This forum a bad influence ?

lol i third that... i dont drink i dont smoke, and sure i dont do drugs... every now and then i buy a pair of shoes to motivate myself studying and becoming who i want to become in the future... My come to this website is like taking time aways for hanging out with the doode.. soo is a win for me when i stop by the website =D

Originally Posted by Vuey

im in my early 30's, on a reasonable income, married with mortgage like most... 

I have a weekly spending budget for expense's(petrol for car, train fare, lunch money etc) if i have a spare $20-30 left at the end of the week, i tuck it away, 6-8 weeks down the track i got myself $150-200... enough for a pair of J's
ohwell.gif

i read your post in the other thread... i am no where near as bad as you were
wink.gif

my wife is always saying " why do you need so many" how you going to wear them all" etc...

i dont think she understands.... ahahahaa

i use to get away with a new pair now and then and just mixing them in with the collection, but now shes starting to reconize the sig J's and knows if i just copped a new one
grin.gif

"My wife is always saying why do you need so many - how you going to wear them all"
"i dont think she understands.... ahahahaa"

Yes, I never had to go through that.  I wasn't married until after I sold my collection.

I think my wife would have a harder time understand me having an Avatar like yours (beautiful woman bouncing into view), than if I came home with another pair of shoes.  (Oh, but perhaps that IS your wife?)

Anyway, I just LOVE Sydney.  My wife and I cannot wait to go back.  It was the best trip that either of us have taken in our entire lives.

As a side note: I keep hearing about something special at the Opera House on the 26th or something?  What's that all about?  I saw some previews online... looks like a nice light show??

Originally Posted by Vuey

Hey Jordan heads...

i kind of slowed down from buying jordans for a few years...

but since finding this forum i have really gotten back into it and feel at home sharing my habbit/addiction/passion with fellow Jordan heads.

since joining up to NT in December 2010 ,i have purchased retro IX's, XIII white/red , XIII Flints , III's , planning on getting either the Cardinal VII's or the Bordeux VII's coming up next month....

are you guys a bad influence ?
tongue.gif

Next time you slow down, take a grammer class.

Originally Posted by Pat

Yes, I never had to go through that.  I wasn't married until after I sold my collection.

I think my wife would have a harder time understand me having an Avatar like yours (beautiful woman bouncing into view), than if I came home with another pair of shoes.  (Oh, but perhaps that IS your wife?)

i need to come clean... im a huge fan of female boobies as well
wink.gif
  (wife is better looking than the one in my avatar
wink.gif
)

I envy your collection, but its just maddness the lengths you went to to get shoes/pay for shoes etc...
I only buy if its a good buy, i wait for them to drop in price before picking up....

i keep telling the wife im done.. but then you hop on here and see all the pics of upcoming releases and memories come flooding back of the OG pair you've owned in high school and you start thinking about them.... then you got to have them !!!
grin.gif

Anyway, I just LOVE Sydney.  My wife and I cannot wait to go back.  It was the best trip that either of us have taken in our entire lives.

As a side note: I keep hearing about something special at the Opera House on the 26th or something?  What's that all about?  I saw some previews online... looks like a nice light show??

they are always doing some sort of promotion with the Opera house.....
i work just around the corner from it... take it for granted i suppose
ohwell.gif

Yeah, Sydney is a great city. Let me know next time your in town , well meet up and go shoe shopping !!!
tongue.gif

careful vuey. harness the addiction with a strict budget and be selective about how it's spent, and it will remain a harmless vice. yeah a sydney meetup would be sweet. i know no shoe fiends around here. mate, we gotta have a drink before you go to the states later this year.

Originally Posted by eltouha

careful vuey. harness the addiction with a strict budget and be selective about how it's spent, and it will remain a harmless vice. yeah a sydney meetup would be sweet. i know no shoe fiends around here. mate, we gotta have a drink before you go to the states later this year.
im only picking up stuff i really want....

i only got about 16 pairs ( about 7 purchases in the past 10months
ohwell.gif
)  not anywhere near some of the players on here im sure, but its has quickly crept up....

do you work in the city E ? we should meet up on mufti day
wink.gif

in the process of booking my holiday, most likely going in early July, as wife cant get leave during June.

haha bad influence? I hate when people try to blame someone or something other than themselves. These forums don't put a gun to your head and tell you, "buy the shoes now or I'm shooting you!" It's all about will power and if you're trying to blame this site for you buying shoes, you must have no will power at all.

i live in pyrmont and work in haymarket so yeah i'm in the city 24/7. every day is mufti day for me, bro
smile.gif
today i'm in fairly beaten allstar xx3
happy.gif
, i remember when i got these, some tosser working footlocker george street (the small one) was like "you shouldn't be wearing those". couldn't hold the laugh.

Originally Posted by eltouha

i live in pyrmont and work in haymarket so yeah i'm in the city 24/7. every day is mufti day for me, bro
smile.gif
today i'm in fairly beaten allstar xx3
happy.gif
, i remember when i got these, some tosser working footlocker george street (the small one) was like "you shouldn't be wearing those". couldn't hold the laugh.
awesome...

im all the way over at Circular Quay. I suppose living at Pyrmont, Auburn Nike factory is abit out of the way.

I only get to wear my J's on weekends.... wife likes to get dressed up when we go out, so my fav J's and a pair of shorts doesnt match
tongue.gif

but i find the Cement III's a slightly "dressier" jordan that looks good with dark jeans and leather jacket
pimp.gif

my 6 rings HOF are my beater jordans ...  "shouldnt e wearing those" ??? they are shoes FFS's !!!
laugh.gif

It's only a "bad" influence if you let it be. If shoes come before anything else in your life = bad influence.

If your life is going just fine and your happy, while splurging on shoes here and there, then I don't see a problem. 

It's only bad when you let it get to that point.   

NT doesn't influence me one bit, because it that was the case, I'd be buying into those limited type of releases, and wearing Jordan BIN's 
sick.gif

I'm the type that doesn't buy doubles and keeps them.  I'll buy doubles to later on use as trade bait or sell. 

I take care of my shoes to a tee, so anything like creasing, scuffing, and yellowing is prevented as much as possible. 

If you have to hide your purchases from your girl, maybe it's time to revaluate your spending

Originally Posted by monday22

If you have to hide your purchases from your girl, maybe it's time to revaluate your spending

Pretty much spot on.  
Having to hide any purchases for that matter. 

i ll def say yes..... bought way more shoes than i can possibly wear... coz of the job n %!*.... only 2 fdays a week to wear heat.... n when it cmes to it and also with this hot weather in houston .. i rather chill in sme presto....
so yuuup hype is a mo" .... niketalk put me n da double up game..... smh
frown.gif
lol

I wouldn't go so far as to say that NT is a "bad" influence,
maybe just an influence?
I mean, without the knowledge of learning what releases are hitting the stores,
you'll only be compelled to buy whenever you actually walk into a store.

For example, we didn't get the Kobe VI OC in Canada, so without this forum, I wouldn't have stumbled upon it.
That could have potentially saved me $220-$250 (reseller prices FTL).
Not saying anyone put a gun to my head to buy (as someone pointed out),
but it sure does start the wheels turning in our heads.

Anything can be a bad influence if used the wrong way.
I use NT more to learn about upcoming releases and talk to fellow sneaker enthusiast.
But if you come on here and spend your rent money and light bill money on shoes i dont think you can blame NT.
Because its not their fault all their doing is providing us a place to meet. How you use what they provide us makes it bad or good.

Not really a bad influence, just encouragement to do something u had already planned to do lol. U know u were gonna get those jays.... then u heard about all the satisfaction others had and u pulled the trigger lol...

they're just sneakers ... smoke some crack or do some heroin then u'll know what addiction is

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

Not really a bad influence, just encouragement to do something u had already planned to do lol. U know u were gonna get those jays.... then u heard about all the satisfaction others had and u pulled the trigger lol...
i think you hit the nail on the head mate
laugh.gif

nothing beats the feeling of lacing up a brand new pair and rocking them for the first time !!! im addicted to that feeling
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jsallday

they're just sneakers ... smoke some crack or do some heroin then u'll know what addiction is

well actually, from my years of dabbling in RC's, although never habitually, I can tell you that a shoe addiction is just as bad. there's an underlying knowledge that it is actually harmless which reinforces it comparably to a chemical tolerance/dependance.

Back
Top Bottom