This forum a bad influence ?

Hey Jordan heads...

i kind of slowed down from buying jordans for a few years...

but since finding this forum i have really gotten back into it and feel at home sharing my habbit/addiction/passion with fellow Jordan heads.

since joining up to NT in December 2010 ,i have purchased retro IX's, XIII white/red , XIII Flints , III's , planning on getting either the Cardinal VII's or the Bordeux VII's coming up next month....

are you guys a bad influence ?
tongue.gif

yes

but you know those pickups since you joined is what some of these cats pick up over a lunch time. addiction is bad, but it could be much worse. you aren't compromising your family or nothing are you?

oh and check my sig: don't believe the hype
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Vuey

Hey Jordan heads...

but since finding this forum i have really gotten back into it and feel at home sharing my habbit/addiction/passion with fellow Jordan heads.

since joining up to NT in December 2010 ,i have purchased retro IX's, XIII white/red , XIII Flints , III's , planning on getting either the Cardinal VII's or the Bordeux VII's coming up next month....

tongue.gif

Think of Jordans like the old Apple Jacks commercial.

Apple jacks..."WE Eat what we LIKE!!""
Jordans......."We BUy what we like!!" 

I dont buy jays because other people like em' I buy whichever Jays I like myself. However the JB forum has been extremely helpful for me to be up to date on upcoming releases and also always has plenty of good pics of upcoming releases to help me decide if what I see is something I like and WILL be looking forward to buying.Example if the entire Forum thought a specific pair of sneakers were ugly but I liked them myself then i'd still cop.You purchased those kicks because you liked em' so no I wouldn't say we're a bad influence.But "if" you think your spending too much money because of all the heat JB is releasing then maybe you can say JB is a Bad influence for you.

I would say buying jordans right now would probably be the worst time to ever buy JB products. Your overpaying for the worst quality. You'll eventually understand.

Originally Posted by eltouha

yes

but you know those pickups since you joined is what some of these cats pick up over a lunch time. addiction is bad, but it could be much worse. you aren't compromising your family or nothing are you?

oh and check my sig: don't believe the hype
smile.gif
i know how serious some of the guys on here are....
wink.gif

the only downside is a naging wife ahahahaha "too many shoes blah blah blah"

i dont drink or smoke or do drugs.... so shoes are my habbit
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

I would say buying jordans right now would probably be the worst time to ever buy JB products. Your overpaying for the worst quality. You'll eventually understand.

thanks for your insight... but ive been at it since 1990... 

maybe im just lucky or i look after my jordan's but i dont seem to encounter any of these quality issues . My recent pick ups look pretty well put together .

you can say the same about most items on the market, even car makers such as BMW, Mercedes have dropped in quality since the 1990's . Pressure to increase profits, reduce cost is only something that is going to get worst.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Think of Jordans like the old Apple Jacks commercial.

Apple jacks..."WE Eat what we LIKE!!""
Jordans......."We BUy what we like!!" 

I dont buy jays because other people like em' I buy whichever Jays I like myself. However the JB forum has been extremely helpful for me to be up to date on upcoming releases and also always has plenty of good pics of upcoming releases to help me decide if what I see is something I like and WILL be looking forward to buying.Example if the entire Forum thought a specific pair of sneakers were ugly but I liked them myself then i'd still cop.You purchased those kicks because you liked em' so no I wouldn't say we're a bad influence.But "if" you think your spending too much money because of all the heat JB is releasing then maybe you can say JB is a Bad influence for you.

same here , i only buy what i like ....
I could of picked up the CG XI's but just didnt like how they looked on my feet, so i passed.

Only picking up on shoes that i really want . Yeah this site is great , as it provides so much good feedback (in general) and reviewing all the latest offerings...
as you log on and see them, vcant help buy love them and save up to purchase
laugh.gif

as they (jordans) are readily available in Australia, if you sleep on them on release day, you still can pick them up 2-3 months later
ohwell.gif

Crazy, I have fallen in a similar abyss, OP. I joined back in '07 and I was active for a bit on these forums, then stopped due to school and work. Three years later, I find out about the CG XI's in December and I had to cop. Ever since then, I've been buying Jordans, Lebrons, Kobes, Foams, Crazy 8s, and pretty much everything that looks good to me left and right. This addiction is madness and I think I should probably not log on here for a few months...

NT is definitely a bad influence lol.

and i agree with the poster that said quality has been best in years.

It's a bad influence because people suddenly think they're quality control and leather experts.

Hey Jordan heads...

tongue.gif

If you are doubting whether you should be doing what you're doing... RUN, RUN LIKE HELL!!!  Yes, it's an additiction.  It's no different than a drug (well, what do I know, since I've never taken a drug?).

So, the rule is this:  If you enjoy it, and it's not changing your life, and you can afford it, and you're not asking yourself if you should do it, then you're probably fine.  If you've gotten to the point that you have to question yourself, you've gone too far.  Questioning yourself already means there are red flags.  Hell, I only come back here now for a rare appearance, having been free from the Air Jordan drug addiction for about... hmm... I dunno... 6-7 years?

Hey Jordan heads...

tongue.gif

If you are doubting whether you should be doing what you're doing... RUN, RUN LIKE HELL!!!  Yes, it's an additiction.  It's no different than a drug (well, what do I know, since I've never taken a drug?).

So, the rule is this:  If you enjoy it, and it's not changing your life, and you can afford it, and you're not asking yourself if you should do it, then you're probably fine.  If you've gotten to the point that you have to question yourself, you've gone too far.  Questioning yourself already means there are red flags.  Hell, I only come back here now for a rare appearance, having been free from the Air Jordan drug addiction for about... hmm... I dunno... 6-7 years?

i dont drink or smoke or do drugs.... so shoes are my habbit
happy.gif

same here. well, almost. i do drink on occasion. but shoes are my only vice.
as for the original thought, i think its great that you can come to a place and see information/pictures on just about any upcoming release. thats the reason im here. to get information. not to add stuff like 'copped' to threads, because nobody on here cares what i like.

on the other hand, if such information werent as available maybe one would be less inclined to stop by the sneaker spots and save some money.

Man, I definitely agree... I've been on a buying rampage since December (after not purchasing any jays for over 2-3 years). I guess I relapsed.

Hey Jordan heads...

tongue.gif

I agree completely... I used to work at Finishline (part-time) and my entire check would go to shoes (mostly Jordans) I mean my addiction was bad. I backed out for about 4 years and now I'm right back in it... And this forum definitely keeps me in, I love it lol

Originally Posted by Pat

Hey Jordan heads...

tongue.gif

You sure you've "never" taken a drug? If you've ever drunk Coffee then you've taken a  drug as it contains caffiene & caffiene is indeed a drug.If you've drunk  soda you've also taken a drug as most sodas contain caffiene.  If you've ever been sick and used medicines such as tylenol, nyquill,motrin, painkillers etc. then yes you HAVE taken a drug as most medicines contain drugs.

However I think what you meant is that you've never taken "Illegal drugs "

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

You sure you've "never" taken a drug? If you've ever drunk Coffee then you've taken a  drug as it contains caffiene & caffiene is indeed a drug.If you've drunk  soda you've also taken a drug as most sodas contain caffiene.  If you've ever been sick and used medicines such as tylenol, nyquill,motrin, painkillers etc. then yes you HAVE taken a drug as most medicines contain drugs.

However I think what you meant is that you've never taken "Illegal drugs "

You remind me of myself from a few years back (smile).  I suppose I'm "guilty" of it even today... being a bit too literal when the meaning is obvious enough without clarification.  In years past, I'd probably have spent a paragraph clarifying my statement, leaving no room for you to make such a reply.  But, alas, I write too much as it is... so nowadays I try to be a bit more practical.

Yes, you're correct: I've never taken any ILLEGAL drugs.

As for coffee, I was told that I drank some as an infant, before I could possibly remember, but never since then.  Water/milk/juice are the only drinks I consume now.

As for prescription drugs like pain killers, etc., well, I try to stay away from them also.  But, I'm not insane.  If I have pneumonia (as I do now), I'm going to take the drugs to kill it (as I am).

Originally Posted by jaysonmyfeet812

Man, I definitely agree... I've been on a buying rampage since December (after not purchasing any jays for over 2-3 years). I guess I relapsed.

That rampage of mines began in December as well (of 2008). With that said...

Niketalk is the WORST influence.

But enter these premises at your own discretion, cuz you come out alive (apathetic about releases), i'd say you did well.

I wanna dabble on something that i don't think anybody in this thread mentioned yet:

Before my second stint with Niketalk (was a member here during its first run in the late 90's early 2000's), copping multiples
was something I NEVER EVER considered.

Now its, "three of these, two of those." And even shoes i never would have considered or looked twice at... i'm giving in and
buying those shoes too (because i'm gradually backing away and making smarter decisions, i stopped investing in the KOBE line
because of this - just one step closer to enlightenment is how i see it).

Originally Posted by Pat

im in my early 30's, on a reasonable income, married with mortgage like most... 

I have a weekly spending budget for expense's(petrol for car, train fare, lunch money etc) if i have a spare $20-30 left at the end of the week, i tuck it away, 6-8 weeks down the track i got myself $150-200... enough for a pair of J's
ohwell.gif

i read your post in the other thread... i am no where near as bad as you were
wink.gif

my wife is always saying " why do you need so many" how you going to wear them all" etc...

i dont think she understands.... ahahahaa

i use to get away with a new pair now and then and just mixing them in with the collection, but now shes starting to reconize the sig J's and knows if i just copped a new one
grin.gif

Originally Posted by maxpapic

same here. well, almost. i do drink on occasion. but shoes are my only vice.
as for the original thought, i think its great that you can come to a place and see information/pictures on just about any upcoming release. thats the reason im here. to get information. not to add stuff like 'copped' to threads, because nobody on here cares what i like.

on the other hand, if such information werent as available maybe one would be less inclined to stop by the sneaker spots and save some money.

I drink socially with friends, but i dont drop $100 on Friday night drinks with work mates, or hit the clubs and spend $150 on drinks each weekend.
i was talking to my brother, and he spends $40 a week on cigarettes. At least i am getting a tangible item and worst case can sell it off.

NT - JB forum is great, as its a place all of us can come and talk about our love/addiction for the shoes...

ive pretty much gone exclusively Jordan now... and snub all other Nike shoes
eyes.gif

nothing beats cracking open a brand new pair and rocking them.....

as the sneaker scene is very small in Australia, we hardly get any info on releases etc... even then we only get a handfull of the releases of what you guys get. But thanks to ebay and sites like this, it makes it possible to buy shoes now released domestically in Australia.

When you see thousands posting and hyping up a release, you can help but be influenced by it
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom