This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Is endless an album?

I downloaded Blonde and been through it about 3 times. I really like it. I can see why the hate though. I wish there were more up beat songs. And i dont really mean lyrically but just a change of pace beat wise.

I didn't really have expectations going in. I was a huge fan of Nostalgia Ultra and really liked Channel Orange but since its been forever since he dropped anything i wasn't checking and fiending like the reddit and KTT crowd. So for me this is one of the better releases this year.

I like endless but I really need actually MP3's like from a session [emoji]128514[/emoji] not ripped from the video

Not to mention I watched every part of endless....the extended version

He hit a groove on

Self control, good guy, and nights

Self control and nights my favorite tracks at the moment.

Crazy all my friends got a different favorite track (even if they don't like the album) so I know it's "one of those"

Last edited:
I lit up, turned off everything and just let this play. First song that stood out was Solo, loved it. This isn't a car around or ride around album you definitely have to be in a certain mood.

Have to listen a third time before I say what I think about it. Just glad I have Tory, Frank, and French new albums to rotate and match whatever mood I'm in, lol.

The lack of percussion really threw me off. Good album overall, though I imagine it sounds better in California for some reason.

Ivy, Pink + White, Self Control, Good Guy, Nights (#1), White Ferrari are all dope.

Last edited:
I imagine it sounds better in California

Pink + White is infectious.

exactly. The way he transistions on the verses seems like he complied random thoughts with no order. I don't need every song in a pop format, but when you all over the places, you lose your listener.

I also think the album suffers from poor song placement. The Pretty Sweet>Facebook Story>Close to You run is rough. I don't think any of the songs are bad necessarily but just seem misplaced.

11. Pretty Sweet (2:38) - Experimental and Abstract
12. Facebook Story (1:08) - Interlude
13. Close to You (1:25) - Short James Blake/Bon Iver type verse with distorted vocals

Thats 5 minutes in the middle of the album without a discernable chorus or verse structure.

Edit: Decided I'm going to make a Blonde/Endless blended tracklist for my own personal playlist

Last edited:
Eh. Not bad but something that I don't have much interest in listening to. Shame because I really liked channel orange and nostalgia ultra

I feel like if you don't like Blond you'll like Endless. Endless seems like it's geared more towards the "old Frank" fans and Blond is like a dream pop (Beach House) type album.

I like both, I think I like Endless more as a whole but there's songs on Blond that really stand out. Both are very solid and just getting better with every spin. I'm telling yall once you start learning the words and can sing along it gets better :lol:

Mama ocean has spoken

People are paying so much because this version is exclusive to Apple. I'm sure all stores will get the regular CD release in the next few weeks.

I downloaded Endless. Haven't played it yet but I would still rather have an actual album and not a video rip.

Frank mom looking fine as hell in that Twitter Avi. [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

I was thinking the same. We need more pics.

Last edited:
a little off topic but does anyone know if Channel Orange every officially released on vinyl?

Officially, no. I pre-ordered a copy from Insound, but received these correspondences in July '12 and January '13 respectively:

You are receiving this message because your pre-order the vinyl version of Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange. The distributor and the label have postponed this release until further notice because they are changing the packaging. The distributor has also told us that there will likely be a price change for this item. They have not released the details of the changes yet, but once we have them, Insound will be sure to update you with any new information ...

You are receiving this message because you pre-ordered the vinyl release of Channel Orange. Our buyer had been contacting the distributor for this item weekly in order to get more information. Today, we were informed that this item was taken off of the distributor’s production schedule. Due to this, we will not be receiving this item. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
I feel like if you don't like Blond you'll like Endless. Endless seems like it's geared more towards the "old Frank" fans and Blond is like a dream pop (Beach House) type album.

I like both, I think I like Endless more as a whole but there's songs on Blond that really stand out. Both are very solid and just getting better with every spin. I'm telling yall once you start learning the words and can sing along it gets better :lol:

I cosign this

exactly. The way he transistions on the verses seems like he complied random thoughts with no order. I don't need every song in a pop format, but when you all over the places, you lose your listener.

I also think the album suffers from poor song placement. The Pretty Sweet>Facebook Story>Close to You run is rough. I don't think any of the songs are bad necessarily but just seem misplaced.

11. Pretty Sweet (2:38) - Experimental and Abstract
12. Facebook Story (1:08) - Interlude
13. Close to You (1:25) - Short James Blake/Bon Iver type verse with distorted vocals

Thats 5 minutes in the middle of the album without a discernable chorus or verse structure.

Edit: Decided I'm going to make a Blonde/Endless blended tracklist for my own personal playlist
I think James Blake and Bon Iver are actually on the song.

Back
Top Bottom