This is one of the most 10 most important albums of the last 20 years...

tumblr_kzsnvwtn3m1qahp72o1_500.jpg

Was just listening to this last night and its amazing how relevant and contemporary this still feels.  Literally still get chills when Building Steam with a Grain of Salt.  For me, first time listening to this album was such a surreal experience, not a religious guy but I couldn't help but feel spiritual while it played. Just really blended so many important facets of contemporary music, capturing what this country is really about.

Going to Vegas next week so I'm strapped for cash but he's at Irving Plaza in NYC on Friday and I''m considering pulling the trigger.  Need to see this man spin live before I die.

For those who don't know (OP didn't say) this is DJ Shadow. Album is called Endtroducing I think.

yeah Endtroducing is a classic.. ask any of your favorite producers and they will tell you they were influenced by this album

I'm not sure it's one of the 10 most important of the past 20 years, but it is a classic. I would go as far as calling it genre defining but that's it...

Just read some info on this album and I am definitely inrigued that the entire album is almost entirely structured from sample elements. Gonna have to give this a listen for sure.

My first concert in Austin, Texas was DJ Shadow. Security let us in free. Was a super dope show.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Wow. I figured most people heard this by now. lol Perfect rainy day album.
Co-sign, weird
laugh.gif

Endtro & Travelling Without Moving are the first albums I ever owned when i was really young. Grew up with it, I strongly disagree with your claim but appreciated to the fullest nonetheless
pimp.gif

I'm not sure if I would consider it one of the 10 most important albums of the past 20 years, but it is definitely a classic. Perhaps you could further explain what you mean by most important (in regards to which genre) and why you feel that way. Thanks for reminding me about this classic and I'll definitely be putting it on for my car ride home today!

Originally Posted by dreb1989

I'm not sure if I would consider it one of the 10 most important albums of the past 20 years, but it is definitely a classic. Perhaps you could further explain what you mean by most important (in regards to which genre) and why you feel that way. Thanks for reminding me about this classic and I'll definitely be putting it on for my car ride home today!
Yup, this is how I feel.

DJ Shadow
pimp.gif

Love this album way too much for my own good. Bulidng Steam with a Grain of Salt and What DOes Your Soul Look Like (track 15 i think)are the standout gems but the whole thing goes hard. I wish Shadow would return to form with this kind of stuff. I was disappointed in The Outsider and The Less You Know. I cant wait to see him at Coachella in a few weeks though

Back
Top Bottom