this is what $ 2,700 rent gets you in new york

Who's justifying their situation?

The guy paying their entire paycheck to live in an expensive *** room for "the view" or the guy that lives comfortably and can travel whenever?

Dont you hippies like Yoga? how can yall even stretch in them cots

Its 2014 nobody envies New Yorkers and your medium sodas anymore.

I'm not directing this towards you. So, don't go crazy on me.

What don't you folks understand? Did you guys even know that most buildings won't even let you rent out if you don't have and annual salary that's 45x the rent?

How the Hell is ANYONE using their entire paycheck to live in a room? Buildings do this so people who can afford to live in those buildings live there. The last thing they want is to rent out a $2500 apartment to someone who only makes $40k a year and struggle to pay the rent.

I swear the ignorance and assumptions people make/show on NT is unbelievable sometimes :smh:

As for $2700 going a long way in other parts the country--Who the **** cares? If you live in NYC it doesn't matter what your rent can get you in Iowa or Nebraska. You pay to live here and everything reflects that.

You think people in NYC are making the same salary as people in Kansas City? No, it's all called cost of living and believe it or not--there's a scale that works with this kind of ****.

Last edited:
Its 2014 nobody envies New Yorkers and your medium sodas anymore.

If this was actually the case, then this type of thread wouldn't pop up every few weeks. When's the last time you saw a New Yorker making a thread bashing some other city?

Last edited:
If this was actually the case, then this type of thread wouldn't pop up every few weeks. When's the last time you saw a New Yorker making a thread bashing some other city?

You have people on NT ******** on NYC every few weeks, but whenever I go outside for lunch or walk to my office--I'm surrounded by thousands of tourists from all over the world. Whenever I meet new people, they're usually people from the middle of no where "trying to make it in NYC". Why is it that people are always astonished when they hear I'm from NY or meet a native New Yorker? Why is that 75% of the residents living in NYC aren't even from NYC?

Yeah, it's 2014 and no one cares about New York. Keep telling yourself that, NT. This ain't The Secret. If you keep saying that, it won't come true.

Last edited:

You have people on NT ******** on NYC every few weeks, but whenever I go outside for lunch or walk to my office--I'm surrounded by thousands of tourists from all over the world. Whenever I meet new people, they're usually people from the middle of no where "trying to make it in NYC". Why is it that people are always astonished when they hear I'm from NY or meet a native New Yorker? Why is that 75% of the residents living in NYC aren't even from NYC?

Yeah, it's 2014 and no one cares about New York. Keep telling yourself that, NT. This ain't The Secret. If you keep saying that, it won't come true.
QFT No matter where I go in the world, as soon as I mention I'm from NY, the questions never end. Or when people who live here, but aren't from here, find out I'm a native NYer, born and raised, they say something about how lucky I am and how cool it must've been. But we not relevant doe
roll.gif

I'm not entertaining this NYC is relevant in etc etc anymore.... because quite frankly it's constantly brought up by people who aren't from NY who have some type of feelings or have been scorned by a NY'er it's really not that serious.

That's in the financial district bruh

You're next to everything and have every amenity available to you
if u live across the street from  a corner store (like i did) u also have every amenity available to u as well. without the cost.

I'm not entertaining this NYC is relevant in etc etc anymore.... because quite frankly it's constantly brought up by people who aren't from NY who have some type of feelings or have been scorned by a NY'er it's really not that serious.

Yeah I don't understand the vitriol.

NY Nters, so if you're in your mid-late 20s, got around $2700 a month to spend on rent and wanna be close to everything (girls, gym, grocery store, metro, bars, comedy clubs, good restaurants) what neighborhood are you choosing? LES? Midtown? UES? Harlem? Brooklyn?

Just looking for a cool spot, not rundown, not too hipster, but nothing too yuppie/bourgeous (sp?) tho, if that's possible. Was thinking about moving to the city for a year or so just to see what it's about.

I'd do UWS around 70's-80's.

Honestly different parts of NYC have different personalities. Not every part of NYC will go with your personality.

$1900 for a 5 bed 2.5 bath 2 car garage house here in cali. 5min from the beach. foh with that small box with a view

You guys keep talking about what 2700 a month would get you in AZ, the south or whatever the case but generally speaking those places don't have the jobs that will let you pay that much for rent.

So in the end you're just stuck in a city where you can't stunt as hard as us.

LMFAO at NY dudes trying to justify paying that much to live in a box.
Real talk.

Location my as.  The realtors mafia got you fools trained well. 

My cousin lived two blocks away from Beverly Center in a dope as 1 bd 2 bth with a library aka a 2br/2bath hardwood floors fireplace Spanish style joint for $700 less then this holding tank.  Don't even get me started on what that kind of money could get you in the A.

NY Nters, so if you're in your mid-late 20s, got around $2700 a month to spend on rent and wanna be close to everything (girls, gym, grocery store, metro, bars, comedy clubs, good restaurants) what neighborhood are you choosing? LES? Midtown? UES? Harlem? Brooklyn?

Just looking for a cool spot, not rundown, not too hipster, but nothing too yuppie/bourgeous (sp?) tho, if that's possible. Was thinking about moving to the city for a year or so just to see what it's about.

Harlem is looking pretty good these days. West side around the 140s is money. You could even go below 140th.

Not really hipster but decent amounts of gentrification. Yet it ain't nothing to cop a dime at the Habibi spot. Nice lil mix.

This thread happens every couple weeks where some insignificant dude living in an insignificant city feels insecure and needs to take shots at New York to justify their situation and life choices. No one in New York cares about any of you other guys.
roll.gif

Harlem is looking pretty good these days. West side around the 140s is money. You could even go below 140th.

Not really hipster but decent amounts of gentrification. Yet it ain't nothing to cop a dime at the Habibi spot. Nice lil mix.
+1 for Harlem. Moving to West Harlem was the best decision I ever made.

LMFAO at NY dudes trying to justify paying that much to live in a box.
Who says people are paying that much? Those are post-gentrification prices. Where I live would easily fetch ~3K. Y'all dudes that live in West Bubble****, Nowhere and have to drive miles upon miles just to get groceries are in no position to talk.
Every time. Huge inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Nah your a idiot no matter how you slice it if your paying that much to live in a closet don't matter how much bread you have ...and I'm from ny

Haaaaaaa.

You guys always complain about NYC.
COME to San Fran.

(I also believe SF just passed NYC as much expensive place to live in the US)

I pay $4089 for a 1br in the financial district.
Studios in my building go for $3k easy

But we do have a nice view
BUT NO AMMENITIES

That humble "not something to be bragging about" brag. :rolleyes

I live in SF too and yeah the cost of living is going up due to the influx of young tech money, but with a $35k annual salary and tons of rent controlled places found on craigslist, you can get in on a decent spot here in the city without too much difficulty and live a pretty comfortable life for a young, mid 20's guy.

Last edited:
Paying 4Gs in rent w/ NO amenities? What?

Someone put me on to SF real estate...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Y'all dudes man.

By the way, no one wants to live in Arizona / Michigan / the south / etc.
roll.gif

Have you ever even been to AZ, the A, Mia(south beach), or Tampa.  These are some of the dopiest places in the nation/world with the baddest women on planet earth

Back
Top Bottom