, dropping big passes seemingly every week,and complaining about the quarterback not looking your way after you were targeted 20 times in a game...? Go away.

He just needs to be traded to the midwest, then ESPN won't care about him.

Hopefully it continues to be non stop Cowboy talk on that station all year because we havent had that yet. If the Cowboys go 5-11 then it's "Whatswrong in Big D?"Outside the Lines specials the entire season, with "Wade Philips firing watch" every single day and every topic on every show.

ESPN got their programming set regardless if the Boys beast or bust this year.

Ry, how happy would you be if Brett went to the Cowboys next season?
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That @#$% would be nuts. It'd be like Matrix Reloaded where dude started takin over other dudes and multiplying, CNN would suddenly turn into ESPN, MTVwould become ESPN, they would just spread across all tv channels.
laugh.gif
Awesome.

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
laugh.gif
I don't see how you refer to Terrell Owens' bickering and whining as constructive criticism...

The dude brings it on Sundays, there's no question about that... But when you're leading the league in drops, dropping big passes seemingly every week, and complaining about the quarterback not looking your way after you were targeted 20 times in a game...? Go away.
One incident fam.
Like I said 45% of his rants.
You can't sit here and say dude did not have a point about the play calling and
how Romo always checked down to the tight end every 2 plays.
Would you be happy on the sidelines with a dunce QB?
Would have been all smiles Sunday night? Exactly.
When you work and bust your @#% all summer and season long only to have some doff
make a couple of dumb plays and end the whole season. I wouldn't be a happy camper at all either.
Now as for the 'Go Away' comment.
I believe I created this thread and you can happily exit at anytime.
laugh.gif

Who was that WR out in Buffalo I seen runnin free down the sidelines and Edwards put the ball right in his hands nice and soft and dude dropped the ballstraight to the ground?
nerd.gif

And that happens a lot.
But yeah, he helps out his QB's.

I don't think every analyst is defending romo. Merril Hodge was going in on him all day yesterday
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

JD617 wrote:
Where are you getting this 45% number?
laugh.gif

IDK. It's an estimate. :
eyes.gif

calibeebee wrote:
I don't think every analyst is defending romo. Merril Hodge was going in on him all day yesterday
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Merril Hodge is a fool man. Dude have me cracking up everyday.
laugh.gif

His commentary on Adrian Peterson's highlight runs are hilarious.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ry, how happy would you be if Brett went to the Cowboys next season?
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That @#$% would be nuts. It'd be like Matrix Reloaded where dude started takin over other dudes and multiplying, CNN would suddenly turn into ESPN, MTV would become ESPN, they would just spread across all tv channels.
laugh.gif
Awesome.

laugh.gif
idiot.

laugh.gif
CP

I'm just glad now my job takes me away from my house (and TV) from 6 AM to 6 PM so I miss most of their daily programming, and expert analysis.

Also, their on air talents defending Romo wouldnt surprise me in the least...as we know Tony has always been there for them for any interview they want,he's done commercials for them, and by golly he's that good old goofy white QB for America's Team. He just has to get the benefit of the doubt!

ill end all the TO talk right now ...

TO is the type of player when things are going good and he is involved, everything is dandy ... when things are going good and he isnt involved, everything isstill ok but just dont mess up or else ... when things are going bad and he is involved, everything is just fine ... when things are going bad and he isntinvolved, all hell breaks loose ...

therefore the only way to cater to TO is if you get him his 2 tds and 10 catches per game or you win the super bowl every year ... there is 0 chance either oneof those happen on a consistent basis so in the end, dude will always be a cancer ...

its not his fault though and i can understand him because thats exactly how i was when playing sports ... if my team was losing id scream at everyone and tellthe quarterback to throw me the football at all costs, better me than anyone else have a chance to make a play ... but it doesnt work that way ... you cantforce your qb to do things that arent there and then yell at him for it later if he messes up ... same goes for basketball, just give me the rock and if i missi miss, but at least im taking the shot and not you ... its a double edged sword because you want guys on your team who want the ball at "that"moment ... but at the same time, it can be a distraction ...

TO was not helping romo with anything ...

Also I forgot to mention that Skip Bayless's reasoning for defending Romo is that
if Eli can win one so can he.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom