This is the reason why I like one my profs so much

Got this email today.

Hi to everyone,

Due to increasing number of schools in Aalto University, there is a desire to differentiate different programs more from each other. Department of Information and Service Economy has volunteered the Bachelor's Program in Business Technology to be the pilotprogram for "makeover" in ASE.
In addition to re-focusing research, the "makeover" will also touch those students that begin in the program next fall. No final decisions have been made yet, but there is for example quite wide consensus about following issues;

* students begin to use "school uniforms" (colour mix most likely dark blue, black and lime, girls will wear semi-long skirt)

* students appearance should be "conservative" (no tattoos or facial hair, only few piercings and hair should not be too long)

* students should abstain from using coffee, tee, energy drinks, alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs

* students must live a chaste and virtuous life (i.e. no sex) until they have returned their Bachelor thesis

Infringement of rules and commitments will lead to automatic removal from the program.

More information has been promised for next week and there will be a briefing on Monday, April 11th.

Personally, I do not agree with any of the "improvements" (surprise, surprise), but I feel you should be aware to what you agree on if you choose Business Technology.

MIKKO

The same prof has also called our dean an eunuch
laugh.gif

Got this email today.

Hi to everyone,

Due to increasing number of schools in Aalto University, there is a desire to differentiate different programs more from each other. Department of Information and Service Economy has volunteered the Bachelor's Program in Business Technology to be the pilotprogram for "makeover" in ASE.
In addition to re-focusing research, the "makeover" will also touch those students that begin in the program next fall. No final decisions have been made yet, but there is for example quite wide consensus about following issues;

* students begin to use "school uniforms" (colour mix most likely dark blue, black and lime, girls will wear semi-long skirt)

* students appearance should be "conservative" (no tattoos or facial hair, only few piercings and hair should not be too long)

* students should abstain from using coffee, tee, energy drinks, alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs

* students must live a chaste and virtuous life (i.e. no sex) until they have returned their Bachelor thesis

Infringement of rules and commitments will lead to automatic removal from the program.

More information has been promised for next week and there will be a briefing on Monday, April 11th.

Personally, I do not agree with any of the "improvements" (surprise, surprise), but I feel you should be aware to what you agree on if you choose Business Technology.

MIKKO

The same prof has also called our dean an eunuch
laugh.gif

lol, although the appearance thing isn't all that unusual for certain business programs. I know at some Uni's, certain courses the students must wear business attire but that's only to class - I don't think it's a degree requirement

lol, although the appearance thing isn't all that unusual for certain business programs. I know at some Uni's, certain courses the students must wear business attire but that's only to class - I don't think it's a degree requirement

^ that would suck.

i look damn good in a suit, but hate wearing one.

that top utton on a dress shirt over the neck? it aint for me.

gimme some camo shorts and a tee > suit. any day.

^ that would suck.

i look damn good in a suit, but hate wearing one.

gimme some camo shorts and a tee > suit. any day.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

"can't even button my shirt all the way to the top with out getting nervous"

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

"can't even button my shirt all the way to the top with out getting nervous"

lol yea thats not going to work. what are they gunna do, stalk you and see your not smoking drinking or having sex? you cant have a life?

lol yea thats not going to work. what are they gunna do, stalk you and see your not smoking drinking or having sex? you cant have a life?

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

It's April fools' though

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

It's April fools' though

Lol at you clowns thinking this is real. Obviously he has a funny prof that sent him an April Fool's email.

Lol at you clowns thinking this is real. Obviously he has a funny prof that sent him an April Fool's email.

I edited some stuff out.
It Comes Down to This:

And you may find yourself sitting in ______ from ____ on Friday, _______ taking your ______ final.  And you may say to yourself, “Well, how do I work this?  This is not the exam that I expected.

I edited some stuff out.
It Comes Down to This:

And you may find yourself sitting in ______ from ____ on Friday, _______ taking your ______ final.  And you may say to yourself, “Well, how do I work this?  This is not the exam that I expected.

Back
Top Bottom