this forum contains virus

the jordan forum is one of my favorite forums on niketalk. but my computer got infected by virus TWICE in this forum. i know this thread may not belong herebut does anyone have problems with this? btw, i dont have any problems in the other, nike, retro forums. lock this if i am wrong

It's the Google ads that are causing the virus. I know, I too had it and had to restart my computer back to it's factory settings, it's a pain.

My best recommendation is to use Firefox and install the plug-in "Adblock Plus".

oh i was wondering if i am the only unlucky one. yeah my pc got infected twice and i have to reinstall everything.

Twice? The ads got me with a one hit KO, lol.

It got so bad that I couldn't log onto my any of my user accounts. So my only option left was to restart everything, and that took hours.

I just hope we part away from Yuku soon, I hate it.

for my desktop, i have to reboot the whole thing and for my laptop, i just have to scan and remove the virus. but still pain in the butts

MAC FTW
pimp.gif

Same thing here... VERY nasty malware! NT knows about it and does nothing. I too had to format my hard drive. I got one of the latest that hides itself in system restore making it impossible to revert to a previous date.
For those using IE... download IE7pro. It blocks ads and flash.
Also, get rid of Adobe Reader. A lot of malware takes advantage of an exe. within Adobe. Instead, download Foxit Reader. It's about 1/10 the size, does everything you need it to, runs faster, less resources, and no security threats.
I'd also suggest everyone to use "Microsoft Security Essentials". It's free, real-time anti virus and anti malware. Built and updated by Microsoft and uses minimal resources. It's the new kid on the block.

guys, i brought this issue to the attention of method man and he gave me the heads up that the issue is being looked in to.
Basic Summary:
"Nothing in our ads has recently triggered my virus scanner, but content served is often dependent on users' browsing history. With thousands of potential ads in the rotation, it's difficult to isolate the ad or even the ad network responsible without help. Users are encouraged to visit support.yuku.com to report the problem and help track down the offending ad."

"In the meantime, we're working on isolating the networks responsible... User safety has to come first."

Originally Posted by Architect

Same thing here... VERY nasty malware! NT knows about it and does nothing. I too had to format my hard drive. I got one of the latest that hides itself in system restore making it impossible to revert to a previous date.
For those using IE... download IE7pro. It blocks ads and flash.
Also, get rid of Adobe Reader. A lot of malware takes advantage of an exe. within Adobe. Instead, download Foxit Reader. It's about 1/10 the size, does everything you need it to, runs faster, less resources, and no security threats.
I'd also suggest everyone to use "Microsoft Security Essentials". It's free, real-time anti virus and anti malware. Built and updated by Microsoft and uses minimal resources. It's the new kid on the block.
or you could just use Firefox

Back
Top Bottom