This is one of the most UNDERRATED albums in the last 10 years...

417PC1YSTML.jpg

Discuss

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

No the *$#% it isn't . . .

Co-sign.

It has some all-time great tracks on here. A couple of joints that can stand next to any Hip-Hop song ever created...but as an all around, cohesivealbum...it's lacking.

Jay caught the AZ syndrome on this one. Great songs on an above average album.

iLLscan wrote:
This is one of the most UNDERRATED albums in the last 10 years...
de_la_soul-the_grind_date.jpg

121000137m.jpg

th_The_Roots-Game_Theory.jpg

Just to name a few..........................................

i dont really mess wit de la soul all like that, i havent heard the mk album either, but vol. 1 is damn sure better than game theory. I like the rootsand all but they jus didnt come with it on here i mean it was aiite but to say its one of the most underrated in the last 10 yrs is
eyes.gif
imo.

Vol.1 is definitely that deal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

^ Puff is capable of anything and he gets away with it clean too

I don't even know what you mean... but I'mma still say

NO!

I just think that hip hop fans can't think for themselves and Puff preempted his career of blatant raping of the culture by popularizing the term"hater" and made it unpopular to realize that hes nothing without reusing gimmicks, ghost production, and exploitation of artists.

It has some all-time great tracks on here. A couple of joints that can stand next to any Hip-Hop song ever created...but as an all around, cohesive album...it's lacking.
exactly what i've always said

By underrated I mean that I think it gets overlooked by a lot of people. Especially in comaprison to other Jay albums. I mean for me personally I sure ashell didn't listen to this album til wayyyyyyy late. I went through the Black Album, Blueprint 1 +2, Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2 all before I gave this alisten.

The album that came out 11 years ago is one of the most underrated albums of the past 10 years? I don't get it.

^ugh!!! Mac one out of the 4 cold rappers on no limit.

but yea vol. 1 is that bizness-it is underrated compared to all the other jay albums

My dude Mac was my favorite dude on NL....Then he went and caught that body...
smh.gif
smh.gif

But uhh, WWIII and Shell Shocked
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yeah, back to the subject....

This is EASILY my fav Jay album. I can listen to this all the way through w/o skipping a song (Yes, including THAT song too....It ain't that bad to me)

Back
Top Bottom