This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Just download the album and will bump this while meal prepping for the week. Looks likes it worth the wait judging from the replies cause I'll keep it 100%, Endless was mehh at best.

I seen a post on Tumblr that said.. "If you think the only R&B is Verse, hook, verse hook, etc. Then Frank Ocean isn't for you"

Only songs that really ramble are Nikes and Futura Free

I knew NT would have all the hyperbolic superlatives as soon as this came out. No matter what it was gonna be considered the greatest thing since sliced bread [emoji]128514[/emoji]. The majority of these songs are not very memorable and unfortunately much of this requires effort for me to listen to. I find a lot of the writing to be pretentious/contrived.

3 Stacks went offff tho! Killed it. Now a new album from him is one I definitely need to hear...

I knew NT would have all the hyperbolic superlatives as soon as this came out. No matter what it was gonna be considered the greatest thing since sliced bread [emoji]128514[/emoji]. The majority of these songs are not very memorable and unfortunately much of this requires effort for me to listen to. I find a lot of the writing to be pretentious/contrived.

This. Its not that good at all. The idea of having the album or it being new seems to take presidence over it actually being good.

3 Stacks went offff tho! Killed it. Now a new album from him is one I definitely need to hear...

Surprised you feel this way. The album is very slow paced and gets slower as it goes on so I think that will throw some people for a loop but I don't know if I can call it bad or if I'm looking for every song to be memorable

It's not the greatest thing ever but by no means do I think it's bad

I really think he stacked the deck against himself by taking this long. The internet likes to hate **** more than they like to love it. This just happens to be that good. I think it's better than anybody has even said it is, actually.

I really think he stacked the deck against himself by taking this long. The internet likes to hate **** more than they like to love it. This just happens to be that good. I think it's better than anybody has even said it is, actually.
I feel like people were expecting more Channel Orange vibes again
This is def different, got like some Bon Iver type of vibes to it, not much hooks
Some people don't like when you don't stick to a similar formula

I'm not the kind of music listener who needs a formula. In fact, I hate when artists get bound to "rules" because genius is found when you do away with those constraints.

So far, many of these songs don't speak to me in a way that makes me remember them. I find myself listening just to listen to the work. Like it's a requirement for me to pass my history exam tomorrow.

I'll give it more spins this week and hopefully it resonates much more deeply...

I'm not the kind of music listener who needs a formula. In fact, I hate when artists get bound to "rules" because genius is found when you do away with those constraints.

So far, many of these songs don't speak to me in a way that makes me remember them. I find myself listening just to listen to the work. Like it's a requirement for me to pass my history exam tomorrow.

I'll give it more spins this week and hopefully it resonates much more deeply...
All of the classic albums I like follow those rules. 8-12 tracks that flow.

Not feeling the album much, minus Nikes and Futura Free. Those tracks are flames.

Endless >

It's almost like right before a song can go into a pop friendly chorus he diverges. Definitely more of an album that needs to be digested whole, so I get why some people aren't feeling it, nothing wrong with that.

Once again, he gives a slight nod to majin buu with "pink + white"

I feel like Endless is getting overlooked, because of the main release and the whole visual part. There's some really dope tracks on there.

The writing is top notch, and with Ocean it's his staple. The album surpassed my expectations, which is saying a lot. I can' think of a bad track on either release. I will give it some time before comparing Blond to endless or CO, but imo they are all classics.

Does anyone know when the physical copy of the album will release?

Also, ya'll peeping these eBay prices for the mag?!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom