This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

I thought Nikes was garbage at first, because I prefer his natural singing voice. But it's growing on me, it's catchy as hell :lol:

"These b____es want Nikes
They looking for a check
Tell em it ain't likely
Said she need a ring like Carmelo
Must be on that white like Othello"

Last edited:
I don't get what there isn't to like about the record? Lol. Sullivan on the background and Frank's vocals were top notch , and the instrumentation was super mellow .
lol this . its good . real good .

and I'm not buying that "its just too deep" talk either . I'm really hoping this gets better with time , but we waited too long for this . def a "yeezus" reaction to it . 

i ended up loving yeezus , i hope i end up loving this .

I thought Nikes was garbage at first, because I prefer his natural singing voice. But it's growing on me, it's catchy as hell :lol:

"These b____es want Nikes
They looking for a check
Tell em it ain't likely
Said she need a ring like Carmelo
Must be on that white like Othello"

I find myself singing this part just randomly.

Cool fan cover I found

People are paying so much because this version is exclusive to Apple. I'm sure all stores will get the regular CD release in the next few weeks.

I downloaded Endless. Haven't played it yet but I would still rather have an actual album and not a video rip.
I was thinking the same. We need more pics.

is this the consensus ? i like my music in cd form

I feel like right now it's getting the Kendrick Lamar treatment. We all agree that the first major release (not counting Nostalgia Ultra / Section 80) were classic. Then the 2nd isn't universally loved. TPAB is garbage to some, and an amazing concept album to others. Blond is getting the same treatment. I didn't love TPAB right away, but it grew on me. I'm hoping Blond grows on me too.

Just finished listening through Blonde while reading the lyrics on Rap Genius as well as reading the annotations and man...

This album is definitely a contender for my personal Album of the Year IMO, if not AOTY for sure. 

I'm at like my 6th listen and have been digesting it more and more with each listen. 

His lyricism is just so stellar and his voice sounds amazing. 

I love the existentialism themes presented in the album as well as the themes of growing up and coming of age. 

So good! 
nthat.gif

Just finished listening through Blonde while reading the lyrics on Rap Genius as well as reading the annotations and man...

This album is definitely a contender for my personal Album of the Year IMO, if not AOTY for sure. 

I'm at like my 6th listen and have been digesting it more and more with each listen. 

His lyricism is just so stellar and his voice sounds amazing. 

I love the existentialism themes presented in the album as well as the themes of growing up and coming of age. 

So good! :nthat:

feel the same way man. Was listening to this all day at work

I actually like this more than channel orange, personally.

If any of you like the PartyNextDoor album better than this you're ******* deaf.

Last edited:
Lmao no one said anything about p3 in here besides two completely different sounds

I haven't read through here so I didn't know...but I thought there had to have been at least one idiot in here that threw it out there :lol:

People were legit calling P3 a masterpiece lmao. I'm a huge PND fan, but man that project was not his best. It was fine for what it was though.

People were legit calling P3 a masterpiece lmao. I'm a huge PND fan, but man that project was not his best. It was fine for what it was though.

I'm a huge PND and I'm still trying to force myself to love the album which says it all.

Initially Blonde is so much more listenable than P3.

Has anyone come across a magazine rip of the album? I know there's differences in track listing and an additional track. If so, please PM me.

People are always ready to compare everything. Blonde and P3 aren't even close in terms of sound. :rofl:

No one so much as even implied they were.

Frank, Party and The Weeknd will forever be linked because they each explode onto the scene releasing their respective first notable projects literally within months of one another back in 2011.

When two of the three drop projects a week apart, of course they're going to be compared. Don't be naive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom