This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link of video review for a penalty call in action they tested it in the game between Kashima Antlers and Atleico Nacional

I know people are gonna say it took to long and slowed down the game and the solution to that would be to have the review call come in faster but then you open the door to rushing which could lead to a mistake maybe they could set up a time frame where if they video review ref can see it was obviously a bad call within like 20 seconds of the original call then go for it but if he cant in that time let the original call stand, have the video ref be able to speak directly to the head ref. I think there are ways they could do a review without cutting away like show the call the other ref is reviewing or something.

At least they are testing it to see if it can work or not, id rather them test it than just say **** it why even bother.

EDIT: found some other examples of it in action in different situations on reddit others may have not seen.

Last edited:
man united better win today 

arsenal fans gonna air yall out 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Link of video review for a penalty call in action they tested it in the game between Kashima Antlers and Atleico Nacional

I know people are gonna say it took to long and slowed down the game and the solution to that would be to have the review call come in faster but then you open the door to rushing which could lead to a mistake maybe they could set up a time frame where if they video review ref can see it was obviously a bad call within like 20 seconds of the original call then go for it but if he cant in that time let the original call stand, have the video ref be able to speak directly to the head ref. I think there are ways they could do a review without cutting away like show the call the other ref is reviewing or something.

At least they are testing it to see if it can work or not, id rather them test it than just say **** it why even bother.

EDIT: found some other examples of it in action in different situations on reddit others may have not seen.

i feel it can get quicker by having a review booth behind each goal, a take from the NFL. also it will lead to cleaner play at or around the goal imo

They "tested" it in the FIFA Club World Cup semi-final. That is not the setting to be trying new things.

Goal line technology is one thing, but full-on review? No. Just no.

Hopefully this doesn't become a thing.

Last edited:
Nah i think if they ever find the right way to do it they can do it without letting commercial breaks happen. We already got the "Extra time brought to you by so and so company" they could just say "And we have a video review coming up brought to you by blah blah blah conglomerate" and just show the replay the incident and let the announcers talk about it for like 30 seconds which is roughly the same amount of time players protest a given penalty decision anyway.

The best way I can think they could do it is that if the video ref doesn't see enough why the penalty or a red card not given decision was wrong or correct in like 30 seconds which is usually about the time it takes to setup the penalty or call the player over for a yellow card offense that could be red in that time the video ref could review it at the same time without stopping play or set up.

Last edited:
the video replay thing would be a great poll question... 

i don't like it. 

i don't like having to watch the ref run to the sideline to watch the replay then run all the way back

why can't they simply have that extra goal line ref actually help the head ref more. im still not sure what he does.

Reports out of France have P$G and Arsenal battling it out for draxler in January...:nerd:

@GFFN: Breaking | Arsenal are set to make a €35m offer for Julian Draxler, according to RMC.

Mesüt Özil is currently pushing for Arsenal to sign Julian Draxler, according to RMC's @mohamedbouhafsi.

PSG have entered into negotiations with Wolfsburg for Julian Draxler & will imminently offer €30m, according to RMC.

Wolfsburg are asking both PSG & Arsenal for €40m, according to RMC.

Also in the papers is Morgan getting signed for around 24m by Everton in the winter. That's around what LvG paid for him,I'd gladly take that. Shame Mou didn't mess with him,dude is still a talented DM that can start on most squads in the league. Reuniting with Koeman should do him some good

Last edited:
Thats another thing they could do. Have a ref to just be the video ref have it be that extra goalline ref even and just give him a direct line of communication to the head ref so the head ref doesn't have to run to the sideline to see himself.

If we can swap out Oscar for Radja and another CB.........oh boy
I don't really think we need to splash out on a CB. With Zouma being close to being 100% and don't forget we wll have Andreas Christensen coming back from his loan spell next season

man united better win today 
arsenal fans gonna air yall out :lol:  

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I know they're getting the Slanderghini ready. I'm mad that Mikki is out, but Mata should fill in and do just fine.

I can't handle mid-week footy stress. We need these 3 points.

^

It's all good. Willian playing great under Conte

Chelsea FCVerified account ‏@ChelseaFC 5m5 minutes ago
Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Diego Costa, Pedro. #SUNCHE

Cesc :pimp:

Wish I took day off today

Last edited:
Basti on the bench today. Hopefully he gets some time today. And please sweet baby Jesus......NO FROllani!

Solid lineup, would prefer Martial to Rooney still but Mata and Roo play well together it seems.

Only issue I have is with a certain 'fro occupying a spot on the bench which means inevitably coming into the game...

I trust Nolito at striker he has shown some pretty good finishing ability. Glad to see Sterling back fully fit. hopefully the backline has there **** together again I think Otamendi can help with that.

CzqJVHLXEAAGWKc.jpg

is GundamWing really better at a holding middy then yaya?
I actually like city's line up. In a perfect world if Kompany is back instead of Kolorov and obviously Aguero

I'm not sure Yaya can still do the holding role by himself but Gundam Wing has the skill set to perform in a holding role but I wouldn't be shocked to see Yaya will be dropback at times as well during the game to link up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom